H100: Morgan #1 (x16), Dua #7, SZA #10

B-Luke

can 1989 sneak in at #10 so she can have 5 top 10 albums all at once :dancehall:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Johnson

• pride4jc1222

• fridayteenage

• simmnfierzig

3 hours ago, B-Luke said:

#10 (-1) Morgan Wallen - Dangerous: The Double Album (43k total)

This will probably be the first album this decade to go diamond. 2 and a half years later and still in the top 10 :eek:

8 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

can 1989 sneak in at #10 so she can have 5 top 10 albums all at once :dancehall:

feels like 1989 could boot folklore

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

feels like 1989 could boot folklore

that's my concern :dancehall: I want Folklore and 1989 to occupy the #9 and #10 spot :'( 

3 hours ago, Artist said:

Male fans are very different from female fans. Males fan primarily care about the art and female fans care about their life/actions. Female fans as you can see from ATRL operate like they own the artist and wants to control who they date, where they eat, when and how they release, which cities they live in and what they name their child. Whereas male fans just want the art and move on with life.

It goes to show how people are hypercritical of women in general. Travis and Morgan are two solid examples, as well as Kanye's reemergence and Eminem's legacy.  I just hope the fans who are hypercritical of their faves aren't hypercritical of themself. Life is for living, learning and growing.

So what you're saying is that male fans have zero standards, zero sense of morality and constantly let malicious people get away with their disgusting actions, making the world a worst place in the process? And you think it's a good thing? Good to know :rip:

"Life is for learning and growing" and when have those male artists EVER done that? They aren't "learning and growing" in any way, they're actually very proud of their actions. And no, doing blatant PR "apologies" is not "growing".

3 hours ago, Artist said:

Male fans are very different from female fans. Males fan primarily care about the art and female fans care about their life/actions. Female fans as you can see from ATRL operate like they own the artist and wants to control who they date, where they eat, when and how they release, which cities they live in and what they name their child. Whereas male fans just want the art and move on with life.

It goes to show how people are hypercritical of women in general. Travis and Morgan are two solid examples, as well as Kanye's reemergence and Eminem's legacy.  I just hope the fans who are hypercritical of their faves aren't hypercritical of themself. Life is for living, learning and growing.

Tragically I don't think this is true.  Men have shown that they do care about the artist.  How many men don't listen to the great art female artists produce because they are insecure about their masculinity?  Or if an artist says something that they are politically against, they will happily boycott.  Garth Brooks is currently getting backlash for saying he would serve every type of beer in his bar.  The sad fact is, men don't care about the things Morgan and Travis have done. 

1 hour ago, byzantium said:

Tragically I don't think this is true.  Men have shown that they do care about the artist.  How many men don't listen to the great art female artists produce because they are insecure about their masculinity?  Or if an artist says something that they are politically against, they will happily boycott.  Garth Brooks is currently getting backlash for saying he would serve every type of beer in his bar.  The sad fact is, men don't care about the things Morgan and Travis have done. 

Exactly. Straight men are more likely to be right wing and they have no problem "cancelling" artists they consider to be on the left. I've seen it time and time again. 

Most cumulative weeks in the top 10 of the BB200:

1. The Beatles - 392

2. Taylor Swift - 309

3. The Rolling Stones - 308

She's coming for #1 :fan:

Barbie having 3 weeks in the top 5. :clap3:

Didn't expect this kind of stability 

3 hours ago, Enrique523 said:

So what you're saying is that male fans have zero standards(1), zero sense of morality and constantly let malicious people get away with their disgusting actions, making the world a worst place in the process?(2) And you think it's a good thing? Good to know (3) :rip:

(4)"Life is for learning and growing" and when have those male artists EVER done that? They aren't "learning and growing" in any way, they're actually very proud of their actions. And no, doing blatant PR "apologies" is not "growing".

You're making a lot of assumptions - I stated an observation. I didn't say one was better than the other. I said I hope hypercritical people are nice to themself as it's crazy to hold people to a standard of perfection.

1. People have different level of interest and investment in an artist. There are also people who don't care about people's personal life and behavior - it doesn't mean they lack standard. There's a war going on and people who are dying from poverty and I don't see you doing anything about it - does it mean you lack morality and only care about musicians? No, it simply means it's something you may just be unaware of.

2. It's a bold assumption to say they're making the world a worst place. How exactly do you plan to help?

3. I never said it's a good thing, I highlighted the difference. I personal believe people should focus on what makes them happy.

It's not just about the artist learning and growing, it's also important for people like you and I to learn and grow. Arguing about right and wrong instead of taking action to drive change is pointless.

2 hours ago, byzantium said:

The level of investment and interest are very different. Female and conservative fan's expectations of artists are relatively close. Not saying both are the same but just like how female fans want to control their artist's behavior, conservatives fans want to keep their artists "right" so anything left would be rejected... so the beer situation after bud-light is expected.

48 minutes ago, Artist said:

The level of investment and interest are very different. Female and conservative fan's expectations of artists are relatively close. Not saying both are the same but just like how female fans want to control their artist's behavior, conservatives fans want to keep their artists "right" so anything left would be rejected... so the beer situation after bud-light is expected.

There are a bunch of gay liberal men on this site that will not listen (for good reason) to Morgan Wallen or DaBaby. 

I guess I don’t see how any demographic is that different here.  Everyone seems to care about the art and artist and will stop listening if the artist exceeds what they are comfortable with. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

OTaaT is set to overtake Midnights as Billboard's #1 album of 2023 next week: 

Edited by pride4jc1222

15 hours ago, By the Water said:

Most cumulative weeks in the top 10 of the BB200:

1. The Beatles - 392

2. Taylor Swift - 309

3. The Rolling Stones - 308

She's coming for #1 :fan:

Paul McCartney you are bones

2 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

OTaaT is set to overtake Midnights as Billboard's #1 album of 2023 next week: 

Her first 2 weeks were counted in last year chart, right? Ugh those 1.9 million units. 

Edited by Steve Johnson

9 minutes ago, B-Luke said:

F3gjSrmWMAgQ61X?format=webp&name=small

We won! Snooze finally made the Top 10. The only thing that would have made this better is if Flowers didn't return to the Top 10.

• Like 1

Hopefully Taylor ends Morgan on the Hot 100 next week once & for all.  Disgusting he's managed to remain at #1 that long. 

Ecstatic Dance The Night is at #7 this week :clap3:

Vampire rebounding just in time for the weekly Olivia is flopping. Why? thread 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, B-Luke said:

F3gjSrmWMAgQ61X?format=webp&name=small

Cruel Summer, Calm Down, Vampire, Dance The Night, Barbie World, Flowers, Snooze. At least even if the girlies are not #1, they are still slaying the H100. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.