Taylor Swift - '1989 (Taylor's Version)'

Popboi.

25 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

Okay but can we talk about how All You Had To Do Was Stay makes absolutely no sense as the track 5 from this album :rip: 

Out of the Woods and Style are far more emotional or just narratively compelling. Don't get me wrong, I love AYHTDWS, she's a perfectly made pop bop but I just always felt like it stood out from a thematic and lyrical stand point amongst all the other track 5s

I believe the whole track 5 thing wasn’t actually intentional by Taylor at this point, it was more of a fan theory. Delicate was probably the first case where she recognized the concept.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• LiamVillain

• SpeakNowTv

Her Track 3s or Track 2s are much better than Track 5 bullsh*t.

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Arrows said:

I believe the whole track 5 thing wasn’t actually intentional by Taylor at this point, it was more of a fan theory. Delicate was probably the first case where she recognized the concept.

I've thought about this too, that she kind of retroactively confirmed it :dies: 

11 minutes ago, Arrows said:

And The Archer is when she fumbled the bag. Cornelia Street and Death By A Thousand Cuts are there.

27 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Could be Ronan type of addition ala Red TV.

I think Ronan is a special case though. She wanted to give that song a home and I think it’s because putting it on the album gives it more exposure and helps deliver the message to a wider audience (and I’m not sure if she is giving her proceeds from Ronan TV to the charity, but if so then it would be bringing in a lot more money by being on the album as well). 

She didn’t add the HG songs to the album so I don’t think she will add STF either. TWAF got added but it always felt like an extension of fearless whereas these other 3 songs were just released during those eras. STF is a pop song but it doesn’t sound like 1989. It actually sounds more like MIAB or TVFN (as in, her first experimentations with true pop songs). 

I say all this despite hoping for IDWLF on rep TV. It sounds like the era like TWAF did, so I hope it’s included. But I won’t be surprised if it’s not. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Squall said:

Wait I didn’t know we had the amount of tracks

So she either forgot STF or she will drop it on its own like the HG songs

I think she probably wanted to fit the whole album on 2 vinyls. I mean she recorded everything for Fearless TV and Red TV and she's not doing it with Speak Now TV & 1989 TV.

Hopefully another drop of outtakes (STF TV, Bad Blood Remix, Need) is coming

• Like 3

So the special CDs sold out very fast and they haven't been restocked, yet the countdown in her webstore hasn't been deleted and ends in less than 9 hours. Something coming or not?

The Vault collabs are obviously HAIM and Selena, you girlies are just ignoring this fact atp :fan:

7 minutes ago, Post Malone said:

Real girlies know track 9s are the T

Stay Stay Stay, she’s a plus size loud woman, I’d go as far to say, I slightly acknowledge, Stay Stay Stay TV. 

• Haha 2

So, do we think TIWYCF and IDWLF will be on reputation or...?

not that they need it, but it'd be amusing if their first charting song ever was due to taylor

I think I remember her talking about track five during 1989 and saying that she put AYHTDWS cause she wanted to change it up a bit with going full pop etc etc iirc

1 hour ago, swiftsummer13 said:

So, do we think TIWYCF and IDWLF will be on reputation or...?

I hope so, but sweeter than fiction was a surefire for 1989 tv so maybe the precedent she set on fearless and red isn't to be followed?

Sweeter Than Fiction has always been Red to me.

Like Starlight’s sister. Forever Winter further solidifies it.

2 hours ago, Arrows said:

I think she said fans told her about Track 5 during the 1989 secret sessions. I wish she had never found out because now the fandom holds them under a magnifying glass 

• Thanks 1

I'd love Troye Sivan on a Vault Track, but I don't see it happening. 

The reputa vault might be more packed with collabs (Halsey will be one of them I think).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, youreyesgocold said:

I think Ronan is a special case though. She wanted to give that song a home and I think it’s because putting it on the album gives it more exposure and helps deliver the message to a wider audience (and I’m not sure if she is giving her proceeds from Ronan TV to the charity, but if so then it would be bringing in a lot more money by being on the album as well). 

She didn’t add the HG songs to the album so I don’t think she will add STF either. TWAF got added but it always felt like an extension of fearless whereas these other 3 songs were just released during those eras. STF is a pop song but it doesn’t sound like 1989. It actually sounds more like MIAB or TVFN (as in, her first experimentations with true pop songs). 

I say all this despite hoping for IDWLF on rep TV. It sounds like the era like TWAF did, so I hope it’s included. But I won’t be surprised if it’s not. 

Another reason why TWAF TV ended up on Fearless TV, at least in my mind, is that it served as the fourth pop single from that album rollout. Instead of sending the title track or anything else deserving (like YNS, TWILY,  or F&A) to pop radio, Big Machine went with TWAF, so in the collective mind of Swifties (and music watchers) who were following the era in early 2010, TWAF really was a part of the Fearless era, even if it wasn't on the album itself. 

1 hour ago, wastedpotential said:

Another reason why TWAF TV ended up on Fearless TV, at least in my mind, is that it served as the fourth pop single from that album rollout. Instead of sending the title track or anything else deserving (like YNS, TWILY,  or F&A) to pop radio, Big Machine went with TWAF, so in the collective mind of Swifties (and music watchers) who were following the era in early 2010, TWAF really was a part of the Fearless era, even if it wasn't on the album itself. 

eh, it was a blip. no video, only got to 20 on pop radio

It’s pretty obvious that she’ll be doing some of the “More” chapters again in the future, no? I imagine Sweeter Than Fiction and the BB Remix will be on a “More 1989” chapter after the album’s release. It’s clear she wants to own (or re-record) all of her work; she didn’t have to re-record S&S and Eyes Open but she did, so I think it’s safe to say we’ll get all the extras somewhere down the line. Same goes for IDWLF and TIWYCF—if they don’t make it as Rep vault tracks, they’ll get a “More Reputation” release, too. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 1989 said:

It’s pretty obvious that she’ll be doing some of the “More” chapters again in the future, no? I imagine Sweeter Than Fiction and the BB Remix will be on a “More 1989” chapter after the album’s release. It’s clear she wants to own (or re-record) all of her work; she didn’t have to re-record S&S and Eyes Open but she did, so I think it’s safe to say we’ll get all the extras somewhere down the line. Same goes for IDWLF and TIWYCF—if they don’t make it as Rep vault tracks, they’ll get a “More Reputation” release, too. 

then where is the more Speak Now TV chapter? 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

eh, it was a blip. no video, only got to 20 on pop radio

Yeah, but compared to the non-existent radio run of Sweeter Than Fiction, (and also considering that this was immediately after Fearless won AOTY and was still very much in the press), it was a much more obvious part of the era, to me at least

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.