Taylor, Gaga, Bey, Rih, Adele - biggest?

Jjang

2 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

And almost half of Rihanna's come from Europe - her main target market with her dance pop. It's worth noting that when she abandoned the dance pop sound, her albums tanked in her main market of Europe (See: Rated R, ANTI)

homophobicera-imupshemad.gif

Europe: 45 individual countries

US:A

Give it up :ahh:

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• lonnie

• airplane

• #ADOU

8 hours ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

imagine being this delusional :ahh:

anyways Taylor and Beyoncé are on top, Gaga’s obviously last and the other two are pretty much interchangeable ig (Rih has more longevity than Adele tho by doing even LESS than her :rip:

The call is coming from inside the house.

EA748970-9844-4D4C-BB1C-D4357DCF7DAC.thu

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, airplane said:

And the US music market is bigger than those 45 individual countries combined :deadbanana: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Because 

I think they meant charts. Lol I bet Blinding Lights sold less than Blank Space pure but it wouldn't make it any less of the bigger hit of the two. 

8 hours ago, Chartman said:

Taylor (160M AEU and soon 2,5B $ from touring)

Beyonce (95M AEU, soon 1,5B $ from touring+DC career)

Adele (105M AEU, 250M $ from touring+Las Vegas gross)

Lady Gaga (80M AEU, 600M $ from touring)

Rihanna (110M AEU, 300M $ from touring)

It depends on what you want to value more, sales or touring. All are legends.

Gaga $800M*

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raspberries said:

And the US music market is bigger than those 45 individual countries combined :deadbanana: 

Okay maybe you should compare her stats to Morgan Wallen then. 

1 minute ago, lonnie said:

I think they meant charts. Lol I bet Blinding Lights sold less than Blank Space pure but it wouldn't make it any less of the bigger hit of the two. 

Why would you compare songs released that far apart? The market changed drastically from 2014 to the 2020s :rip:

Blank Space/SIO and Work were released less than 1.5 years apart

4 minutes ago, airplane said:

Lmfao. 

Just now, airplane said:

Okay maybe you should compare her stats to Morgan Wallen then. 

Morgan Wallen isn't breaking Spotify and touring records overseas. Would you like to try again?

7 hours ago, Jjang said:

and again - I’m open about my dislike for her so what’s the catch? I think she’s incredibly overrated.

Rich coming from a katycat that hides behind Madonna and Beyonce. :doc:

• Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, Odeon said:

Your passive aggressive anger proves the opposite. :gaygacat2:

Anger? I'm old enough to be over stan wars and celebrate all these ladies. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy shading them here and there for the kiis, especially when it comes to objective facts rather than personal opinion.

Just now, Raspberries said:

Why would you compare songs released that far apart? The market changed drastically from 2014 to the 2020s :rip:

Yall clinging onto the same two hits taylor scored last decade HELP

1 minute ago, Raspberries said:

Morgan Wallen isn't breaking Spotify and touring records overseas. Would you like to try again?

The both derive most of their sales and streams from the US though… i think the comparison is very valid. Want me to start a thread?

8 minutes ago, airplane said:

Population of California - 39M

Population of Ireland + Croatia + Georgia + Bosnia + Armenia + Lithuania + Albania + Moldova + Slovenia + North Macedonia + Latvia + Kosovo + Estonia + Cyprus + Luxembourg + Montenegro + Malta + Iceland + Andorra + Liechtenstein + Monaco + San Marino - 37M 

Edited by Artistofthedecade
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Neither is Rihanna :deadbanana4:

Just now, dumbsparce said:

Anger? I'm old enough to be over stan wars and celebrate all these ladies. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy shading them here and there for the kiis, especially when it comes to objective facts rather than personal opinion.

Your personal opinion ain't an objective fact, numbers are :emofish:

Just now, Raspberries said:

Music changed drastically within those years. The best selling song of 2016 didn't even get 2.5M digital sales within that year while there were multiple songs that were doing double that amount in 2014 :deadbanana4:

2 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Population of Ireland + Croatia + Georgia + Bosnia + Armenian + Lithuania + Albania + Moldova + Slovenia + North Macedonia + Latvia + Kosovo + Estonia + Cyprus + Luxembourg + Montenegro + Malta + Iceland + Andorra + Liechtenstein + Monaco + San Marino - 37M 

I think the point was breaking into countries that don’t speak your language and them having your music on heavy rotation. Rihanna and other global artists like Gaga and Beyoncé achieved that very early in their careers while it took Taylor around 2 decades to do so..

Edited by airplane

1 minute ago, wastedpotential said:

Troll

• Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Population of Ireland + Croatia + Georgia + Bosnia + Armenia + Lithuania + Albania + Moldova + Slovenia + North Macedonia + Latvia + Kosovo + Estonia + Cyprus + Luxembourg + Montenegro + Malta + Iceland + Andorra + Liechtenstein + Monaco + San Marino - 37M 

U.S. population: 331M

Europe's population: 747M (more than double)

Again you tried it with giving weird perspectives to further your agenda but failed

3 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Rihanna broke numerous records during the tour, becoming the youngest artist to ever headline a sold-out show at France's National Stadium, at the age of 25.[3] She also became the youngest artist to have sold-out shows held at Millennium Stadium (June 10, 2013) and Twickenham Stadium (June 15 & 16, 2013).[4] In South Africa, Rihanna created history in Johannesburg at the FNB Stadium where she became the first female and youngest artist to sell out the stadium

Just now, lonnie said:

Music changed drastically within those years. The best selling song of 2016 didn't even get 2.5M digital sales within that year while there were multiple songs that were doing double that amount in 2014 :deadbanana4:

Thats not true

Can't Stop the Feeling - 6.7M

Cheap Thrills - 6.5M

One Dance - 4.4M

Not to mention songs like Hello (11.3M), Sorry (5.5M), Love Yourself (7.6M), etc all came out mere weeks before Work did

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, lonnie said:

Blinding Lights has more units than Blank Space, Only Girl or Work doesn't 

1 minute ago, airplane said:

I think the point was breaking into countries that don’t speak your language and them having your music on heavy rotation. Rihanna and other global artists like Gaga and Beyoncé achieved that very early in their careers while it took Taylor around 2 decades to do so..

2 minutes ago, lonnie said:

Again you tried it with giving weird perspectives to further your agenda but failed

China population - 1,425,620,062

China language - Chinese

Europe population - 742,209,697 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

United States population 331M 

Europe's population 746M 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lonnie said:

And yet the US' music market is bigger than all of Europe's combined

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.