NYT: T.Swift has reached demand & media saturation not seen since 1980s MJ & Madonna

Feanor

22 minutes ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Since Gaga*

I remember Gaga in 2010 and she was just huge and an enormous phenomenon as big as Michael-Madonna :gaycat4:

No:rip:

You're comparing having a 1-2 year high then flopping to mj and Madonna?

• Haha 5

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enrique523

• Badgalbriel

• MardinBeksloy

• Raspberries

It's true :michael: 

People in here running to talk about impact and risk taking when that's not the topic :deadbanana2:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Since Gaga*

I remember Gaga in 2010 and she was just huge and an enormous phenomenon as big as Michael-Madonna :gaycat4:

No she wasn't. Gaga wasn't doing the biggest tour of all time and wasn't breakinv records with multiple albums. She just had a very successful debut and peaked there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

By her 10th album, Madonna had flop albums, a career-ending era and a massive comeback. None of the albums after that were big.

Taylor's only had evermore which is only an underperformance due to her own unrealistic standards :deadbanana2:

She's definitely going to end up above Madonna which is absolutely insane. Is "The Eras" her Immaculate Collection?

Edited by Katy V.!
  • Like 2

This narrative her + her team are probably trying to push is just :toofunny3:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 13

25 minutes ago, Katy V.! said:

By her 10th album, Madonna had flop albums, a career-ending era and a massive comeback. None of the albums after that were big.

Taylor's only had evermore which is only an underperformance due to her own unrealistic standards :deadbanana2:

She's definitely going to end up above Madonna which is absolutely insane. Is "The Eras" her Immaculate Collection?

I don't mind Taylor, but her music and visuals and just overall creativity and the songs itself aren't as culturally important.. just look at "like a prayer". or basically all of madonna's videos/music/tours and how political, artistic and innovative they are.. also, the songs by Taylor don't feel big or special. M is more comparable to Beyonce having a lemonade/self titled album sort of success for 20 years

Edited by wanderlust
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 4

52 minutes ago, Cheers said:

It's true :michael: 

People in here running to talk about impact and risk taking when that's not the topic :deadbanana2:

I mean, if you are the most inoffensive musician out there you will obviously have more chances of becoming the biggest ever.

It is more admirable for me to be up there despite being polarizing, against the norm and pushing boundaries.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

43 minutes ago, LOTF said:

I mean, if you are the most inoffensive musician out there you will obviously have more chances of becoming the biggest ever.

It is more admirable for me to be up there despite being polarizing, against the norm and pushing boundaries.

Sure. Still doesn’t take away from the fact she’s the biggest artist.

40 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Calling Taylor ‘the most inoffensive musician’ when she consistently makes swathes of people so angry, including the very people saying this, is… definitely a hot take :priceless:

64aa04cb-1d4f-43c1-9e14-11289a677767_tex

now watch a gay man who is obsessed with colorful wigs and extravagant outfits come and say taylor has no impact because she can't dance. :redface:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

The constant deflecting. :skull:

I'm not even a huge stan of Taylor and even I know this is facts. 

Denying it is so embarrassing

Taylor is the first female musician to turn her career and discography into a franchise. 

Each album is like a Harry Potter book, each persona like a different Marvel character. Her fanbase is loyal and passionate the way Beatles fans were - they will play and buy the music for the rest of their lives and make their kids know all of it by heart. 

• Like 8

The demand is there because Taylor Swift is genuinely a person with taste and an eye for authenticity. 

WE the people LOVE her

d6MFU84.gif

• Like 3

well thats what she deserves after how hard she works. tens are due where theyre due!

Truer words have never been spoken :clap3: 

Screaming at the girls fuming in this thread and in the reacts over this undeniable truth :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Katy V.! said:

Also helps that Taylor is releasing non stop. If she has one flop, she has another album on the way. Streaming has also helped. The comparison to Madonna is so odd tbh. She was more controversial. I can’t think of 1 thing Taylor has done that would anger the GP in ways other female artists have. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

The author isn’t wrong, but this really speaks volumes to the state of our culture. An absolute wasteland.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It's undeniable at this point let's be real. Every time people count her out I laugh, because she comes back stronger than ever and is always three steps ahead. :deadbanana:

Edited by Sometimes

1 hour ago, Headlock said:

Calling Taylor ‘the most inoffensive musician’ when she consistently makes swathes of people so angry, including the very people saying this, is… definitely a hot take :priceless:

I am not angry and I don't dislike her because she is offensive. It is because she is the most sanitized and inoffensive that I find her boring and overrated. Know the meaning of words, sweetie 

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 3

7 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

It’s true. She is overexposed tho

She is. I follow a tiktoker that asks people what is their unpopular opinion and you couldn’t watch a video without Beyoncé being mentioned. The past month now Taylor gets mentioned almost every time. The gee pee is sick of her! Swifties good luck, you don’t want this level of hype it’ll only come back to haunt you. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

12 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Also helps that Taylor is releasing non stop. If she has one flop, she has another album on the way. Streaming has also helped. The comparison to Madonna is so odd tbh. She was more controversial. I can’t think of 1 thing Taylor has done that would anger the GP in ways other female artists have. 

1 hour ago, wanderlust said:

I don't mind Taylor, but her music and visuals and just overall creativity and the songs itself aren't as culturally important.. just look at "like a prayer". or basically all of madonna's videos/music/tours and how political, artistic and innovative they are.. also, the songs by Taylor don't feel big or special. M is more comparable to Beyonce having a lemonade/self titled album sort of success for 20 years

You don't have to be controversial, anger people or even be innovative to be the biggest.

It's also pretty clear that Taylor has shaped the music scene in different ways for at least a decade so I don't entirely agree with that point.

It's not an attack on Madonna's legacy, which includes Taylor being able to get this big without having to struggle as much as Madonna did. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.