NYT: T.Swift has reached demand & media saturation not seen since 1980s MJ & Madonna

Feanor

How pathetic to come here dislike every comment as if that's gonna change anything. 

• Like 11
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enrique523

• Badgalbriel

• MardinBeksloy

• Raspberries

35 minutes ago, iknowplaces said:

I was crucified for saying Taylor was bigger Madonna... 

She, she is. The new queen of pop. 

No.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It’s hard to deny at this point. She’s inescapable. 4 years ago I thought she was starting to decline significantly. Now she’s bigger than ever. Whatever you think of this woman her ability to defy the odds and adjust to every new era of consumption.

• Like 8

There's no way you can deny her power. Who else but the Klu Klux Khaleesi.

dany1.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 30

I mean it’s true but the other two were bigger risk takers and had a much more unconventional career routes. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

Damn. Looks like someone is bitter.

OT: Are we surprised? The fact she’s managed to have 3 peaks and 2 massive it-girl moments is truly unbelievable.

Assuming her first 2 peaks are Fearless and 1989.

Her last peak I feel like started with Folkore and she just keeps getting bigger and bigger for 3+ years. It’s just insane to have a peak continue to get higher for this extended period of time. I don’t even see an end in the near future either. With 3 more re-recordings and TS11 still to come! 

My hopes is she drops the 3 remaking re-recordings by the first 8 months in 2024. Drops TS 11 in fall of 2024 and starts her 2 year era cycle again. Then she drops the re-recordings of her Christmas music on December 13th 2024, and finishes off with re-recordings of her movie soundtracks and anything remaining at the start of 2024. 

Still hoping we get a Lover deluxe version but I’m already asking way too much to begin with :lmao: 

• Like 1

Britney's late-90s and Gaga's late-00s peaks were superior so that's a lie.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 12

I mean the article isn’t necessarily wrong. No other pop artist that I could think of besides Taylor had this much success for every album they released. Even Madonna’s “flops” like Erotica (which I may add, only flopped due to her being crucified for the Sex Book) went 2x platinum in the USA. Taylor is definitely at that level of consistency. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Kimbra said:

dany1.gif

Daenerys is like the only white person in this shot from GoT.  You tried, i guess.  :rip:

• Thumbs Down 1

she is an icon and she is the moment

Taylor Swift is global. :heart:

The “impact” stans are already fuming. :ahh:

• Like 1

It's true, she's a household name now.

I still think that her status as The Monoculture Pop Star right now is due, in part, to the Disney and Potter brands that formerly held that status becoming more toxic. The liberals abandoned Rowling in droves due to her bigotry and the conservatives have been after Disney with pitchforks for being inclusive of minorities, and somehow she’s ended up being the pop culture entity that some people from both sides have latched onto. 

And one of the really strange things about it is that even though Taylor has vocally supported LGBT+ people and spoken out against racism on multiple occasions, conservatives tend to just ignore these things coming from her instead of constantly attacking her as they do Disney and other companies. 

The Disney / Potter comparisons even work in the sense that some swifties behave like the Disney Adults of pop standom, and always make everything about her the way that Potter fans have constantly been dragged for doing. And just like both, she’s always gonna stay here. 

I’ve been making the Disney comparison for years, though, because the way that she’s successfully marketed herself across generations is straight out of their playbook: hook ‘em while they’re young, get their parents too, keep ‘em for life, pull in their younger siblings and then someday their kids, too. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kimbra said:

dany1.gif

Hey @ATRL Administration I thought it was decided that this type of comment was direct to banland

• Like 3

Her Thriller moment is here 

did that tik toker lie who compared her to MJ? Don’t think so

1 hour ago, Losing my ground said:

Nah, they were not. They dominated with one album. Taylor has 10 albums dominating right now and she's moving more albums monthly than Britney and Gaga moved in one entire year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

She truly is the smartest businesswoman out there. She played her cards so well and her current peak will be unmatched for probably another 40 years. 

like it or not, fan of hers or not, her success is phenomenal. 

I just wish the music was on the same

level, I do believe it’s not that amazing compared to the hype 

• Like 1

Absolutely undeniable at this point. She has moved past being just an A+ Superstar, she's now a way of life.

These threads never fail to bring people in with their "in my opinion" posts as if that's going to change actual facts :rip: the forced delusion 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

“She only has white fans”

Sells out 6 days in Los Angeles :dies: 

Having just white fans would not make her this popular and this global

2 hours ago, Kimbra said:

dany1.gif

This is disgusting, you should be banned.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Theshigo Washidu said:

MJ sweetie....

The way you've been obsessively downvoting every post made in this thread, i LOVE how pressed you are :bibliahh:

Cackles GIFs | Tenor

• Thumbs Down 1

EDIT: double post

Edited by Enrique523
  • Thumbs Down 1

Since Gaga*

I remember Gaga in 2010 and she was just huge and an enormous phenomenon as big as Michael-Madonna :gaycat4:

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 5

3 hours ago, Losing my ground said:

No, they weren't :bibliahh::bibliahh:

Only people living in a romanticized past believe this :bibliahh:

2 hours ago, vuelve88 said:

Taylor Swift is global. :heart:

The “impact” stans are already fuming. :ahh:

The "impact" fans are truly the most hilarious people on here, the way they have this very biased definition of "impact" that of course never includes Taylor in any way is a pure parody at this point. And somehow they think their delusional opinions matter :toofunny3:

2 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

Nah, they were not. They dominated with one album. Taylor has 10 albums dominating right now and she's moving more albums monthly than Britney and Gaga moved in one entire year. 

Exactly. Taylor is dominating globally in a way those two didn't and that's just a fact. Once again, it doesn't matter if people like Taylor or not, it's a question of taste at the end of the day. But the way people deny objective reality, especially the "impact" stans, is TRULY bizarre :toofunny3:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.