NYT: T.Swift has reached demand & media saturation not seen since 1980s MJ & Madonna

Feanor

Good PR but Taylor is nowhere near as iconic as Madonna and MJ who are groundbreaking artists, not just big sellers.

She is the modern-day Shania Twain if anything.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 10

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enrique523

• Badgalbriel

• MardinBeksloy

• Raspberries

5 hours ago, Cleanromantic said:

I visited their account and :mazen:, talk about being a lunatic.

People like to make fun of stans but at least we dedicate our time for something we enjoy. 

Spending that much time wallowing in negativity over someone you obsessively hate is more mentally deleterious than stanning could ever be:redface:.

Oh, here's the T. :coffee:

5 minutes ago, Monkey_Juice said:

Good PR but Taylor is nowhere near as iconic as Madonna and MJ who are groundbreaking artists, not just big sellers.

Shania Twain had like 3 hit albums and a mainstream career that lasted like.. 6-7 years at best. Taylor has tripled the hit albums and the duration of her career. :rip: Shania -might- have had a bigger peak but Taylor has had way more longevity, consistency, and more than one peak. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Monkey_Juice said:

You guys just love living in your bubble, don't you? :toofunny3:

1 hour ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Shania Twain had like 3 hit albums and a mainstream career that lasted like.. 6-7 years at best. Taylor has tripled the hit albums and the duration of her career. :rip: Shania -might- have had a bigger peak but Taylor has had way more longevity, consistency, and more than one peak. 

Right? Taylor, especially with all the success she's had since the beginning of the Midnights era, has DEFINITIVELY surpassed Shania Twain at this point. She's also been more versatile musically compared to Shania (whom i love, i'm not shading her).

Edited by Enrique523
  • Like 1

When Taylor Swift adjusts her image up till now or there is a shift in the music, it’s because The US especially young millennials and older Gen Z is also shifting simultaneously. She is pretty much the only artist I can think of that executes this flawlessly. It’s pretty cool. Or maybe it’s just me? Idk 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by selena_lavigne

Y’all need to take a breather and touch grass because this thread is so sad :deadbanana4:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RiseAndShine said:

This is a completely dumb take, only meant to diminish the talent of Madonna and MJ.

Michael wrote most of his hits SOLO. His writing catalogue consists of diverse topics such as love, war, black empowerment, climate change, gang violence. 

Madonna has major writing contributions to her hits as well and has written a couple of solo songs too. She, too, has tackled diverse topics that challenged the status quo, championing women empowerment and advocating for the queer community.

Taylor has not and cannot write a They Don't Care About Us, Like A Prayer, Earth Song, Express Yourself. 

Stop with the nonsense. Madonna and MJ didn't have to rely on sexual appeal, they just happened to have a ton of it, on top of their insane talent.

:clap3: :clap3:

but to the swifities taylor writing about her date who didnt write her back after they went to red lobster is the best and most unique songwriting out there :ahh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

9 hours ago, iknowplaces said:

Y'all Madonna stans have to start accepting and coping. 

Accept what? Coping what? That M is still and alwaus be the best? Yeap we know that. One thing i admire in Taylor is that she trully respect M. We can see that when they performed together, when M performed Living for Love at the Grammys and in this year Grammy awards, she was the ony one aplauding when M  entered the stage. She is a queen in the making.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, brazil said:

but to the swifities taylor writing about her date who didnt write her back after they went to red lobster is the best and most unique songwriting out there :ahh:

And it is :clap3:

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, brazil said:

It’s actually Olive Garden, get it right :clap3: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Monkey_Juice said:

Typical you, always coming for Taylor and Gaga 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

To all OTHs out there: you guys realize that if you can just disregard the countless articles talking about the impact and importance of Taylor and her career, we can then do the same to YOUR faves right? Why are the positive articles written about YOUR faves be considered true in any way when it can just be their PR machine? Because any notion that some pop stars are "legends", "impactful" or a "visionary" is something that is generally popularized by the media, people don't just start seeing them that way out of nowhere.

To take one example: why should i believe any articles or people saying that Britney is an "icon", "legendary", etc... when all of it can just be Britney's PR team and not reality? See how i can easily use your "logic" against you? :toofunny3:

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

To all OTHs out there: you guys realize that if you can just disregard the countless articles talking about the impact and importance of Taylor and her career, we can then do the same to YOUR faves right? Why are the positive articles written about YOUR faves be considered true in any way when it can just be their PR machine? Because any notion that some pop stars are "legends", "impactful" or a "visionary" is something that is generally popularized by the media, people don't just start seeing them that way out of nowhere.

To take one example: why should i believe any articles or people saying that Britney is an "icon", "legendary", etc... when all of it can just be Britney's PR team and not reality? See how i can easily use your "logic" against you? :toofunny3:

Some of us have been employing this strategy for a while now :gaycat4:

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, wanderlust said:

the song is one of the most important in music history, tops a lot of all time lists, the video is seen as one of the best and most important of all time..  it fought police brutality against black people in the freaking 80s! Pepsi fired her for it. this video is very important and was on the news everywhere.

stop being stubborn and childish.

i still dont know that track sis and neither do most of my classmates... give it up

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

9 hours ago, byzantium said:

Is this thread still going?  ATRL has a really hard time coping with reality.  

its mostly a certain fanbase in denial, and Swifties clocking them, of course.

11 hours ago, Chris said:

What's so funny?

your inability to comprehend this thread for a start, and so many more. 

7 hours ago, Monkey_Juice said:

:clap3:

• Thumbs Down 1

the anger :ahh:

you losers need to COPE 

• Like 2

She's destined to surpassed Madonna :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

That one long ass post talking about co-writers as if Madonna and MJ don't have plenty of songs they didn't even write on :skull: Taylor has more solo penned songs than MJ and Madonna combined 

2 hours ago, MardinBeksloy said:

your inability to comprehend this thread for a start, and so many more. 

What wasn't I able to comprehend?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Raspberries said:

That one long ass post talking about co-writers as if Madonna and MJ don't have plenty of songs they didn't even write on :skull: Taylor has more solo penned songs than MJ and Madonna combined 

She produced and made her own synths for the first albums.. and im not even talking about the songwriting for her first few bands, where she also played the drums, guitar, and keyboard.

I don't know about mj, but M is also in full control of everything.. Im not just talking about the ideas, Im talking about the details (such as lighting and shadow when it comes to tours, and all the technical aspects) or every move of the dancers and how a little change affects lighting. everything you see is her choice. this isn't just a woman who writes a song and hires a hit producer and lets directors create the tour, everything has a meaning or refers to something else.. that's why she doesn't do the typical greatest hits tours or what the audience may "want", she tells her own story. it's why she starts months before other singers with concepts of the tour.. 

Edited by wanderlust
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Enrique523 said:

Why are you talking as if swifties already did not disregard those types of articles about other artists? :rip:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.