NYT: T.Swift has reached demand & media saturation not seen since 1980s MJ & Madonna

Feanor

That’s 100% objectively true. The saturation and demand are at peak 20th century crazy-fame levels. But that’s not the whole picture and her stans know it which is why they act the way they do.

• Thanks 3

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enrique523

• Badgalbriel

• MardinBeksloy

• Raspberries

35 minutes ago, Sometimes said:

It's undeniable at this point let's be real. Every time people count her out I laugh, because she comes back stronger than ever and is always three steps ahead. :deadbanana:

a 90s trend indeed

anyone who denies this is not living in reality

1 hour ago, LOTF said:

I am not angry and I don't dislike her because she is offensive. It is because she is the most sanitized and inoffensive that I find her boring and overrated. Know the meaning of words, sweetie 

And yet, someone so ‘boring and overrated’ has got half of this website foaming at the mouth the second she does anything. At a certain point, you have to ask yourself why exactly you continue to fixate on something that you keep describing as boring :cooldown:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Fleahive said:

Adele ate her up at her peak. Next 

She is at her peak currently :priceless:

She is currently bigger than MJ :giraffe:

1 hour ago, Headlock said:

And yet, someone so ‘boring and overrated’ has got half of this website foaming at the mouth the second she does anything. At a certain point, you have to ask yourself why exactly you continue to fixate on something that you keep describing as boring :cooldown:

Right? For a supposedly "uneventful" and "boring" pop star, it's weird how hated she is on here. Even Adele at her peak wasn't as hated back then. And yet they will continue to say she has no "impact" while talking about her ALL THE TIME :rip:

I disagree. There was a time when everyone was talking about Adele.

With Taylor, mostly her PR pieces and fans (and she has a LOT of them, I'll admit).

• Thumbs Down 1

It's true and no matter how hard stans cry about her dancing abilities she is the biggest artist in the universe with what is to be the biggest tour of all time and shows no signs of stopping her dominance any time soon:clap3:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Xtina23 said:

I disagree. There was a time when everyone was talking about Adele.

With Taylor, mostly her PR pieces and fans (and she has a LOT of them, I'll admit).

There is literally NO comparison between the two. Taylor's dominance between music and pop culture is unprecedented and has continued to grow from the already great heights that were already achieved before. 

9 hours ago, Saintlor said:

I mean yeah, but I don't think any musical output she has done has been worthy of the immense praise she gets 

I do think she consistently releases good music though

change your avi please

I would compare her more to the Beatles and not Madonna or Michael Jackson. She is more a songwriter. She doesn't have to be sexualized to sell her music. She is more creative in that sense. The Beatles never took off their clothes. Bruce Springsteen didn't take off his clothes; The Rolling Stones didn't take off their clothes. These legends were all known for their songwriting. The same is true of Taylor.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

It’s something I don’t understand because the quality of her music took a downturn in quality for me after Red (1989 is fine but I think she has better albums). To see her having trouble competing with new girls and streaming darlings in 2017-2019 to now being the streaming force she has become is wild. I really don’t know a single girl that doesn’t listen to her, and even if they say they don’t like her they’ll have a playlist with a song or two of hers in it. I’d understand it more if she all this success was after Folklore, as that’s objectively a great album, but Midnights pushing her to this career peak is unsettling :toofunny3:

Edited by bad guy

I thoroughly enjoy Taylor's music, but I just don't understand the noise. I just don't think her talent puts her in the same category as iconic performers like MJ and Madonna. :michael:

I genuinely agree. She is the greatest artist of our time in that regard. She’s unmatched. 

4 minutes ago, TayGod said:

I would compare her more to the Beatles and not Madonna or Michael Jackson. She is more a songwriter. She doesn't have to be sexualized to sell her music. She is more creative in that sense. The Beatles never took off their clothes. Bruce Springsteen didn't take off his clothes; The Rolling Stones didn't take off their clothes. These legends were all known for their songwriting. The same is true of Taylor.

This is actually a better take. 
I like Taylor but I wouldn’t consider myself a Stan. However, she is probably one of the most respected artists I’ve ever followed. She is just so fascinating to watch grow. It’s crazy how far she has come in the last 20 years. Taylor doesn’t need controversy to be on top. But I do think it has helped her get push in popularity. Kanye drama years ago and scooter drama more recently. 

4 minutes ago, TayGod said:

Don't underestimate Madonna, her innovation and creativity were a major key in her presence and domination throughout the decades.

7 minutes ago, bad guy said:

It’s something I don’t understand because the quality of her music took a downturn in quality for me after Red (1989 is fine but I think she has better albums). To see her having trouble competing with new girls and streaming darlings in 2017-2019 to now being the streaming force she has become is wild. I really don’t know a single girl that doesn’t listen to her, and even if they say they don’t like her they’ll have a playlist with a song or two of hers in it. I’d understand it more if she all this success was after Folklore, as that’s objectively a great album, but Midnights pushing her to this career peak is unsettling :toofunny3:

folklore was for sure the catalyst in her career skyrocketing to this stage though. Midnights and the tour just took things even further.

3 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

Don't underestimate Madonna, her innovation and creativity were a major key in her presence and domination throughout the decades.

folklore was for sure the catalyst in her career skyrocketing to this stage though. Midnights and the tour just took things even further.

While I do agree about your comment with folklore. What makes you think that was a starting point in this surge in popularity? It’s hard to explain lol

8 hours ago, TayGod said:

So full of sh*t — and typical for you lot (completely devoid of any substance and foundation).

The Rolling Stones and Beatles invented the idea of selling music and selling sex together. The very motto went "sex drugs and rock'n roll" for Christ's sake.

The whole schick started with them. Others may have done it before, but it was these two bands that normalized selling sex to the wider public more than any musicians before them. It's precisely why their time is called sexual revolution — and why their music genre was considered lewd and was censored and banned in all kind of places at the time.

Edited by Raiden
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, LostInStereo100 said:

While I do agree about your comment with folklore. What makes you think that was a starting point in this surge in popularity? It’s hard to explain lol

It introduced her to a whole new audience that fell in love with her and eventually with the rest of her discography, she became respected by the GP and industry again after raising some brows with Lover and reputation (although both now are getting their fair justice in recognition). 

The before and after folklore is evident in her career trajectory :michael: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

49 minutes ago, Xtina23 said:

See, the more y’all say this, the more you are proving how out of touch you are with the world :priceless:

Taylor is legitimately everywhere, I can’t remember a time when she was brought up in conversation this frequently, even during the 1989 era. People wearing her merch out and about, talking about her in class, it’s a part of the general zeitgeist to have gone to the Eras Tour or listen to her. Like, we had a class discussion where the professor, who said he didn’t “get the Taylor Swift thing,” which of course is fine, still knew all about what was going on currently with her ‘eras’ and knew multiple people who had gone to her shows. And two people in the class offered to make him playlists, which he listened to :dies:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

34 minutes ago, TayGod said:

Tell me you're a misogynist without telling me you're a misogynist lmao typical swiftie behavior

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.