Chappell Roan - 'The Rise and Fall of a Midwest Princess'

Future Lover

5 minutes ago, DownBoy said:

The album is No. 3 in the Billboard charts :alexz:

Will she hit No. 1 the next week or by the end of September, when all the variants come out?

If Taylor is generous, she probably will. 

• Like 1

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LostInStereo100

• KatyPrismSpirit

• CottageHore

• ahauntingnearu

I read somewhere that if GBG was on this album, it would've been #1 last week

35 minutes ago, Mattyboy said:

I read somewhere that if GBG was on this album, it would've been #1 last week

What's GBG?

• Haha 1

When do you think we're getting the next lead single? :gayalipacat5:As someone who has been loving her for years and played this album to death, I'm DYING for more music.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, V$. said:

shestakingit-writing.gif

I was there today it was so amazing :smitten:

• Like 2

Finally got around to watching her Lallapaloza set :WAP:

• Like 2

Loved the Hot To Go costume being worn for one year later. :jonny: Crazy it's been one year and she's smashing. 

• Like 2

Her team must really be stumped on how to move with this. They can clearly get at least two more hits out of this album. I think the best path forward would be to pull a The Fame Monster later this fall?

• Thumbs Down 1

28 minutes ago, collin said:

Her team must really be stumped on how to move with this. They can clearly get at least two more hits out of this album. I think the best path forward would be to pull a The Fame Monster later this fall?

From the words of Dan in May, it doesn't seem realistic for me that she'll have an album ready by the fall. And Chappell already said CL,B! is a whole new chapter iirc. Methinks they should let Midwest Princess run its course for the rest of the year. Maybe push Hot To Go! and Red Wine Supernova more to make them solid hits. Then launch the second CR2 single after the Christmas freeze in January. GL,B! isn't even close to peaking yet and she can keep the hype going until the new year. If the Grammys show her some love, it could be a good opportunity to launch the new album.

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Like 2

Good Luck is serving Just Dance type of run

I could see it reaching #1 by the end of september

• Like 2

2 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

From the words of Dan in May, it doesn't seem realistic for me that she'll have an album ready by the fall. And Chappell already said CL,B! is a whole new chapter iirc. Methinks they should let Midwest Princess run its course for the rest of the year. Maybe push Hot To Go! and Red Wine Supernova more to make them solid hits. Then launch the second CR2 single after the Christmas freeze in January. GL,B! isn't even close to peaking yet and she can keep the hype going until the new year. If the Grammys show her some love, it could be a good opportunity to launch the new album.

Idk. It kind of seems like it would make the most sense to repackage it as a part of the album atp. To the GP they all belong to the same era, wouldn't you say? Some kind of repackage this fall with Subway and the GLB B-side would be smart for award season.

That being said I'm also here to let her cook up the vision of album 2 as well. We'll see!

• Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, V$. said:

giphy.webp

She's coming but I wonder what she'll perform? GLB? :jonnycat:

i think CR2 for summer 2025 is the move. she's only continuing to grow, and more opportunities are gonna be coming with the VMAs, potential SNL/more talk show spots. depending on how much she's celebrated by the grammys, winter 2024/25 could be even huger for her. and then by spring/summer 2025, when TRAFOAMP/GLB have p much done all they can, she properly starts the new era, with acclaim, success, and industry recognition there to kickstart it :giraffe:

Just now, UnusualBoy said:

im kinda thinking/hoping for MKIK (spoken word intro, chorus + bridge) into GLB :jonny3:

Not surprised about VMAs 

She is the moment honestly. Drop Subway now Chappell! 

She will likely perform GLB and Subway which tells me Subway may get released soon.

MKIK speech before her set and maybe a quick hot to go moment but one can dream lol. 

Either way this will be huge for her! I know VMaS are nothing now compared to 10+ years ago but this is great for her image and vision

This is a fantastic album.  Feels so fresh, but also with that twist of nostalgia that made us all love 2010s pop.  Super Graphic Ultra Modern Girl is EXACTLY what I think a lot of people want from Katy/Kesha/Gaga nowadays.  

Casual, Red Wine Supernova, After Midnight, MKIK, Femininomenon, Hot To Go, Pink Pony Club, Kaleidoscope are all excellent.  

Looking forward to whatever she does next!

Edited by Miles.

3 hours ago, UnusualBoy said:

Hope it's Good Luck Babe, Hot 2 Go & Red Wine 🍷, those are obviously the songs that can be huge & the biggest ones right now 

Blood records hinted at a new exclusive 10K drop variant :loki:

I know I'm probably just being selfish

But this album will have legs and will be multiplatinum in the long run without her doing any major promo. 

She really could/should focus on new material since people are hungry for new material. The songs on this album are literally all like 1-5 years old already. 

GLB is her newest and it's continuing to grow really showing legs, and even that song is like already 8 months old considering how long she's been performing it. 

Sabrina dropped PPP when espresso was really starting to smash, and I don't see why should couldn't either. 

5 minutes ago, LostInStereo100 said:

I know I'm probably just being selfish

But this album will have legs and will be multiplatinum in the long run without her doing any major promo. 

She really could/should focus on new material since people are hungry for new material. The songs on this album are literally all like 1-5 years old already. 

GLB is her newest and it's continuing to grow really showing legs, and even that song is like already 8 months old considering how long she's been performing it. 

Sabrina dropped PPP when espresso was really starting to smash, and I don't see why should couldn't either. 

She already basically has a simultaneous smash with Hot To Go coming for blood rn. She doesn't need anymore single at the moment.

• Like 2

But whatever her and her team decide, I will continue to stan 

:jonny5: 

She is adorable af in person and I love her energy. Been following her since Olivia Rodrigo opening days and when GLB was dropping. Such a bittersweet moment in her career 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.