Chappell Roan - 'The Rise and Fall of a Midwest Princess'

Future Lover

Read & Makeout is so magical, I keep going back to my GLB vinyl just so I can listen to it again :smitten: Might be one of her best.

• Like 1

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LostInStereo100

• KatyPrismSpirit

• CottageHore

• ahauntingnearu

On 8/2/2024 at 11:03 PM, Bamboo said:

I know HTG has been blowing up for a second but it feels so random that it's #1 on playlists now :rip: Glad it is! Hopefully it can go Top 10

I was really worried Casual was going to end up being the song from this album but I'm glad that's not the case. There is just so much more interesting material on the album. I'm glad it seems HTG, Red Wine Supernova, and Pink Pony Club are surpassing it.

Now if the GP hops on My Kink is Karma I will admit they have taste 

My Kink is Karma is brilliant!

59 minutes ago, djcalpal said:

EXPECTED TO HIT NUMBER 1 ON THE UK ALBUM CHART THIS WEEK. 

UK ROANIES WE GOTTA STREAM.

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/chappell-roan-rise-and-fall-of-a-midwest-princess-albums-update-number-1/

have the UK girlies purchased their coke bottle vinyl variant yet?

I have and im not even from the UK

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MusicIsMyMaster said:

have the UK girlies purchased their coke bottle vinyl variant yet?

I have and im not even from the UK

I haven't thinking of getting Pink UO or wait for Peach variant

1 hour ago, CherryBay said:

I haven't thinking of getting Pink UO or wait for Peach variant

Pink UO doesnt exist its sold out everywhere unless you pay double for resellers

If she gets the #1 in UK :jonnycat:

Also GLB is getting so close too.

• Like 1

That would be great for her to get the chart double in the UK. Love her, california has been really hitting me lately. HER VOICE IS GORGEOUS,velvety smooth and buttery or hot coco during cold winter months. 😄🤗🤗🤗

6 hours ago, DammnBaby said:

My Kink is Karma is brilliant!

It's too reminiscent of Taylor. I feel like MKIK doesn't give the GP a good idea of her unique sound. HTG! is the obvious smash waiting to happen. If not that one, then After Midnight is! :suburban: 

17 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

It's too reminiscent of Taylor. 

I laugh when I see people say this... As if she could hit & sustain those notes :bibliahh:

Vibe isn't really that "Taylor" either tbqh

2 hours ago, ahauntingnearu said:

I laugh when I see people say this... As if she could hit & sustain those notes :bibliahh:

Vibe isn't really that "Taylor" either tbqh

Plz I never said Taylor could sing this song half as well as Chappelsus. She couldn't. But you can't deny her phrasing and the melodic structure of the song is very reminiscent of Taylor's pop music. Everyone I've played the song for says it sounds like a song Taylor would sing. Would my friends and family lie? :suburban: 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

Plz I never said Taylor could sing this song half as well as Chappelsus. She couldn't. But you can't deny her phrasing and the melodic structure of the song is very reminiscent of Taylor's pop music. Everyone I've played the song for says it sounds like a song Taylor would sing. Would my friends and family lie? :suburban: 

IDK - I just don't see it. 

(BTW is your name a reference to Mermaidsus?)

29 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

IDK - I just don't see it. 

(BTW is your name a reference to Mermaidsus?)

Babe, who is Mermaidsus?

OT: is HTG! gonna go Top 10 next week in the US? :khalyan:

Just watched her full Lollapalooza set. Immaculate.

She needs to release her masterpiece The Subway ASAP. The next album is gonna kill us dead, I fear. :jonny5:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CottageHore said:

It's too reminiscent of Taylor. I feel like MKIK doesn't give the GP a good idea of her unique sound. HTG! is the obvious smash waiting to happen. If not that one, then After Midnight is! :suburban: 

I disagree. It's a bit similar to Taylor sonically but Taylor's writing style is also inspired largely by Avril Lavigne and Michelle Branch.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

Babe, who is Mermaidsus?

Oop nvm

Y'all can laugh but I could write a thesis on the sonic similarities between Avril's early work and Taylor's.

the Nun outfit getting the conservatives mad :smitten:

Ive seen multiple posts about it on social media about how people are talking about it. Shes is in controversy era which is great publicity for her 

Also Subway audio was removed on Spotify today it's been up there since early June. I wonder if she's dropping it this week?

FOUR songs top 15 US Spotify!? :clap3:

New variant exclusive. Looks like its been removed already. 

• Like 1

The UK coke bottle just arrived and the glitter is cute. Also pre-ordered the red one. Already got the standard black and trying to get the peach one before it's sold out. Wish me luck :jonny5:

• Like 1

There's no new tracks on this new releases? I wish Love Me Anyway would be tackled on these

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.