Chappell Roan - 'The Rise and Fall of a Midwest Princess'

Future Lover

Hello this is my first time in this thread. I gave this album a chance after 5 months of listening to it back before she was blowing up. Now I keep seeing her name everywhere so Ive decided to give it another try. Hearing the songs around town and through friends and via Instagram has helped me digest it better. I love the Lesbian Taylor Swift vibes with a lot more flavor of course.

Favorite songs:

• Femininominon 
  • Red Win Supernova
  • After midnight 
  • Super Graphic Ultra Modern Girl
  • HOT TO GO!
  • Naked In Manhattan 

:clap3:

• Like 5

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LostInStereo100

• KatyPrismSpirit

• CottageHore

• ahauntingnearu

Naked in Manhattan is one of the greatest pop songs of the decade :chick3:

• Like 5

Casual is rising. It's 48 on US Spotify today 

• Like 9

The way casual isn't marked as explicit. I love it!

37 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

Must be because of my impact :clap3:

• Like 1

Finally listened to it last night and... meh. 6/10. When I saw Daniel produced it, I wasn't shocked - it gave high school/first year of college. Hope she continues to work on maturing her lyricism. Slower than I expected but even the faster/dance tracks felt a bit try hard. Femininomenon was a cheesy mess and HOT TO GO! is definitely overrated and not even catchy enough to warrant all that talk I heard about its chorus. Super Graphic Ultra Modern Girl was fun though.

My favorite song was Picture You. Shoutout to Red Wine Supernova and After Midnight.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

51 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

Finally listened to it last night and... meh. 6/10. When I saw Daniel produced it, I wasn't shocked - it gave high school/first year of college. Hope she continues to work on maturing her lyricism. Slower than I expected but even the faster/dance tracks felt a bit try hard. Femininomenon was a cheesy mess and HOT TO GO! is definitely overrated and not even catchy enough to warrant all that talk I heard about its chorus. Super Graphic Ultra Modern Girl was fun though.

My favorite song was Picture You. Shoutout to Red Wine Supernova and After Midnight.

this is how i felt 5 months ago when i checked her out, or whenever the last single push was from the album. but since the hype and hearing the songs randomly online and on twitter. theyve grown on me. I like the lyrics about her home town and being naughty etc. It gives fun and LGBTQ perspective

2 hours ago, FameFatale said:

It's a future classic :clap3:

• Like 1

****ing great album :jonny5:

• Like 1

I wonder how huge all the singles would have been if people would have discovered Chappell earlier :gaycat6: 

a singles rollout in this order would have been so iconic 

1. Pink Pony Club

2. Red Wine Supernova

3. Hot to Go

4. Casual

5. My Kink Is Karma

6. Naked in Manhattan 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blue Monday said:

It's a future classic :clap3:

It's been mega viral with all the presidential debates two weeks ago. People are using this audio romanticizing Trump and Biden :rip: 

Its hilarious but I've seen multiple ones with like 30-50 million views using Casual 

44 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

imagine her swapping all four..... a gay can dream

• Like 2

Just discovered her and I absolutely love Good Luck, Babe but this album isn't doing anything for me. Hopefully, I'll like her next one more, because she has a great voice. 

Amazing album. Red Win Supernova, Pink Pony Club, Super Graphic Ultra Modern Girl, Naked In Manhattan, California, Kaleidoscope are my faves. Not a big fan of Hot To Go like most others but the rest of the album more than makes up for it. Good Luck Babe is such a banger and I'm excited to hear what comes next from her. 

ate yo' ti-tty, oh gee oh :katie2:

you can take me hot to go

Edited by Dragonfly
  • Like 1

After a slight dip she's back reaching new heights :clap3:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

After a slight dip she's back reaching new heights :clap3:

Thank you Seattle and viral live performances :clap3:

She is extremely promo sensitive right now 

Hot to Go #49 on Pop radio :rip: 

the way that was even top ten on US streaming without any promo. It would have easily been a number one and I mean that. 

Casual still mega viral on Tiktok. The second she drops new material it will be massive. GLB is the breakout song so it's going to keep gathering heavy streams for a long time. 

But I know they are in no rush to drop new material it seems. This album will probably be like a mini BTD. 

It will probably chart for many years 

• Like 1

femininomenon going viral cuz Kamala ugghhh Chappell can't stop winning

• Like 6

I've listened to Subway 7,000 times, is it autism? 

I've seriously never been so obsessed with a song it's just so beautifully sung and lyrics are very relatable for many I fear

5 hours ago, goverm3nth0ker said:

femininomenon going viral cuz Kamala ugghhh Chappell can't stop winning

She really can't stop winning. 

casual is mega viral right now too. The Kamala Harris official account posting on tiktok alone has almost 20 million views already in less than 24 hours. Femininomenon is gonna get a nice boost :rip: 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LostInStereo100 said:

I've listened to Subway 7,000 times, is it autism

I've seriously never been so obsessed with a song it's just so beautifully sung and lyrics are very relatable for many I fear

Wut

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If the album stays in the top 10 of the BB200 until the Grammy season starts this fall, she has an AOTY nom on lock

I think it's fate that the album is blowing just at the right time and that she made it into the eligibility period by only 1 week. It's pure luck at this point.

giphy.webp 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Wut

stimming, bb!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.