Chappell Roan - 'The Rise and Fall of a Midwest Princess'

Future Lover

Last year when her album was landing on all these critics year end lists I wondered when she would get commercial attention to match her work's critical reception. I expected it to maybe happen with her next album and this album would remain criminally underrated but to my pleasant surprise this blew up so quickly this year. That is the beauty of this modern streaming era! 

It's such a great sign for her that it isn't just her new single that blew up but people have taken such a general interest in her work, the quality shows. And thank you Dan ***** for recognising her talent and signing her up to the label!

The album is great but half of the album was just old singles we had heard before, so I can't wait to see how a new album would sound like from her. Good Luck Babe is a promising start for sure. Will she stick to her 80s inspired sound or will she try something else?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KatyPrismSpirit

• CottageHore

• motomami

• ahauntingnearu

11 hours ago, Club classic said:

Thank you for posting this!! I'd been wanting the pink one from UO but the resellers are asking for way too much for a copy.

Edited by harmonizeme89
  • Like 1

I think she should tag GLB onto the album and secure that #1 on the BB200 :clap3: 

The Rise And Fall of a Midwest Fame Monster :clap3: 

19 minutes ago, Wonderland said:

I think she should tag GLB onto the album and secure that #1 on the BB200 :clap3: 

It wouldn't make sense. She's been recording her new album the last few months. GLB is the lead single most likely or just a promotional single. Midwest Princess most of those songs are like 2-4 years old. 

• Like 3

The way I grew an obsessesion with her uptempos. She shines so much in them, vocals, lyrics, production, everything is there.

I still need to connect with her ballads tho

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LostInStereo100 said:

It wouldn't make sense. She's been recording her new album the last few months. GLB is the lead single most likely or just a promotional single. Midwest Princess most of those songs are like 2-4 years old. 

She should really release the next album with Good Luck Babe as the lead. Treat Midwest as (a much more successful) her emails i can't send

20 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

The way I grew an obsessesion with her uptempos. She shines so much in them, vocals, lyrics, production, everything is there.

I still need to connect with her ballads tho

I feel like there's just something about Dan's ballads I don't vibe with. I feel the same about a lot of Olivia's ballads too. 

Edited by Bamboo

1 minute ago, Bamboo said:

I feel like there's just something about Dan's ballads I don't vibe with. I feel the same about a lot of Olivia's ballads too. 

I feel the same way too. Like "teenage dream" and "Casual" are great lyrically but they're so...plain?

Chappell and Olivia would kill ballads that are like the last 2 minutes of "Happier Than Ever" 

Coffee is my fav ballad :smitten: 

Guilty Pleasure has slow verses which I'm obsessed with too

Uk's chart this week:

07 39,306 Chappell Roan - Good Luck, Babe!

06 7,219 Chappell Roan - The Rise and Fall of a Midwest Princess

• Like 2

Chappell is the female artist with most songs charting on US Spotify yesterday... She's the moment!:clap3:

Number of songs charting on US Spotify (Top 200) yesterday

Top 3 female artists:

9 Chappell Roan

7 Taylor Swift

6 Billie Eilish 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

So excited for her. 

THAT 11 ******* CURSE 

• Like 1

I've been obsessed with this since I discovered it. 

My Kink is Karma needs its moment on the charts. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Wonderland said:

She's been pretty up front about GLB not being apart of the album, which I think will be good for her in the long run. 

OT: This album blowing up is so cool to see happen, you almost never see it happen like this and reaching these kind of heights. 

Edited by Blue Monday

The fact that After Midnight isn't #1 everywhere is a sin :gaycatina1: truly one of the most catchy bops in years from any pop girl

y'all should not bookmark me but I literally see this album be a dark horse and snatch AOTY at the scammys and I'm so serious... like the storyline is too good to be true. there's really no artist that i can think of that had a surge like this months after the fact with no promo at all. And all the love is so genuine. 

1 hour ago, goverm3nth0ker said:

THAT 11 ******* CURSE 

Good Luck, Babe! is just starting. At this point it's too undeniable for radio to not fully pick it up and give it longevity all throughout the year

Is Hit To Go getting radio play? How is it rising so much faster on the charts :eek: 

It's going to get close to GLB soon on streaming. GLB needs a video NOW! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.