Dua and Billie outstreaming Olivia's lead. Surprised?

katara

So as we know Billie's and Dua's Barbie songs are outstreaming Olivia's brand new sophomore lead single which arrived but seems to be non event already thanks to it being a dull and safe song:

# TRACK
    Peak
Prev
  Streak
  Streams    

2 6 18 4,892,047    

5 8 66 4,291,591    

1 16 31 3,952,514

Why is this happening? :lakitu:

When Sour was smashing many of yall said that Olivia was gonna replace both :lakitu:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 6

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• katara

• KillingYourCareer

• FolkLover1989

• ugo

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they are songs in a hit movie, but even if they weren't, I think they would still outstream vampire. 

Edited by Gladiator

Dance The Night is the definition of “dull and safe” lol

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Well to be fair, Barbie is like an anomaly when it comes to soundtrack songs. It’s one of the most succesful movies of the decade so far. Olivia’s lead is holding up on its own allthough I don’t think its the MEGA smash people expected it to be.

• Like 2

Unless she can quickly right the ship ahead of the GUTS release, Olivia appears to be a one era wonder

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

Sometimes I wonder if I would like “Dance the Night” more if Future Nostalgia had never happened. It’s hard for me to connect with it because it just feels like a bland watered down version of what we’ve heard Dua is capable of.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Sometimes I wonder if I would like “Dance the Night” more if Future Nostalgia had never happened. It’s hard for me to connect with it because it just feels like a bland watered down version of what we’ve heard Dua is capable of.

You’ll love DL3 sis dont worry

Just now, Love Again said:

You’ll love DL3 sis dont worry

No doubt in my mind about that :gayalipacat3:

The Barbie movie is going to gross over 1 billion as soon as this week. That’s much more promo and exposure than Vampire got :deadbanana4:

vampire’s performance should only be compared to the DL3 and BE3 leads 

• Like 6

The GP said no to hayley Williams’d watered down repetitive songs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Barbarella effect

Even Margot Robbie ended up with a smash movie lol

But Dua's song is very mid. Billie outtalented both

Edited by Shimenawa

12 minutes ago, Draper. said:

Dance The Night is the definition of “dull and safe” lol

Please. Everyone wanted Dua to drop disco but now it's safe? :ahh: Olivia delivered a song that sounds like an outtake from Sour and it's okay? :ahh: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

Unless she can quickly right the ship ahead of the GUTS release, Olivia appears to be a one era wonder

spacer.png

Guts has already sold over 100k units…

Billie song atleast did it on its own

Dua song just like always pushed for months to get these numbers. Wasn't it already very high on radio without many streams lol

Olivia is organic legend and so is Billie :giraffe:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

i'm tired of stans' inflated expectations for lead singles, like... maybe let the ERA roll out before talking?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ugo said:

ummm these songs are in the biggest movie of the decade :rip:

Plus all 3 songs were heavily pushed in one of the biggest and most viral marketing of this decade

Even Charli is getting a Hot 100 entry after long time thanks to Barbie. They really trying hard to demean Olivia 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ugo said:

Girl pls Avatar 2 was released not even a year ago and that had a The Weeknd song as lead which bombed. Clearly Dua's and Billie's songs are just clicking with the GP.

• Like 4

I don't think it's really a fair comparison because the Barbie movie is so huge.

But yeah, I did expect Vampire to do much better.

28 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

Please. Everyone wanted Dua to drop disco but now it's safe? :ahh: Olivia delivered a song that sounds like an outtake from Sour and it's okay? :ahh: 

You kinda spilled 

The movie scene with Dua Lipa song is fantastic. I don't like too much the scene with Billie song (one of the few solutions i didn't like in the movie) bur certainly is a strong and very liked scene.

It's a case of perfect artists for the perfect audience and movie (not Gaga in that airplanes movie for the trump supporters) and also the songs are used very well in scenes are already cult. 

Honestly i like both of them. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Haha 1

Crazy that Billie is out streaming with a BALLAD that was barely played in the movie while Drivers License 2.0 is struggling to stay top 10 on billboard. 

36 minutes ago, ugo said:

I didn’t know those songs were featured on Avatar The Way of Water

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.