Did Margot Robbie surpass JLaw as the most iconic actress of her generation?

My Tears Ricochet

Both actresses debuted around the same time. Jlaw had a meteoric rise to superstardom, while Margot, slowly yet steadily established herself as a Hollywood A Lister.

Both has their own share of iconic roles. Jlaw has Katniss and Mystique, while Margot has Harley Quinn and Barbie

Until Passengers(2016), it looked like Jlaw was indisputably the biggest actress/actor of her generation with a string of box office hits and America's sweetheart shtick going on. But flashforward to 2023, her hollywood career isn't looking very bright , while Margot is bigger than ever.

So is it safe to assume Margot Robbie left behind Jlaw being the Most Iconic Actress of her generation? Discuss:gaycat:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raptus

• MingYouToo

• Welovetrouble

• newaespa

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

if Margot gets an Oscar for Barbie, it will be over for JLaw, I fear :chick3:

JLaw still feels bigger as a celebrity, even though Margot’s Harley Quinn may now be more recognizable than Katniss.

I’d bet Margot ends up being the definitive actress of this generation just because she’s so dedicated to her craft and wants it more than anyone.

Despite Jlaw’s string of flops and tainted legacy from the Weinstein association, she still felt bigger.

Margot is incredibly talented but she’s not much of a celebrity. Not a strong personality. Very vanilla, no drama. Sometimes a little controlled controversy can ascend a career.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Eternium said:

JLaw still feels bigger as a celebrity, even though Margot’s Harley Quinn may now be more recognizable than Katniss.

I’d bet Margot ends up being the definitive actress of this generation just because she’s so dedicated to her craft and wants it more than anyone.

This. 

She's probably the one that works the hardest among her 2010s A-list peers. JLaw took a break because she reached the top and didn't really want it anymore. Margot will probably do any billion dollar IP if the story is good enough and she's paid enough to act/produce in it.

Its Margot Robbie's Barbie. To be honest that alone warrants a claim that she may be bigger than JLaw but that's just me :fan:

The difference is that Jennifer was in very big franchises early on so she became adored by movie watchers. Margot also took iconic roles that were iconic in a very different way. Idk what future projects Jennifer has in hand but it does seem like she became famous very quickly, so it seems she's tired herself down from being in the public eye quick, too, so I wouldn't be suprised if she chooses to book less jobs and just be a mother. 

Margot is getting Jennifer Lawrence levels of fame soon and Harley Quinn and Barbie have helped cement that. (but I wouldn't say she's on Jen's level yet)

How do I say this… What Margot does has class to it… I’ll say that…

8wV5L1NpSe2Q_Oxt9PxkLzRCN64FJ7OmjJWg85RU

• Like 4

Jennifer Lawrence got four acting Oscar nominations in six years. 

JLaw was Hollywood’s last true megastar. If Margot can lead a drama like Joy or a thriller like Red Sparrow to $150 million at the box office we can talk. 

• Like 6

They’re even. J law is so good I kinda forgot cuz she’s so annoying but when it’s time to ACT :jonny5: Margot is too though idk

JLaw is not even iconic LMAO, please be FOR REAL

her wins are all due to Harvey

she is just lucky to have him, her talent is basically non-existent, but her personality existed for being a horrible person

• Thumbs Down 9

27 minutes ago, PatrickGray.12 said:

Jennifer Lawrence got four acting Oscar nominations in six years. 

Thank you Harvey Weinstein!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

no

i mean, it's not like emma is considered at the top b/c beauty and the beast flew past a billion

Edited by fridayteenage

Margot Robbie literally had like 4 or 5 flop movies before the barbie movie let’s not get ahead of ourselves. 

22 minutes ago, newaespa said:

Thank you Harvey Weinstein!

Umm this is not a gag because Oscar noms are due to the backing of people behind the scenes,I'm pretty sure Margot's noms weren't organic either

4 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

Margot Robbie literally had like 4 or 5 flop movies before the barbie movie let’s not get ahead of ourselves. 

Talented gal but she isn't a household name like Jennifer was and honestly still is

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

JLaw was Hollywood’s last true megastar. If Margot can lead a drama like Joy or a thriller like Red Sparrow to $150 million at the box office we can talk. 

And what makes you think Margot couldn't do it? :biblio:

Not a farfetched idea that could eventually happen, but when Margot achieves her Mother! (talent-wise), we can actually start this conversation. 

11 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

All her last movies flopping?

Both JLaw and Margot are the best actors of their generation and I stan both. :heart2: Other girlies can't compete.

It's been a decade and we're still comparing every new it actress to Lawrence. That tells you everything you need to know. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Amsterdam Budget - 80mil / Box Office - 30mil

Babylon Budget - 110mil / Box Office - 60mil

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.