Are You Still Interested In The Marvel Cinematic Universe?

GraceRandolph

Poll  

123 members have voted

1. 1. MCU?

• Yes! I am still interested in watching every movie and TV show
    • I’m interested in the MCU occasionally
    • I rarely am interested in the MCU
    • I’m completely done with the MCU

Are you still interested in the MCU?

Edited by GraceRandolph

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• halcyonday

• Psylocke

• Odette Violet

Until they introduce The X-Men, no.

• Like 1

I have BEEN done with it :pukey:

Movies: I haven't watched the new GOTG or Ant-man, even Thor 3 I just watched it when I was on a plane :deadbanana2: , the last major movie I was excited for and actually went to the theatres for was Spiderman NWH.

TV Shows: I wanted to catch up on all the shows in release order since I watched WandaVision, TFATWS, Loki S1,  and What If...?, but i stopped watching after like the first episode of Hawkeye, but I'm excited for Loki S2

I jumped ship after Falcon & the Winter Soldier. Not only did the quality of the franchise decline, it also became impossible to keep up with all the projects coming out.

I did watch No Way Home at the cinema, but I couldn't tell how it went. Overrated ass movie.

Edited by Virgos Groove

I haven't watched the last like five shows and couldn't finish Ant-Man 3 :monkey: I need to see the X-Men first before I completely drop it though.

1 minute ago, Rebel Lion said:

The DCEU ended her with The Batman I fear.

giphy.gif

The Batman isn’t in the DCEU, it’s DC Elseworlds, but yeah it was QUALITY. 

Even though I have Disney+, I'm so behind and at this point, I don't even know if it's worth it to catch up cause there's SO much content. :rip:

Stuff I haven't watched (since Endgame):

Loki

Hawkeye

Black Widow

Ant Man 3

What If (I guess this isn't cannon so maybe it doesn't really matter) 

She Hulk 

Ms Marvel 

Moon Night 

Secret Invasion 

Guardians Holiday special 

Now that I've listed it out, I guess I'm caught up on most of the flims. But still, do I want to dedicate so much time to watching all these episodes?

No, I'm not an incel.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, sciencemagic said:

Even though I have Disney+, I'm so behind and at this point, I don't even know if it's worth it to catch up cause there's SO much content. :rip:

Stuff I haven't watched (since Endgame):

Loki

Hawkeye

Black Widow

Ant Man 3

What If (I guess this isn't cannon so maybe it doesn't really matter) 

She Hulk 

Ms Marvel 

Moon Night 

Secret Invasion 

Guardians Holiday special 

Now that I've listed it out, I guess I'm caught up on most of the flims. But still, do I want to dedicate so much time to watching all these episodes?

Yeah, they should just do a soft reboot and start a new timeline with a few major characters because that’s way too much JESUS. :skull:

Yes. Deadpool 3 is gonna be another event film, and people gonna behave the same way that Guardians 3 did when it came out after Ant man:gaycat:

also they have way too much content during the pandemic end era. 9 projects last year alone and 6 this year💀 and I’m a Stan that watches everything… so you know the average person ain’t keeping up unless it’s a Named Avenger. 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

I check in on the odd project. Tried to watch Moon Knight but I got confused. Not sure what the last project I watched was. The last Dr Strange? Love Elizabeth Olsen so will show up for her. 

Passed on Thor / Guardians of the Galaxy / Ant Man. Generic af

Thor was mid, Guardians was above average, Antman 3 was mid.

Dr Strange ATMOM was actually pretty good. I loved Shang Chi and I can't wait for the second one.

14 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

I jumped ship after Falcon & the Winter Soldier. Not only did the quality of the franchise decline, it also became impossible to keep up with all the projects coming out.

I did watch No Way Home at the cinema, but I couldn't tell how it went. Overrated ass movie.

I quit at Civil War. A horrid movie.

• Like 1

I’m not watching all those shows to follow their storyline. :gaycat:

Low key I'm already an "old school" MCU stan because my favorite movies are between Iron Man 1 and Age of Ultron. 

I don't care for the TV shows and I am not interested in X-men.

I like to see them in intimate one off movies in New York City. The whole "We have to save the entire galaxy" concept doesn't work for me  :michael:

It’s odd that there’s no option for I was never interested in the MCU :rip:

I hope it dies, I’ve been waiting over a decade for superhero fatigue to set in among moviegoers and it seems it (hopefully) finally is

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

22 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

No, I'm not an incel.

Nobody hates Marvel more than incels these days tho

yLBJfPh.gif

OT: I'm done with it

Noup, and neither the rest of the population. Nobody gives a damn about boring and terribly made interconnected universes. 

People are caring more and more about real stories again. That's why only Spiderman is still mega popular. 

The MCU peaked with Endgame. 

Edited by Blade Runner

Maybe more Guardians of the Galaxy because I like sci-fi (even though I haven't seen the films, I think I would like them. And it feels like blockbuster sci-fi films are a thing of the past which sucks)

The random try-hards in the comments ... like, why participate in a thread regarding a franchise you never watched or cared about :beatfreak:

OT: I was completely invested in the first era of the MCU for sentimental reasons, and I found a genuine appreciation for comic book films; I watched a majority, if not all, of the Infinity Saga and own a significant amount of steelbooks for those films as well.

But I'll admit I'm less invested in the franchise as they enter the 'Multiverse' Saga; the characters/actors aren't as enjoyable, and the franchise has become too oversaturated. There's still hope for the MCU with a reintroduction of the X-Men and more likable actors. With the Kang/Jonathan Majors fiasco and overall superhero fatigue, Fiege should hold off on greenlighting any more films and just let the franchise take a break.

• Like 3

I'm waiting on them to reintroduce the Xmen. It better be a huge entrance and they better pull all the stops for that movie. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.