Worst Oscar acting wins of all time?

Stepfon

22 hours ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Chastain is a great actress and deserved an Oscar sometime in her career. 
But THIS winning Best Actress and Best Makeup is a little atrocious. Those prosthetics were outdated when the movie came out 

spacer.png

But that's how Tammy ACTUALLY looked. :rip:

She had makeup tattooed on her face and then the makeup she also applied on her face.

tammy-faye-jessica-chastain.jpg?w=790&f=

Edited by Stepfon

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• teresaguidice

• GraceRandolph

• Bears01

Gwyneth is actually very charismatic in Shakespeare in live. Thats such a lightheart movie. 

So i dont mind her win at all.

Sandra take this one, i love her so much and think she should win for The Proposal or one of her comedy, she is excellent in those movie or Gravity or even Birdbox. The Blind Side role is so forgettable.

On 7/29/2023 at 6:51 PM, teresaguidice said:

elizabeth actually deserved the second win for who's afraid of virginia woolfe tbh. she was never not on screen and fully tore the entire time, and it was a pretty daring performance for her. 

She was off screen 40 percent of the film, per screentimecentral. Fourteen percent less screentime than burton

Edited by fridayteenage

7 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

She was off screen 40 percent of the film, per screentimecentral. Fourteen percent less screentime than burton

i guess her performance was so magnetic i forgot :keir:

40% does not seem correct though. there's only 4 characters in the film and two locations. she's only away from the action when she drives off with the young neighbor from the bar to go f*ck and leaves richard burton to walk. 

Gwynethé Paltrow and her Harvey win for Shakespeare in Love is easily the most ridiculous win in Oscar history.

Emma Stone always comes up

she in no way was better than Isabelle Huppert

• Like 1

what i have always hated about da academy is they always playing catch up and giving Oscars because da winners didn't get it when they deserved it years ago

Julianne Moore should've won for Far From Heaven

On 7/30/2023 at 5:52 PM, Mystic Boy said:

Reese Witherspoon in whatever movie that was....She's too one dimensional :rip:

she robbed Felicity Huffman dat year 

JLaw in Silver Linings. Not even worth a nomination.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.