Tweet questioning why Katy disappeared from music industry goes viral

naval23

13 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

She didn't. :rip: She released a bunch of singles and a whole album after the 2017 debacle. They just got shipped back.

Now why did you do Katy like this?

:dies:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• supaspaz

• naval23

• halcyonday

13 hours ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

these tweets are so funny cause they always have hundreds of likes and yet not a single one of them will buy her next album :deadbanana4:

Ruthless.

:deadbanana2:

13 hours ago, toxicLambBot said:

Not even good for a throwback smh 

Lies!! Waking Up In Vegas, The One That Got Away, Bon Apetit etc etc still get me together

She needs to call up Bonnie McKee and slay us to hell again. 

6 hours ago, Love4Janet said:

And yet her lifetime Hot 100 points stomp all over Beyonce. If Katy is a flop, what does that make the lesser one? 

Yeah, of course the Hot 100 points are enough to make a whole ass career right ? :toofunny3:

Edited by Mystic Boy
  • Haha 1

Lol she’s still one of the biggest artists in the industry rn. Her streaming numbers continue to rival many of her contemporaries. 

9 hours ago, Love4Janet said:

And yet her lifetime Hot 100 points stomp all over Beyonce. If Katy is a flop, what does that make the lesser one? 

I know this is bait but I’ll bite anyway :jonnycat:

The “lesser” one is filling stadiums (with ridiculously expensive ticket prices mind you) while the other struggles to sell out a single Vegas theater. if you want to bring in Hot 100 points, the “lesser” one has multiple solo hits in the Biden administration while the other hasn’t seen the top 10 in over half a decade - two presidents ago. the “lesser” one of them can snag a #1 album with no music videos, have every song chart, outdo the other’s first-week sales on a nearly 7:1 scale (332k vs 50k, also more than any other of Katy’s first week sales), and have said album chart for more than a month. 

we could bring in more subjective areas like reviews, year end lists, and awards, but the numbers alone say enough. 

play with your p*ssy, don’t play with me :giraffe:

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

On 7/26/2023 at 10:33 PM, Gaia said:

Shes not even trying to have a music career at this point. I wonder if Witness really did just kill her drive in music

I've told this to @umich a bunch of times, but it's all because Uncle underperformed. :'(

• Haha 1

I'm CACKLING at the throwback comments in this thread though. Some of the lambs really got wounded by a throwaway comment. :toofunny3:

• Like 1

Stream her new lead single coming Summer 2023 :heart2:

problem with Katy is that she was too dependent of DR LUKE until freekeshamovement started + the taylor swift feud

• Thanks 1

I still think she could have a huge hit again, but maybe not a full on successful era, but streaming has changed the game a lot. I don't think public interest is so tied to momentum anymore. 

She has the looks and her voice is made for that sweet spot of pop music. It'll be up to her and her team, and of course finding the right time, which is also sometimes tied to luck.

Edited by TheLastChord

On 7/26/2023 at 8:24 AM, Jaded. said:

This is some gaslighting BS. She’s released 2 albums in the last 6 years and the GP/critics alike were RUTHLESS to her both eras in a manner that went way beyond “I don’t like her new album”. They attacked her on all fronts and called her a fad, washed up, over, etc all types of terrible, dare I say sexist things. That GP that is asking “why did she disappear from music” when they are the ones who probably has her terrified to release another new album.

The viciousness towards her was to the point I think she is kinda owed an apology.

She was extremely insufferable for years, she did not deserve the level of success she had.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

She flopped bc she was a general public artist, not a fanbase driven one. As soon as the people stopped liking her music, she was gone by default, bc there wasn't many people left to hold her back. Katy was dumb to not capitalize on growing a loyal base

On top of that she also stopped working with her then main producer, and seems like her formula didn't worked as well with other teams.

2 hours ago, collin said:

She was extremely insufferable for years, she did not deserve the level of success she had.

She worked hard for it. She deserved every $ and every achievement she worked for. 

bebe-rexha.jpg

I wonder if Katy having no controversy has been to her detriment. :katie:

• Thumbs Down 1

On 7/26/2023 at 11:06 PM, Mornings said:

Ummm not working with Dr Luke, her baby, changing her look drastically, being weird and preachy with Witness. No one wants to hear critiques on society from rich white out of touch celebrities

All of this. She did a 180 on her ENTIRE schtick and chose possibly the most unflattering hair cut/colour of all time and then kind of tried to make it seem like a sociopolitical statement? Not surprising no one checked for her when she was literally unrecognisable :michael:

On 7/26/2023 at 6:22 AM, truthteller said:

karma works in many ways i fear

I- 

what is DIS, honey?

On 7/26/2023 at 8:55 AM, getBusy said:

Honestly her face in that picture looks like she wants to leave but they won't let her

She wants to leave, but her bills won’t let her 

On 7/26/2023 at 8:22 PM, truthteller said:

karma works in many ways i fear

• Confused 1

Totally agree that Katy Perry is owed a comeback (and a public apology from the GP + press).

I just don’t get why she wouldn’t call up the team from Teenage Dream (minus Dr. Luke) because they did some great work together. 

6 hours ago, loveisdead9582 said:

I just don’t get why she wouldn’t call up the team from Teenage Dream (minus Dr. Luke) because they did some great work together. 

Well she did that and worked with Max Martin, Shellback, Sia and Stargate but still flopped :skull:

I guess Luke and Bonnie were the ones to bring the magic

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.