• COADF
    • Midnights
  2. 2. Better album?

• COADF
    • Midnights
  3. 3. Better MVs?

• COADF
    • Midnights

As much as i adore Taylor, i have to go with Madonna for everything, especially when it comes to album quality. Midnights is a great album but COADF is a pop masterpiece and one of the best comebacks of all time.

• Like 1

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevyy

• HappierJealousy

• Chris

• Blackout2006

Taylor Swift is global. :heart:

Confessions is probably her most overrated album. Outside of the singles and the gapless track list gimmick it is nothing special. It was definitely the bigger album though, Hung Up and Sorry were both enormous 

• Like 1

if any of you were alive in 2005 you wouldn't even be questioning this.  Confessions was an extraordinary release and a massive, critically acclaimed comeback at a time when pop music, especially disco, was at an all-time low.  It was left field.  It was the opposite of trend-chasing.  Midnights is just a basic filler pop album.  I mean really....Hung Up/Get Together/Sorry is one of the best 1-2-3 punches in MPG album history.  You think Anti-Hero/Lavender Haze/Karma can even get close to that? :laugh:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

No like fr... Hung Up was absolute collapse. Everyone were singing "time goes by... so slowly..." 

everything about that era was so cool

• Like 1

Hung Up also became the longest running #1 video on TRL, beating out Mariah, at age 47.  Remember that...ATRL? 

Anti-Hero was huge, but Hung Up was just a different beast, especially within the gay community.  You couldn't escape it.  Every single gay bar in the world was blasting it non-stop for months. 

Midnights is bigger and better, but COADF had the better videos. 

I know this is a super unpopular opinion here on ATRL, but COADF is Madonna’s most overrated album. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, spree said:

Hung Up also became the longest running #1 video on TRL, beating out Mariah, at age 47.  Remember that...ATRL? 

Anti-Hero was huge, but Hung Up was just a different beast, especially within the gay community.  You couldn't escape it.  Every single gay bar in the world was blasting it non-stop for months. 

Even if Hung Up is bigger than AH, the album itself is not bigger than Midnights.

On 8/1/2023 at 7:24 AM, vuelve88 said:

So what does the 5 million selling Hung Up earning a Guinness World Record for topping the most charts globally (41 countries) mean? 

vuelve88

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2023 at 8:54 AM, vuelve88 said:

Yes Madonna is a local act nobody knows her outside US. :rip:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Midnights as era is bigger. Yes hung up is bigger hit but album consumption is what matters most. It was big both in 2022 and 2023. Confessions wasn't big in 2006 ifpi charts

People using pure sales in 2023 to degrade Taylor? When she is backed by biggest tour of all time to go with midnights sucess. Midnights which opened with biggest numbers for female album in their beloved europe as well?  It is on way to be one of her 20 million sellers by 2025 end. Will end year with 13.5 million units. So midnights as era and album is bigger. And no streaming is no less than pure sales in modern era. Come to 2023. Thanks

On 7/26/2023 at 2:44 PM, Axelios said:

Midnights is bigger and better.

COADF is too safe as an album for Madonna at that stage of her career.

Midnights is one of the safest albums in history to be honest :rip:

OT: COADF for all. 

Midnights. . Ifpi two year dominance and bigger year end position, overall sps it is bigger. Not to mention taylor's cultural impact this era in real world. I believe in stats than heart feelings. Yes hungup was bigger than anti hero but midnights is bigger album. 

I'm probably the only one who feels like COADF is super overrated. Hung Up was great, and the gapless album is a brilliant idea, but most of the tracks are just second and third-tier Hung Up. That's just me I guess.

While Midnights have boring songs too, I love the idea behind it and the chill vibe it has. To each their own I guess.

I do think Midnights is also bigger but that's likely because I have never followed Madonna and never really felt the magnitude of COADF outside Hung Up.

Midnights is bigger and better.

Midnights might have good sales but it is a basic boring pop record. Confessions was way better and bigger. Please

Midnights is of course bigger, it's 6x Platinum in less than a year. 

Confessions is much better, though 

2 minutes ago, Maxxie said:

Midnights might have good sales but it is a basic boring pop record. Confessions was way better and bigger. Please

Confessions is much better

It's not bigger. 

47 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Confessions is much better

It's not bigger. 

In terms of impact Confessions is bigger. Midnights has bigger sales sure but will it be a classic album remembered in 20 years?

1 minute ago, Maxxie said:

In terms of impact Confessions is bigger. Midnights has bigger sales sure but will it be a classic album remembered in 20 years?

Maybe. Maybe not. See you in 20 years for the answer. So far, longevity has always been on Taylor's side though. 

• Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.