How would you handle a flop?

orange22

You’re a new(ish) artist, you’re flopping, and it’s bad for you. Why? How would you fix it?

spacer.png

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• orange22

• Alldeezy

• Freakshowvato

• byzantium

Top Posters In This Topic

Fight to keep releasing music regardless of the floppage. Get mixtapes, EPs released and on streaming so that even if the GP aren't checking for my singles, I can still build a small fanbase. Also try and book any opportunity to perform and get my name out there.

I truly believe one of the biggest mistakes someone can make after a flop single is radio silence and then waiting months to a year to release a follow up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Time to go to Grammys BRP committee or TTH HQ and suck some dicks...

• Haha 3

TTH residency + radio payola.

K bye for now, Sunshine. <3

- Keep releasing songs with minimal promo/$$ and hope one takes off on TikTok

- Have my label organize some DJ songs I can sing on, or some collabs I can jump on with another label mate.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cockatoo said:

Fight to keep releasing music regardless of the floppage. Get mixtapes, EPs released and on streaming so that even if the GP aren't checking for my singles, I can still build a small fanbase. Also try and book any opportunity to perform and get my name out there.

I truly believe one of the biggest mistakes someone can make after a flop single is radio silence and then waiting months to a year to release a follow up.

Ok work ethic! :clap3:

4 minutes ago, magazine said:

I'd blame it on logistics!

Me too :clap3:

1 minute ago, Freakshowvato said:

As a new artist that's tough... Id do radio interviews and push one really generic song

Get the GP :clap3:

1 minute ago, Miss Americana said:

Time to go to Grammys BRP committee or TTH HQ and suck some dicks...

Throwing cat :clap3:yup!

Begin my Candace Owens era, tap into that Morgan Wallen, Luke Combs fanbase, MAGA :gaycat1:

• Haha 3

I’d have a coke fueled Twitter meltdown and pivot to pander to boomer republicans and show-tune gays both of whom who are much less fickle and disloyal than 20-something pop gays

• Like 1

Stay true to my brand, work on myself and do side projects, and create a stronger album with great label push.

• Like 2

I would simply kill myself

• Thumbs Down 2

pretend the flop never happened

release a new single that's more generic and GP friendly. TTH residency. radio deal. remixes.

wouldn’t care. it happens 

28 minutes ago, cockatoo said:

Agreed, however, I feel like that’s hard to do with a major label if they’re blocking you from releasing. But I agree overall that the disappearing for months on end after hurts more.

Beef with Azalea Banks, get into a PR relationship with Shawn Mendes and leak my nudes intentionally 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, CristianGarcia said:

Beef with Azalea Banks, get into a PR relationship with Shawn Mendes and leak my nudes intentionally 

spacer.png

A plan :clap3:spacer.png

26 minutes ago, mystery said:

Upsetting. But I won’t give up. My career was built on failures and not following the mold. I won’t stop. I never have and never will. I still believe in this album. And I still will push. No matter what.

Giving Bebe Rexha

release a new lead single with some 1 from my label as the new lead single that still keeps on track sonically with the songs already recorded 4 the album 🤭

To flop you need to perform well prior so presumably you have a name and some brand already out there.  I would work on solidifying my brand and make sure to keep releasing music.  

I really respect what Ariana did with Focus and Dangerous Woman.  I think other artists should give themselves the space to course correct.  I wish Taylor had done that with ME!  

I wouldn't care. I'd just enjoy making music for the small amount of fans I have.

All the artist I stan Are Flops in fact yes im the only stan for those artist even on this forum and those boys are so thankful everyday they enjoy making music sometimes maybe a song will suddenly become a hit.  But honestly being a musican is not about being top of the charts it's about the Arts and I guess atrl find it hard to understand.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.