• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• Poxy

• ALA

• sunbathinganimal

ok so how bad is this actually? i saw the trailer and thought it looked fun. i don't really get the criticism that 'the dialogue is corny', like... have you seen Iron Man movies? or 90% of all superhero films tbh, most of them are corny asf. 

so for people who have seen this, is this really that bad or is it just straight boys hating on it because it has women? 

2 hours ago, John Slayne said:

ok so how bad is this actually? i saw the trailer and thought it looked fun. i don't really get the criticism that 'the dialogue is corny', like... have you seen Iron Man movies? or 90% of all superhero films tbh, most of them are corny asf. 

so for people who have seen this, is this really that bad or is it just straight boys hating on it because it has women? 

The dialogue is like so literal. Like the characters don’t talk normally, they are explaining everything with exposition dumps…. It’s pretty bad. And I’m a hardcore Comicbook movie fan, but this is not good😭 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

4 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

The dialogue is like so literal. Like the characters don’t talk normally, they are explaining everything with exposition dumps…. It’s pretty bad. And I’m a hardcore Comicbook movie fan, but this is not good😭 

yea I've been reading more reviews and decided not to spend money on this and watch Zone of Interest instead. i've not been interested in superhero films since the pandemic really, i guess that era is truly over. i had hopes for this movie to be inoffensive and fun.

This was so bland :rip: 

on par with the bottom of the barrel marvel movies like ant man and captain marvel :rip:

• Confused 1

This was so K hole coded

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, stupidjock said:

is it worth it to see it in the cinema just for the kiiis?

It’s a waste of money. But I can’t lie I was laughing a lot at it… because of how tragic it truly was

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

I must admit this is great marketing because given how awful everyone said it is had to go watch it myself just to see how awful it was…

it was indeed AWFUL :skull: 

this film makes Birds of Prey look like cinematic masterpiece :ahh: 

Edited by Pink Ranger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I finally watched this today on discount Tuesday. The movie started out okay, I didn't get the backlash for it. The second act was when everything fell apart. Tbh, I wanted to watch this movie bc of Dakota Johnson... turns out she was the worst part of it. Her line delivery, her wooden acting, her lack of emotion... everything was wrong. The last "fight" sequence... omg... the camera was shaking so much to disguise how bad it was. It honestly was giving CW low budget superhero show. It definitely has no replay value imo. 

• Like 3

On 2/18/2024 at 3:47 PM, Pink Ranger said:

I must admit this is great marketing because given how awful everyone said it is had to go watch it myself just to see how awful it was…

it was indeed AWFUL :skull: 

this film makes Birds of Prey look like cinematic masterpiece :ahh: 

wum? Birds of Prey is good 

On 2/17/2024 at 5:55 AM, John Slayne said:

I saw a tiktok of someone saying "the dialogue is like things that are normally said in our heads are actually said out loud" and that's exactly how it is. 

42 minutes ago, shinyshimmery said:

I saw a tiktok of someone saying "the dialogue is like things that are normally said in our heads are actually said out loud" and that's exactly how it is. 

that actually makes it sound surreal and intriguing 

1 hour ago, shinyshimmery said:

wum? Birds of Prey is good 

BOP was not good I’m afraid :skull: didn’t even stick to the comics and the acting (sans Margot and Black Canary) was just awful

• Confused 1

Honestly it is far from being that bad. I find it def more enjoyable than Morbius or any Venom features (which were bland, ugly and dumb).

I liked the cast, I tought that they got the right angle with a very "grounded" story (i.e. not saving the world), shot on location (sorry for Atlanta Spidey).

NOW 

1. Dakota was funny I found, but as soon as she is Madame Webb, she lit gave no ****. Losing sight, losing interest for her I guess.

2. Not sure I get how they are supposed to become Spiders girls. Like will they be bite by the spider in the future? Thought it was odd to finish like this.

3. Finally a movie under 2 hours. Let's keep in mind that X-Men was 1 h 45 mn and worked perfectly to launch a franchise

5. Tahar is truly the biggest weakness. He's awful and the fact they had to re-record his lines with that weird accent and lack of sync with images is def very odd.

4. Movie is CAMP willingly. I find odd that people or reviewers don't get that. It's voluntarily funny but not in a Thor way.

NOW (BIS)

MW and The Marvels, while not great, were def 100% than... let's say 3/4 of Thor franchise or the last Aquaman. Did these movies get huge backlash? No. They were deemed bad by reviewers but there was not this kind of very viral obsession on it. I found it odd that both were female centric movies and they bomb. (yes I know Morbius bomb too).

• Like 2

it just snatched the record (for now) for worst marvel metascore.

26 madame web 

27 fantastic four (2015)

28 howard the duck

didn't quite snatch every dc film quite yet.

24 superman 4

27 catwoman

28 steel/batman and robin

This movie is so bad omg :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

Ok i just watched this and it wasnt that bad???
Britney Spears What GIF
It wasn't groundbreaking and towards the end it was A MESS, but it was also fun, and also the Beyonce cameo 🤣🤣
IMG-3162.jpg
Edited by RIKI232

I wonder how whoever came up with the idea of this promo feel about it now :deadbanana4:

The memes are killing me :deadbanana4:

The Memes for this movie are way better then the dumb Morbillion & Morbin time ones :dies:

but the movie is still pretty bad, and I’ll never understand the YouTube reviews that compare this to The Marvels for example 💀😭 

This was so good um :dies:

(did not appreciate that my showing started early and I ended up missing the first 10-15 minutes though) 

just saw this :bibliahh:

the way my theater and I were cackling at this the entire time :bibliahh: 

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.