• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tyrion_LMG

• Indie

• Alex

• Twilish

I always thought ‚Can You Afford To Lose Me?‘ was her debut. 

Can‘t wait for this one; Scarlett, PDLJY and Friendly Fire were amazing

Antichrist‘ is great as well

Antichrist has been on repeat

• 2 weeks later...

Can’t wait she has no misses and is perfection live! I saw her perform in a hotel room in NYC and am still shook by her vocals 

Into Your Room is a huge level up for her imo 

The first three singles were fine but not totally different from what she served on the EPs. This is mind blowing.

On 9/4/2023 at 12:51 PM, sweetsexysavage said:

I always thought ‚Can You Afford To Lose Me?‘ was her debut. 

That was just a compilation of songs from her 2 EP’s plus one new song 

OT: IYR is FANTASTIC! The others are great as well, but this is the first truly amazing single she’s released for this! Very hyped for this now!

• 2 weeks later...

Pre ordered 😏

KIW is beautiful but she mentioned it was her favourite from the album and I was expecting something different.

Antichrist remains unbothered

Great song again. 

So far:

Antichrist > Kissing In Swimming Pools > Into Your Room > Paint My Bedroom Black > Superbloodmoon > Room Service

It really pisses me off that no one is paying attention to this.

She has released such a gorgeous album and she deserves the world.

Edited by Tyrion_LMG

Been waiting for a full-length record from her for ages :jonny: will give it a proper listen in the morning but Lauren is EXCELLENT 

• Like 1

she’s just everything :jonny: I really wish she was getting the recognition she deserves, this album is great! 

• Like 1

Listening now and this is such a nice album so far. 

Didn't know she existed until recently.

Songs that received immediate spotify hearts:

- Paint My Bedroom Black

- Into Your Room

- Lauren

- Flatlining

- Elvis Impersonators

- Girl

I’ll post the review I wrote in Musicboard:

I have to admit that Holly has become one of my favourite artists since I discovered her in 2021 with the masterpiece Scarlett. This debut album has been among my most anticipating things for a long time, and finally here it is.

First of all, Antichrist is probably my favourite song this year so I wasn’t expecting anything to surpass that perfect tune. However, the overall quality of the album stands out. She has created her own world within these songs as her previous EPs anticipated. She has such a special and mysterious way to transmit emotions. Her lyrics are sincere, too much. Kissing In Swimming Pools is the perfect example of this. Probably her most stripped track to date in terms of opening up.

Her voice feels like a mix of Billie Eilish and Lorde but personal enough to have crafted her own style. The production is absolutely insane and the way her voice is perfectly treated blows my mind.

Overall, Paint My Bedroom Black has no skips apart from the interlude which adds anything interesting to the album. I wish Sleep Tight and London Is Lonely had made the record. Those gems deserve to belong to a full body of work.

Top 5

Antichrist
Kissing In Swimming Pools
Ghost Me
Lauren
Girl

5/5

• Like 1

Holly does it again, she really is quite consistent in her music. My top will be Antichrist but album is really amazing I am blown!