Box Office Discussion | Inside SMASH 2

Gwendolyn

Wish will have legs enough to be a moderate hit. Christmas is in a month and nothing really big for families is out until Wonka (which is not animation). 

very surprised by HG and happy. It’s a strong movie with lots of production value. 

surprised a bit by Napoleon because the critics weren’t in aw but it’s a strong “brand” and Scott. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ctlp27 said:

Wish will have legs enough to be a moderate hit. Christmas is in a month and nothing really big for families is out until Wonka (which is not animation). 

Trolls is taking a chunk of the audience out of Wish right now though. 

• Like 3

Disney is having a reverse 2019 experience. Everything has lost money aside from Guardians. Wish is another huge $200M budget bomb.

Lol at Wish. I knew from the moment Disney were turning their backs on theatrical windows (and putting films up for free on + so quickly) that people would just simply wait, especially for something as mediocre as Wish. They're gonna have to up their game quality wise.

1 minute ago, Psyduck said:

Disney is having a reverse 2019 experience. Everything has lost money aside from Guardians. Wish is another huge $200M budget bomb.

And the best part? The director of Guardians 3 was on his way out and is about to deliver a Superman movie in 2025 (that so far stans are very excited for). Disney ruined everything they had.

Apparently a 4th Despicable Me movie will arrive in July 3rd, 2024. Rise of Gru did almost a billion. I expect this one to do well. 

4 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

superman will flop again.

It won’t.

• Like 1

Also releasing Trolls and Wish so close together was dumb :rip: in my area Trolls is doing better than Wish

3 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

superman will flop again.

And it still won’t change that Disney bombed. :suburban:

Poor Ariana 

she is so talented but this movie is a mess

it shouldn’t be nominated for best animated feature but it will

and the soundtrack ain’t it, it shouldn’t be nominated best original song either but it will

4 hours ago, ALA said:

Also releasing Trolls and Wish so close together was dumb :rip: in my area Trolls is doing better than Wish

Universal will pull trolls Proably soon, but it’s too late for Wish

15 hours ago, TOKYO. said:

Its not! We need STRAIGHT MEN to see the movie for fucks sake

?

It's about to outgross all new releases this week and recoup the relatively modest, for today's standards, budget domestically. The Marvels, with its 2/3 male skew, won't crack 100M. 

Edited by Life Savers

6 hours ago, Hey Dude said:

Apparently a 4th Despicable Me movie will arrive in July 3rd, 2024. Rise of Gru did almost a billion. I expect this one to do well. 

DM/Minions movies have been hitting 1 billion (or at least close to 1 billion) since 2013. And they keep their budgets at 100 million or less. Pretty crazy consistency. 

38 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

DM/Minions movies have been hitting 1 billion (or at least close to 1 billion) since 2013. And they keep their budgets at 100 million or less. Pretty crazy consistency. 

I love how lately each movie is based around a different decade. I think the 4th movie will have 2000s elements to it. 

And then they could do a Minions 3 in the 90s. 

Wanted to watch the new Hunger Games movie with my Grindr date but the late night show was completely BOOKED.

:suburban:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Komet said:

Pls change the title to 'Wish is looking to BOMB', istg if it opens at #3 :lmao:

well

• Haha 4

This would make it a mere -2.6% drop from Friday and -24% drop from last Saturday :duca: 

The LEGS :jonny5: Waiting for the official numbers to come out, cause this is crazy good :jonny:

• Like 1

quite a year-end run for Disney celebrating their 100 year celebration, debuting in third place on thanksgiving ow, not even being able to reach $40m, and losing to:

-a Hunger Games prequel in its second week

-an 3 hour R-rated war epic historical drama with zero family appeal

-And almost to the third Trolls movie in its third frame

and this comes right after a disastrous BO run from The Marvels

Edited by hausofdave

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.