Box Office Discussion | Inside SMASH 2

Gwendolyn

If it can do better than the already good projections in China than it can probably reach a billion 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

Barbie is still bigger

• Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, JustHoran said:

Barbie is still bigger

A PG-13 movie with a higher budget is bigger than an R- rated 3 hour movie that cost half of Barbie? 

Groundbreaking 

• Thumbs Down 1

What’s tea yall? Is the movie really good? Be for real 

12 minutes ago, KiiKii_Muppisha said:

It is very very well done. 

it’s not for stupid people 

• Like 1

This is doing exceptionally well for a film that isn't action packed, just pure dialogue. Florence Pugh's Oppenheimer did that! :clap3:

34 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

It is very very well done. 

it’s not for stupid people 

I’m a muppet, but I ain’t no Dummy 

3 hours ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Italy invented pasta and hot men. they know what's good :clap3:

I dont think they invented pasta.

1 billion is probably out of the question, but 950M seems more likely than ever now. Hope it beats Bohemian Rhapsody at least

4 minutes ago, Alex21kw said:

1 billion is probably out of the question, but 950M seems more likely than ever now. Hope it beats Bohemian Rhapsody at least

It’ll have to SMASH In China and South Korea to get to $1 billion. $900 million though kinda seems locked

1 hour ago, KiiKii_Muppisha said:

yes it's spectacular and chilling

globenheimer :clap3:

I only know one person who went to watch this and she said it was so boring she walked out :rip:

But I still wanna watch cuz I love Christopher Nolan movies

2 hours ago, KiiKii_Muppisha said:

Like a 7. Take 45 minutes of it and It'd be a really good movie.

1 hour ago, Zendayababes said:

Like a 7. Take 45 minutes of it and It'd be a really good movie.

2 hours ago, gatito said:

yes it's spectacular and chilling

globenheimer :clap3:

:celestial3:

So Barbie will finish around $1.43-1.45B. Incredible. 

Even though it's gonna flop, anyone excited for The Creator in a couple weeks? Should be a spectacle. 

Edited by BNF91

6 hours ago, Zoe_ said:

I dont think they invented pasta.

Spaghetti then :ghostface:

12 hours ago, Bears01 said:

A PG-13 movie with a higher budget is bigger than an R- rated 3 hour movie that cost half of Barbie? 

Groundbreaking 

Barbie budget was 145 and opp 100. 

Also yes 1.340B dollas vs 780M is the definition of bigger :chick1: 

Then both are huge movies, sure.

Btw in Italy is not rated R just 6+. I really doubt someone under 6 want to see this movie so basically everyone interested can see It without any restriction.

Edited by vale9001

12 hours ago, est. in 90s said:

This is doing exceptionally well for a film that isn't action packed, just pure dialogue. Florence Pugh's Oppenheimer did that! :clap3:

Surely isn't an action movie but it's not a just pure dialogue movie too.

Edited by vale9001

On 8/28/2023 at 1:24 AM, Itz_Dani! said:

Blue Beetle was an incredible movie and one of DCs best in a long time. While I do agree that they should’ve gone about his introduction into the DCU differently and it probably was not the right time to release this, we all know it only flopped hard due to its association with the mess that is DC right now, I guarantee that if Marvel had released this EXACT SAME movie, word for word, scene by scene, it would've been a hit. 

According to its CinemaScore, it's above average (B+) but it probably needed to be at least an A in order to succeed on word-of-mouth alone since there was almost no interest for this movie and it was really poorly advertized. It was also DOA the moment Gunn said he was rebooting the DCEU, even though he claimed the Blue Beetle character will be part of his universe. People are not excited at all about the reboot and DC is very divided community.

I don't think it would have been a hit if Marvel had released. It would have "flopped" like "Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania", which failed to break even (break even point was 600). Blue Beetle like Ant-Man aren't super compelling superheroes that will get people to pay for a ticket based on their name alone (like Spider-Man). Even the first Ant-Man underperformed compared to other MCU Phase 3 films like Doctor Strange and Spider-Man. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bloo said:

Yeah, Barbie will become the highest grossing film of the year after this week. :clap3: 

It's what she deserves. It was a really good movie. Both entertaining and thought-provoking.

It's also PROOF that right-wing cancellation campaigns don't work when the movie is actually GOOD. Which is the best argument against those who claimed TLM's flopping was caused by the right-wing outrage machine. If the movie was actually GOOD, which it isn't, it would have not worked.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.