Box Office Discussion | Deadpool & Wolverine passes $1 Billion at Box Office

Gwendolyn

2 hours ago, V$. said:

:WAP:

I still can't wrap my head around someone sitting through a Barbie movie. Imagine all those straight to streaming Barbie movies that could have been blockbuster hits.

• Thumbs Down 4

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• V$.

• Lovett

• Arcadius

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Administrator
1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

@Ryan Please can Gwendolyn have the OP again? Some threads have been merged in and she's now lost the OP, but she was the one who set up the thread for us to track BO updates. :heart2:

Absolutely. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Rebel Lion said:

I still can't wrap my head around someone sitting through a Barbie movie. Imagine all those straight to streaming Barbie movies that could have been blockbuster hits.

If you'd actually seen the film, you'd know that's an illogical comparison. :toofunny3:

• Like 1

Why would they not release this in October :deadbanana4: would be more an event too :rip: 

So did MI flop? It getting out grossed by Oppenheimer is surprising 

ln0599e.gif

Not $9.9 million :deadbanana4: On a nearly $158 million budget :deadbanana4::deadbanana4:

Meanwhile, A24's horror film Talk To Me, with a $4.5 million budget, earned nearly $4.2 million, beating the opening days of X, Pearl, and Bodies Bodies Bodies. I haven't seen it yet, but I want to.

Source 1

Source 2

• Like 1

No Jennifer Tilly, no Haunted Mansion success. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Katamari said:

Why would they not release this in October :deadbanana4: would be more an event too :rip: 

So did MI flop? It getting out grossed by Oppenheimer is surprising 

ln0599e.gif

MI having a budget of 300 million and might not even 600m WW :rip: it’s over

• Like 1

Mission Impossible and Tom Cruise being the ones to catch strays from Barbie's box office oblitaration has to be the funniest thing to happen at the box office this year :dies:

• Haha 3

If you'd actually seen the film, you'd know that's an illogical comparison. :toofunny3:

Do you really think people care about the plot when they go see a movie these days? They only care about the vibe it gives them.

• Thumbs Down 4

13 minutes ago, Rebel Lion said:

Do you really think people care about the plot when they go see a movie these days? They only care about the vibe it gives them.

That's an incredibly sweeping statement, based on nothing but conjecture. :skull: The Barbie film has a great plot, so this is irrelevant to your argument anyway.

The marvels should move, November is too crowded or maybe Dune will blink and move 

Edited by DONTYELLATME

That's an incredibly sweeping statement, based on nothing but conjecture. :skull: The Barbie film has a great plot, so this is irrelevant to your argument anyway.

:coffee2:

2 minutes ago, Rebel Lion said:

:coffee2:

What argument do you think this makes, exactly? :rip:

4 hours ago, MrLovett said:

What argument do you think this makes, exactly? :rip:

That people only care about vibes these days. Barbie is doing well because it's a throwback, pink and fetishizes blue eyed blonde women. People don't go to see that type of movie for the plot. The Barbie packaging booth that everyone can take a photograph of themselves in as a real life Barbie in that link proves my point. What should have been a straight to streaming movie is now the biggest movie of the year because people have become brainwashed from all the years of Barbie that has been forced upon us all these years.

Edited by Rebel Lion
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 10

3 hours ago, DONTYELLATME said:

MI having a budget of 300 million and might not even 600m WW :rip: it’s over

part 2 has already filmed most of the scenes so at least there will be one more MI movie. 

5 hours ago, Broken said:

And he made it into 2 PARTS. Wheeeew it’s not looking good miss CRUISE 

3 hours ago, Rebel Lion said:

That people these days only care about vibes. Barbie is doing well because it's a throwback, pink and fetishizes blue eyed blonde women. People don't go to see that type of movie for the plot. The Barbie packaging booth in that link that everyone can take a photograph themselves in as a real life Barbie proves my point. What should have been a straight to streaming movie is now the biggest movie of the year because people have become brainwashed from all the years of Barbie that has been forced upon us all these years.

Not you serving the moody teenage daughter at the beginning of the movie 

:deadbanana:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Rebel Lion said:

The Barbie movie is actually a great movie. You haven't even seen it, clearly :rip: 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Hide contents

Not you serving the moody teenage daughter at the beginning of the movie 

:deadbanana:

Mess. Do I have to watch the movie now..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.