Challengers | by Guadagnino w/ Zendaya, Faist and O'Connor | MC: 83 / RT: 88%

Antisocialites

Really liked the movie!

The sexual tension was palpable throughout the whole movie between the whole trio.

I found the timeline a bit clunky at times with all the back and forth, but it was really enjoyable nonetheless. :heart:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Lovett

• vale9001

• Saintlor

7 hours ago, Tangane said:

Really liked the movie!

The sexual tension was palpable throughout the whole movie between the whole trio.

I found the timeline a bit clunky at times with all the back and forth, but it was really enjoyable nonetheless. :heart:

This is my exact take. Loved it. :clap3:

• Like 1

The way I am OBSESSED with this movie omg. Already planning to see it again next week. Not only is it bi heaven but the score is phenomenal. I was only moderately interested after seeing the trailer but I was lowkey kinda blown away. I thought the script was really tightly written and the cinematography was pretty adventurous, especially in the last act. I agree the timelines got a bit convoluted but hopefully I'll understand it more on a second viewing. And this is the first time IMO that Zendaya delivers a truly great performance. If you're on the fence, go see it! I know nothing about tennis and loved it.

• Thanks 2

Just got out.... this might be the film of the decade for me :jonny2: Luca, you can literally do no wrong!!!!!

I'm so flabbergasted I don't even know what to say other than this film is an instant fav of mine

The score is phenomenal. Please listen :jonnycat:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I liked it but it's not perfect. The constant jumping around felt unnecessary and a littl etry-hard. But it's fun and sexy. Zendaya does a better job playing a teen than she does playing an adult mother.

• Like 3

The movie rocked omg :jonny2: the last 10 minutes were masterful. I think Josh O'Conner gave the best performance but all leada were great.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ALA said:

The movie rocked omg :jonny2: the last 10 minutes were masterful. I think Josh O'Conner gave the best performance but all leada were great.

He's like the nicest person irl... who knew he could be such an absolute prick!

Spoiler

It was hot tho  :eli:

• Thanks 1

This was so good. The score is great, not surprising for Trent and Atticus. The leads all performed so well, for a movie with not that much sex in it, it was so horny, Luca the director you are.

I didn't like the slow motion shots too much, but the tennis scenes were phenomenal.

Spoiler

The last 30 to 20 minutes of the movie were so good, that last game with the ball POV camera going to an aerial shot popped me out. :WAP:

• Thanks 2

Zendaya queening per usual, Josh giving the best performance, Mike being devastatingly beautiful

Luca movies have always been underwhelming for me, but I really liked this one. It felt long and clunky at times, but was a great watch overall.

• Thanks 1

whew that was amazing. the best way to describe this movie is a movie of teasing and edging.

• Like 2

This was absolutely incredible and my favorite movie of the year so far.  Luca Guadaginino did it again :clap3: His direction and camerawork were incredible,  the POV shots really blew my mind away. The Cinematography and editing were wonderful. Zendaya delivered her best acting on screen (and that's saying alot considering how fantastic she is in Euphoria) particularly in that alleyway scene and the way she could say so much even in her facial expressions. She was so confident,  effortless, and mature in this film. The Screenplay was great and Mike Faist and Josh O'Connor both killed it (O'Connor has also never been sexier on film than here).

Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross need to win another Oscar for the score,  I'll be playing that all summer. Boyz Noise was a great collaborator and the music was used so well in the tennis scenes.  You could find some call backs to Call Me By Your Name in the flashback scenes. Luca did not fail in satisfying the gays for the film :eli: The shower & sauna scenes:flame: 10/10 film on the whole!

Edited by Hector
  • Like 2

This was soooo for the gays :jonny5: who would've guessed Josh and Mike have such chemistry. 

The final match scene…. 

• Thanks 1

It was a serve! Pun intended :giraffe:

anyway, I did enjoy it a lot. The editing could be a bit rough around the edges at times, but I had a fantastic time! I heard some people thought Tashi's intentions or motivations were ambiguous but….

Spoiler

I thought it was pretty clear she didn't really care for either boy, and all she really wants is some good freakin' tennis!

• Thanks 2

The movie is higly overrated. It's still interesting, good and magnetic and guadagnino direction Is really great but only people on "film Twitter" started to watch serious movies 5 years ago can think this Is a masterpiece or near to It. So many lows in this movie. 

Mike faist is superb here and oscar worthy.

Josh o Connor great in the final part of the movie, in the rest is not at his best, a little bit monotonous in his approach to the character. 

Zendaya is just mediocre, as always. She give something in 2-3 scenes, then always the half closed eyes She thinks is "intense actress" and her sulky face. So One note, so incapable to give nothing than surface at what should be an intricate character. I can't help but think of how greater a movie with a story so basic (and heavily complicated by the screenplay often with no reason) and based only on characters complexity would have been with a good actress.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

I didn't like this one at all :deadbanana4: 

i just wanna know any gay scene? Any sex? Make out? how many scene :coffee:

Anyone know when this will come out on streaming? A month?

I wanna watch it rn, but no way i'm going to a theatre x.

I wonder how many takes this took cuz they're chewing to the same beat :WAP:

Magickarp

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, starataneori said:

i just wanna know any gay scene? Any sex? Make out? how many scene :coffee:

Spoiler

the two men kiss on a scene but during a sex game with the female character. Then they are described as full straight, even if i guess the movie meaning is also how about male friendship and friendships in generale have something romantic in the way they involve strong feelings ...but still nothing explicit. 

8 minutes ago, vale9001 said:
  Hide contents

the two men kiss on a scene but during a sex game with the female character. Then they are described as full straight, even if i guess the movie meaning is also how about male friendship and friendships in generale have something romantic in the way they involve strong feelings ...but still nothing explicit. 

Spoiler

so gay baiting again

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, starataneori said:
  Reveal hidden contents

so gay baiting again

No. Deep psychologies of the characters + real life complexity.

Not terms invented by jobless people writing for buzzfeed.

:suburban:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, starataneori said:
  Hide contents

so gay baiting again

Spoiler

After Patrick & Art make out, Art gets a woody. Plus in between Patrick swiping past women on Tinder, he also swipes past a man. Take that as you will,  but Patrick's sexuality is definitely at least fluid.

• Like 1

I need to see this again. Best movie of 2024 for me so far. 

Imax poster is bothering me so much because none of them look like they know what they're doing with a tennis racket :rip:

Zendaya's acting abilities are seriously lacking in comparison to her peers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

25 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Zendaya's acting abilities are seriously lacking in comparison to her peers

I wasn't a huge fan of her in the Dune movies, but she bodied this role. Who are her peers exactly?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.