This Was Pop 2022 | Part 1 | Charli, Rina, Tove & Carly (Winner Revealed!)

greento

• ATRL Moderator

I’ll be here.  

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greento

• madonnas

• halcyonday

• CBC

This **** better be out FAST

1 minute ago, ONOPKA said:

I've arrived for Every Rule's swift exit from the rate

ezgif.com-resize(3).thumb.gif.b743ca6ef9

that was the second song out :deadbanana4:

• ATRL Moderator

No more crash songs should leave for 20 spots except maybe SIIHY

• Confused 2

we hea for more Rina slaughters

ezgif.com-resize(3).thumb.gif.b743ca6ef9

shoulda rig hold the grammy with only 10s and sabotage wreck with only 0s :celestial5:

Put your lips on my lips, I'll remember your kiss on the nights when I miss you

S00Gi5G.png

Kicking off this set is the collaboration between two artists who both have albums in this rate, “Beg for You”. Charli XCX and Rina Sawayama team up on this single to produce what is arguably one of the most lacklustre songs of each of their discographies. The song samples September’s iconic hit “Cry for You” yet neither Charli nor Rina manage to add anything of value to the song. A collaboration between two of the most exciting women in pop music could and should have been so much more and for that reason alone, it received my 0. Many ATRLers agreed that the song was a let-down: @cockatoo moaned “Charli's vocals are so bad on this. A great example of a sample that ruined the original song” and @beomgyu questioned “how did two of the most interesting artists in modern pop music come together and make the most boring and chewed out single of both their careers?”.

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - Matthew4815

10 - supaspaz

Haters (0s and 1s):

1 - Sanguine

1 - Born to Run

1 - cockatoo

0 - @greento

0 - @beomgyu

• Like 1

Just now, kimberly said:

ready to lose at least 4 more Rina songs this set.

AbU8Bss.gif

WRONG Rina Song omg Beg For You before This Hell???

AbU8Bss.gif 

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, greento said:

S00Gi5G.png

Kicking off this set is the collaboration between two artists who both have albums in this rate, “Beg for You”. Charli XCX and Rina Sawayama team up on this single to produce what is arguably one of the most lacklustre songs of each of their discographies. The song samples September’s iconic hit “Cry for You” yet neither Charli nor Rina manage to add anything of value to the song. A collaboration between two of the most exciting women in pop music could and should have been so much more and for that reason alone, it received my 0. Many ATRLers agreed that the song was a let-down: @cockatoo moaned “Charli's vocals are so bad on this. A great example of a sample that ruined the original song” and @beomgyu questioned “how did two of the most interesting artists in modern pop music come together and make the most boring and chewed out single of both their careers?”.

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - Matthew4815

10 - supaspaz

Haters (0s and 1s):

1 - Sanguine

1 - Born to Run

1 - cockatoo

0 - @greento

0 - @beomgyu

This song grew.  Ahead of its time.  

beg for a hit (feat lazy sampling) wasnt that bad thanks to rina but yeah still a lazy mess

AbU8Bss.gif

• Haha 1

I was so confused about the previous pages stanning Beg for You so much like... where were you a year and half ago?! nsidhsiohdsio

But yeah it's prob like bottom 2 for me with the album. It's still good but I already don't really care for the original song and BFY is just kinda. Eh. Fun live though!

It's a cute European hit :clap:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kandicha said:

at least it made me get back into Cry for You again

Oh yeah that was the only good thing it did :bird:

• ATRL Moderator

She was ahead of the 2step/uk garage trend (by only like a month but still!)

• Like 1

I know most argue that the song is basic af (which is kinda true) but to me it's just the perfect kind of basic to make me listen to it over and over again :dies:

5 minutes ago, greento said:

S00Gi5G.png

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - Matthew4815

10 - supaspaz

Haters (0s and 1s):

1 - Sanguine

1 - Born to Run

1 - cockatoo

0 - @greento

0 - @beomgyu

Rina still taking lashings when Crash songs get eliminated.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Just now, halcyonday said:

It's a cute European hit :clap:

the original yes :jonny5:

SUCH an underwhelming song. The only reason I didn't give it a 1 was because of the garage influence.

AbU8Bss.gif

we’ll never see her again :bibliahh:

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.