White House bans trans activist for topless photo at Pride event

nadiamendell

Just now, Contessa said:

**** "good optics." Y'all are just pandering to conservative talking points based on internalized homophobia. :rip:

literally this :ahh: 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ClashAndBurn

• Bears01

• AMIT

• Communion

59 minutes ago, UnfairTop said:

Good. Wtf you're at the white house :clown:

50 minutes ago, Bacratto said:

This is embarrassing. Out of all the places to pull your **** out, why the white house? *****, imagine how lucky you are to be able to step foot into such a historic place as it is the white house and be able to celebrate who you are just for you to get naked in a public space. That ain't highland avenue. 

47 minutes ago, KBax said:

There's a time an place to have your **** out and the white house is not it Nene Leakes Sassy GIF - Nene Leakes Sassy Mmhmm GIFs

47 minutes ago, Keter said:

Yeah this was a little trifling. There’s a time and a place! Why are you exposing your breasts at the damn White House? The maturity and foresight are just in the basement. 

35 minutes ago, bad guy said:

Pretty sad how classless society has gotten. If this was just 10 years ago it’d be a national uproar ala Janet Jackson :toofunny3:

Well deserved ban.

33 minutes ago, RussianRoulette said:

Jail.

30 minutes ago, Jotham said:

In the words of Professor Oak, "There's a time and place for everything, but not now."

30 minutes ago, Sannie said:

Well firstly, Trump would not be having a Pride event at the White House so this argument falls flat.

Oops. But you can not expect conservatives to be self-aware.

---

Considering what is going on nowadays, she should not have done that and she put her own desire for attention above the safety of others. Gross, immature, and inappropriate. 

29 minutes ago, Orsay said:

she could have just left that one clip out and it would have been fine :rip: dumb

10 minutes ago, Terrielle said:

When will minority activists understand the importance of good optics?

8 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Deserved. Take your top off at the club.

6 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

trashy

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

• Thumbs Down 11

42 minutes ago, TROPICUM said:

Funny how the conservatives on twitter are furious about this, but if she's a "man" in their own narrative, then why are they so worked up over a trans woman showing her "man" breasts and not the trans man by her side showing his pecs who in their own fantasy is nothing else but an actual woman? Looks like the anti-trans movement is reeked in sexism. The exact same reason why TERFs are just fighting a battle that will later be turned against themselves.

But no, it's not appropriate to do this and the ban is well justified

I think the White House ends up looking weak by miscalculating and even acknowledging right-wing bullshit, but also your point is right in pointing out the brazen hypocrisy of said right-wing nonsense (if "trans women are men" was true, there'd literally no reason for her breasts to be an issue by their logic - let alone that cis and trans women's breasts themselves shouldn't be sexualized as well), and that feels important to address the actual lifeline to why this is a "controversy" to begin with.

Edited by Communion

29 minutes ago, Orsay said:

but how are conservatives mad at this? according to them she's male right? so what's the issue with her showing her breasts then? :mandown:

Oop :cm:

8 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Fine I guess. For me it comes down to context. When I think of topless female protestors the stereotype is of those with face paint in France or Poland.

This did not come off as a protest to me, but Girls Gone Wild :rip: I'm not dictating what protest should look like, but if you're going to protest, there's degrees of productivity and utility. I guess this is getting press, but the purpose is lost if it was in fact a protest in the first place.

People on here can just admit that they're conservative reactionaries whose primary concern is Biden getting embarrassed and that'd be fine. :michael:

4 minutes ago, lauvender said:

Not surprised you guys are agreeing with this smh… 🙄  

girl take ur top off who cares, suddenly she’s woman enough for that to be inappropriate but at the same time transphobes will still misgender her? and call her a man? the false outrage. 

Although I personally don't have a problem with it (typical Pride activities) this is like the one place you probably don't want to commit a crime....? Like getting naked in public is not something that the public consented to. Let alone the literal f****** White House. It's grossly selfish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brooklyndaddy said:

Although I personally don't have a problem with it (typical Pride activities) this is like the one place you probably don't want to commit a crime....? Like getting naked in public is not something that the public consented to. Let alone the literal f****** White House. It's grossly selfish.

Girl **** the White House. Especially the guy currently in it. :ahh: 

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, ClashAndBurn said:

Girl **** the White House. Especially the guy currently in it. :ahh: 

I feel the same way but touch grass please, getting naked in public is not something that everybody else around consent to. I thought consent was supposedly important to leftists like myself? :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Communion said:

I think the White House ends up looking weak by miscalculating and even acknowledging right-wing bullshit, but also your point is right in pointing out the brazen hypocrisy of said right-wing nonsense (if "trans women are men" was true, there'd literally no reason for her breasts to be an issue by their logic - let alone that cis and trans women's breasts themselves shouldn't be sexualized as well), and that feels important to address the actual lifeline to why this is a "controversy" to begin with.

I absolutely see your point. The ban was the correct thing to do but in this climate it just makes the moronic right-wing word puke seem more impactful than what they are. If anything this proves that it was never about being trans or from the queer community, it’s so deeply rooted in misogyny toward cis or trans women.

• Like 1

Also, I'm more-so than anything worried for the woman since the WH acknowledging this puts a huge target on her back. The weirdos at the Daily Wire, etc. all reacted to her video yet it'd still be easy to ignore them.

Acknowledging them already has given them ammunition to attack and dogpile her:

uEi6rRu.png

:biblio:

Joe better send secret service detail for the doll. To be with us you have to be WITH us. 

I'm a huge critic of Biden but will give credit where due (though inviting unrelated KHive Twitter people to this was.. :toofunny3:) and I see he stands by his convictions*. The clips of him saying things like "Happy Pride month! Happy Pride year! Happy Pride life!" and "You are beautiful, you are heard, you are understood, you are loved, and you belong" are powerful. He's done good here.

*- The nadir of his presidency will be his personal convictions that progressive economics don't work and his essentially killing of Sanders' movement will blackpill millennial voters.

Because he is so strong on LGBT affirmation, he shouldn't concede ground where he doesn't need to, even though it's likely beltway WH staff PMCs making these calls. 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bad guy said:

Pretty sad how classless society has gotten. If this was just 10 years ago it’d be a national uproar ala Janet Jackson :toofunny3:

Well deserved ban.

:skull:

ot: deserved. narcissist and dumb!

Nene Leakes Sassy GIF - Nene Leakes Sassy Mmhmm GIFs

1 hour ago, Contessa said:

**** "good optics." Y'all are just pandering to conservative talking points based on internalized homophobia. :rip:

I’ve read this like four times and I still don’t get the point you’re trying to make here

Hurting the whole movement. And giving the right wing ammunition. 

• Like 1

I thought this thread was going to rev up the “kink in public/at pride” conversation again :foxaylove3:

Let's be honest, If it were Lauren, MTG or Nikki, they would not be angry, in fact they would be lining up to eat their ******* and buy them Birkins....

although inappropriate, it does showcase how stupid republicans are.  If a man took his shirt off, it would be perfectly ok.  If a woman did, that would be deemed inappropriate.  But if Republicans think trans-women are men, then what does it matter if they take their shirt off?  Aren't they still men?  Or......are they somehow now women which you so falsely claim?  If they are women now, then you've decided that trans-women are women and therefore have the biggest egg on your face.

3 hours ago, Orsay said:

but how are conservatives mad at this? according to them she's male right? so what's the issue with her showing her breasts then? :mandown:

No one should be topless in the white house, male or female tbh

• Like 2

:gaycat7:

There's just a time and place for taking ur top off lol

1 hour ago, Tylerbv said:

I’ve read this like four times and I still don’t get the point you’re trying to make here

in times like this when lgbt rights and people are being threatened, lgbt folks are more likely to resort to the same homophobic rhetorics used by said aggressors as a coping mechanism for safety/sanity, which is actually fueling their internalized homophobia.

Trashy, tacky, and unnecessary. There’s a place and time for this but a pro LGBT event like this at the  White House isn’t it. Ever. What did she expect to gain from this? Fame? Awareness for what? Instead this hurts the community even more. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brooklyndaddy said:

I feel the same way but touch grass please, getting naked in public is not something that everybody else around consent to. I thought consent was supposedly important to leftists like myself? :rip:

When you start by saying she committed a crime, without realizing that toplessness is legal in Washington DC and therefore not a crime, you’ve already lost. :dies: 

Indecent exposure laws are only in effect for exposure of genitalia and the anus. 

7 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

Trashy, tacky, and unnecessary. There’s a place and time for this but a pro LGBT event like this at the  White House isn’t it. Ever. What did she expect to gain from this? Fame? Awareness for what? Instead this hurts the community even more. 

Okay, Puritan :dies: 

• Thumbs Down 3

1 hour ago, Contessa said:

in times like this when lgbt rights and people are being threatened, lgbt folks are more likely to resort to the same homophobic rhetorics used by said aggressors as a coping mechanism for safety/sanity, which is actually fueling their internalized homophobia.

I don’t understand the word homophobia here.. isn’t this transphobic if anything? Regardless, it’s inappropriate for people to be nude anywhere in public, but still.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.