-She’s writes, play instruments and can sing

-She got a fanbase/huge social media followers

-She got a Disney background

-She can dance and act

-She’s young

-She’s doing endless promo

-She’s doing fashion campaigns

-Taylor’s blessings

So why can’t she chart properly on Billboard hot 100? Even with an Ariania-esque radio friendly bop “Nonsense”? 

X-factor maybe?

Discuss ATRL.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Angelo

• Saintlor

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Robyn.

She sounds like a lovely girl but everything about her is boring to me and she/her music don't really stand out 

• Like 6

To be honest everything. She’s just not that interesting of an artist you can find so many others doing what she’s doing. She’s just not special same with Zara Larson. They have no individual identity. Just white pop tarts serving up the same old same old. 

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

A unique selling point, I really like her but it’s because she reminds me of my other faves, she needs something about her that makes her perspective or presentation interesting

It's the Zara Larson effect

Everything is there but it doesn't connect with the GP

They could be big with label support and good songs as we already seen with Lush Life

Her sound is inconsistent. I would not listen to her last three albums and think the same artist made them - but if you are going to change your sound that much, you have to nail it every time and she just doesn't. 

Singular Act 1 probably comes closest and I do like a lot of the songs on Emails, but like she needs a project that's consistently great to really break through

Shws doing good for herself she doesn't have to be smashing

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Insanity said:

Shws doing good for herself she doesn't have to be smashing

Major labels will drop you if you ain’t smashing.

I hate how they do her make up and styling. It ages her so much and she looks like a little kid in Drag and cosplaying as something she’s not (a mature and sexually assured woman). She’s a beautiful girl and although generic that was never a problem for others. I think she just needs to figure herself out as an artist and go with another image direction

She doesn’t have a identity.. Her biggest song is an Ariana rehash

But Ari also went through the same, so she still has time

Lack of musical identity. She’s a pretty girl, I like her style and some of her songs but nothing stands out about her the music she makes overall. 

Catchiness imo. Even though some of her songs are good they don't make me replay them or keep coming back to them. It might be just me though, idk :celestial5:

Shes a cute girl but she doesn’t stand out. Its just another girl singing love songs. Only people that are born super stars will eventually make it 

4 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Catchiness imo. Even though some of her songs are good they don't make me replay them or keep coming back to them. It might be just me though, idk :celestial5:

Yep. I feel the exact same way, none of her so ngs have good hooks or replay value

• Like 1

She just not that memorable. She's kind of the Great Value version of Ariana. She doesn't have that thing, that je ne sais quoi that makes me seek out her music.

46 minutes ago, Angelo said:

Major labels will drop you if you ain’t smashing.

No they won't lol

she sounds like a different person on every song, shes overly processed on each track ive heard. she looks like jennette mccurdy yassified on faceapp. not a very useful popstar at all

• Like 1

Love her but she’s just isn’t MPG material. Even Madison Beer have more potential to be one. 

She is not a star.

And not everyone can be. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Angelo said:

-She’s a white

ATRL reduces everyone to this alone so I’m perplexed as to what the issue is :confused:

To be honest she needs to lean into the drama a little bit, it’s literally the only way to get your name on people’s mouths.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.