'Barbie' movie production caused international shortage of pink paint

Kayseri Mantisi

:rip:

The production designer previously told IndieWire that “pink became the film’s thesis,” and that when it came to finding the perfect pink, “it was epic dealing with the painters, mixing the right colors.”

But due to construction, Greenwood told AD that there ended up being an international shortage of the fluorescent shade of Rosco paint. She added, “The world … ran out of pink.” 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/barbie-production-pink-paint-international-shortage-1235506713/

Edited by Kayseri Mantisi

i doubt that is true but slay get those headlines

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why can't they just mix white and red paint? :skull:

2 minutes ago, Jotham said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why can't they just mix white and red paint? :skull:

Too expensive. 

Written by someone who's never been to a hardware store, I assume :rip: They mix paint on the spot

Already serving iconic 

This just sounds like a PR headline to get more attention to the movie lol!

I believe it. Apparently there isn't any CGI but they build a set is a little city. 

Edited by vale9001

barbiegrande

Disgusting of Ms Robbie to hoard paint that could have went to low income houses. 

26 minutes ago, barbiegrande said:

Disgusting of Ms Robbie to hoard paint that could have went to low income houses. 

@GraceRandolph needs to see this and use it for her next video.

the way this is shaping up to be THE movie of the year :wanda:

Oh I hate PR headlines like this :deadbanana2: usually when they hype a movie up with ridiculous claims like this the movie ends up sucking ass (not in a good way)

2 hours ago, Jotham said:

Not a dumb question at all. You’re probably right. All paint colors are made by mixing other colors, so this is probably not true. 

But like someone said, good for them, let them get those headlines :clap3:

This movie is gonna do really well. I think the public is over "deep, real, depressing" film aesthetic and vibes and just wants fun movies lately

Not one of those annoying fake articles only made to promote the movie 🙄 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.