Bud Light losing status as top-selling beer as Modelo closes gap after sales plunge

Aethereal

13 hours ago, suburbannature said:

It was a PR package.

I know, but Dylan purposely used it as a means to go viral knowing fully well what it meant.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• suburbannature

• Aethereal

• FightForTanas

I didn't know a beer had a "target demographic" what's next... apples can only be consumed by straight women? cake can only be eaten by kids? anti-lgbt people always have something to complain about. Twitter is the demise of the human race. 

24 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

I know, but Dylan purposely used it as a means to go viral knowing fully well what it meant.

Please. PR packages are meant to be shared via a post 

14 hours ago, FightForTanas said:

How about we focus on actual issues instead of what t-shirts target is selling? States are literally passing bans on gender affirming care but apparently a boycott on beer cans is more important. :ace: 

It all reflects another. Money is what helps lobby and change laws. If more corporations support LGBT rights outwardly it shifts the public’s perceptions and also puts more money into law. Politics is influenced by finance. If LGBT is bad business it will also be bad politics. The dems eveb never supported lgbt as heavy as they did until it became

more lucrative and acceptable. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, shinyshimmery said:

I didn't know a beer had a "target demographic" what's next... apples can only be consumed by straight women? cake can only be eaten by kids? anti-lgbt people always have something to complain about. Twitter is the demise of the human race. 

Of course beer has a target demographic. Everything does. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gaia said:

To be fair, I really wish she’d change her name because almost anyone would mistakenly say “him” with the name Dylan

Dylan is a unisex name. You can only explain away misgendering by genuine accident once. The right-wing is more than aware of her pronouns by now.

58 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

Money is what helps lobby and change laws.

Politics is influenced by finance.

In our dystopian hellscape post-Citizens United, yes. But it shouldn’t.

3 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

Oh shut up, you cannot seriously blame a trans woman for the disgusting bigotry aimed at her. You bought into right-wing propaganda by assuming Bud Light had endorsed her, and upon being corrected are maintaining that Dylan retains the burden of guilt for this situation. Trans and queer people are not responsible for the hatred they receive by merely existing in the same world as straight people. We do not have to change our actions to appease them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

@xclusivestylesz Girl what’s good, you seem to have a lot of opinions about trans rights but wanna hide in the shadows with reactions. Tell us how you feel :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Horizon Flame said:

Of course beer has a target demographic. Everything does. 

really? what's their demo? people who consume alcohol? cus like... 

16 minutes ago, shinyshimmery said:

Certain segments of the population but THEIR beer. That’s how society works. Certain products appeal to certain groups of people and it can be for a multitude of reason. They hire psychologists to study the data and tell them how to market their product accordingly. It’s the same reason why the word “diet” has been left off of products like soda and juice because men see it as feminine. Bud Light’s biggest demographic is men 21-27. 

Edited by Horizon Flame
  • Like 1

This isn’t stopping at TARGET. I hope all that money y’all love to splurge on pop girls you buy all the pride merch you can. Let them know we appreciate the support these people can’t win.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs7J6K7uSQR/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Edited by FreeXone

3 hours ago, shinyshimmery said:

Women drink wine and men drink beer, generally speaking. Women drink gin and men drink whiskey. Everything has a demographic. 

10 hours ago, FreeXone said:

It all reflects another. Money is what helps lobby and change laws. If more corporations support LGBT rights outwardly it shifts the public’s perceptions and also puts more money into law. Politics is influenced by finance. If LGBT is bad business it will also be bad politics. The dems eveb never supported lgbt as heavy as they did until it became

more lucrative and acceptable. 

Nobody and I mean NOBODY cares about this but redneck MAGA freaks. I will not be supporting evil multibillion dollar corporations just to OWN the conservatives. Do you work for Target or something? :deadbanana2:

Edited by FightForTanas

1 hour ago, FightForTanas said:

Nobody and I mean NOBODY cares about this but redneck MAGA freaks. I will not be supporting evil multibillion dollar corporations just to OWN the conservatives. Do you work for Target or something? :deadbanana2:

If their boycotts and threats succeed, they'll be emboldened to do even more and even worse. Pride parades already faced terrorist threats from MAGA last year. What do you think is going to happen now that Chaiya Raichik and Matt Walsh have successfully been launching bomb threat campaigns against children's hospitals? They've gotten even more organized since then. This isn't just about Target pandering to "woke" causes for their bottom line. Wake up.

6 hours ago, FightForTanas said:

No I have common sense. They literally are preparing for all our pride war starting today. 

5 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

If their boycotts and threats succeed, they'll be emboldened to do even more and even worse. Pride parades already faced terrorist threats from MAGA last year. What do you think is going to happen now that Chaiya Raichik and Matt Walsh have successfully been launching bomb threat campaigns against children's hospitals? They've gotten even more organized since then. This isn't just about Target pandering to "woke" causes for their bottom line. Wake up.

Exactly. And they are feeling very EMBOLDENED

• Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 4:16 AM, suburbannature said:

I would just like to reiterate that the Dylan Mulvaney involvement wasn't even an ad campaign. They sent her a PR package :rip: 

And btw, Modelo is internationally owned by the same company as Bud Light

I know the reaction was over the top but why a trans woman? I'd assume a trans woman's followers are not very likely to consume beer in the same frat boys do. 

It was a poor strategy on every vision even if there was no backflash. 

8 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

I know the reaction was over the top but why a trans woman? I'd assume a trans woman's followers are not very likely to consume beer in the same frat boys do. 

It was a poor strategy on every vision even if there was no backflash. 

Uh, why not a trans woman? Do trans women not drink beer? And a PR package shouldn't only go to a target demographic or loyal buyers - because then what’s the point? 

4 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Uh, why not a trans woman? Do trans women not drink beer? And a PR package shouldn't only go to a target demographic or loyal buyers - because then what’s the point? 

Yeah but if I wanted to advertise a Mario game I definitely would not do it in Boomer zone.

25 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

Yeah but if I wanted to advertise a Mario game I definitely would not do it in Boomer zone.

Well that’s why you’re poor

Starboys23

This is because the immigrant class has worked their way up to middle class and they prefer Modelo over the racist Budlight shitty beer, also their demographic keeps increasing whereas white people arent getting married or having families.

On 5/31/2023 at 11:36 AM, FightForTanas said:

Are we supposed to care what happens to a multibillon dollar corporation while many of us struggle to pay our bills? What am I missing here? :deadbanana2:

Yes, you should care. Not for the company itself, but the fact this whole situation shows the absolute hatred in America for trans people. When a company is losing millions of dollars and a massive share in the market for simply sending a trans woman a pack of beer... it's sad and scary. 

On 5/31/2023 at 3:16 AM, suburbannature said:

And btw, Modelo is internationally owned by the same company as Bud Light

lmfao so all the girlies are fighting for nothing? :dies:

Sadly looks like I’ll have to start buying Bud Light to make the pockets align with the queer community in the long run. Yes corporations don’t care about us and just want to use us, but better to be used than to allow fascist backed homophobia take root in such a tangible way again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.