Bud Light losing status as top-selling beer as Modelo closes gap after sales plunge

Aethereal

Bud Light sales suffered their worst week ever, falling 25.7% — endangering its status as the world’s No. 1 beer brand, according to the latest data provided to The Post on Tuesday.

At least one store was trying to unload a 24-pack of Bud Light for just $3.49, according to Beer Business Daily.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/30/bud-light-sales-plunge-25-7-modelo-closes-beer-gap/

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• suburbannature

• Aethereal

• FightForTanas

They really did a number on themselves. I don’t have anything against Dylan Mulvaney but then putting her in the campaign really gave me a vibe of trying to cash in on what they thought was a cultural commodity. There’s any number of people, LGBT+ and not, that would have made more sense for a Bud Light can. I’m not condoning what is essentially transphobia provoking this, but they should have read the room (of their client base).

Edited by Keter
Misgendered by mistake! My bad
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 18

4 minutes ago, Keter said:

I don’t have anything against Dylan Mulvaney but then putting him 

?

Edited by Communion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Are we supposed to care what happens to a multibillon dollar corporation while many of us struggle to pay our bills? What am I missing here? :deadbanana2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I thought we were past the peak of their sales plunging weeks ago. But does not seems like that. I hope it stops. It went from 6B dollar loss to 15B last week and now it has probably reached 20B or it will hit that mark in several days.  

5 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

Are we supposed to care what happens to a multibillon dollar corporation while many of us struggle to pay our bills? What am I missing here? :deadbanana2:

It’s news. No one cares if you care or not. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

nicole-richie-no-fun.gif

15 minutes ago, Keter said:

They really did a number on themselves. I don’t have anything against Dylan Mulvaney but then putting him in the campaign really gave me a vibe of trying to cash in on what they thought was a cultural commodity. There’s any number of people, LGBT+ and not, that would have made more sense for a Bud Light can. I’m not condoning what is essentially transphobia provoking this, but they should have read the room (of their client base).

Wasn't it like one video? It says more about fragile masculinity than anything else.

I've always been a Blue Moon girlie but I might give Bud Light a try just to make the conservatives seethe.

2 minutes ago, Jotham said:

I've always been a Blue Moon girlie but I might give Bud Light a try just to make the conservatives seethe.

Nah, Bud Light back-tracked and threw Dylan and the LGBTQ+ community under the bus and issued a nonsense statement to appease their conservative base. They can suffer without the pink dollar :heart:

Edited by Headlock
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Is [pop star] a feminist? Is MasterCard a queer ally? Is this tv show my friend?

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Glad to know that Americans hate the LGBTQ community even more than they hate brown people :heart:

Says more about how stupid everyone who purchases beer (especially Bud Light) is than anything.

40 minutes ago, Keter said:

They really did a number on themselves. I don’t have anything against Dylan Mulvaney but then putting him in the campaign really gave me a vibe of trying to cash in on what they thought was a cultural commodity. There’s any number of people, LGBT+ and not, that would have made more sense for a Bud Light can. I’m not condoning what is essentially transphobia provoking this, but they should have read the room (of their client base).

Gays are going to be pissed but this is true. OUTSIDE of normal demographics, Dylan is NOT in any way representative of that brand, like even in one way.

There are GAY and TRANS people that would have made way more sense for that endorsement, especially knowing it would go viral.

It was cheap and thats why they were able to back off of it so fast and turn on the community without hesitation when they got scared.

Its like hooking up with a straight dude in secret and he starts getting scared and starts beating you up when someone catches him kissing you.  

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

I would just like to reiterate that the Dylan Mulvaney involvement wasn't even an ad campaign. They sent her a PR package :rip: 

And btw, Modelo is internationally owned by the same company as Bud Light

2 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

Gays are going to be pissed but this is true. OUTSIDE of normal demographics, Dylan is NOT in any way representative of that brand, like even in one way.

There are GAY and TRANS people that would have made way more sense for that endorsement, especially knowing it would go viral.

It was cheap and thats why they were able to back off of it so fast and turn on the community without hesitation when they got scared.

Its like hooking up with a straight dude in secret and he starts getting scared and starts beating you up when someone catches him kissing you.  

It was a PR package.

4 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

Can you guys please stop pushing this narrative? Bud Light did not tap Dylan as a spokesperson; they did not do a campaign with her. You guys are pushing the same right-wing "trans people are not allowed to exist" narrative and it is hurtful. So what is the answer? Trans people must stay in the shadows because they will hurt a business?

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

I would just like to reiterate that the Dylan Mulvaney involvement wasn't even an ad campaign. They sent her a PR package :rip: 

And btw, Modelo is internationally owned by the same company as Bud Light

:ahh: 

Edited by Sannie
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

I care, especially since a company that stood up for LGBTQ+ people is now being boycotted and trying to be destroyed all because they stood up for what's right. So yes, in this situation I do care.

• Like 1

Brands have promoted pride merch or sent PR to LGBTQ influencers for years, but it's now suddenly an issue because the right is trying to distract and because the Trump years have brought prejudice to the forefront of society again. It's discouraging to see gay atrlers buying into the fear mongering.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

funny how Modelo is #2.  As a bartender, I would think it would be Corona.  Or Miller Lite or Coors Light, not Modelo.  That beer doesn't seem to be popular anywhere I go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JustHoran said:

I care, especially since a company that stood up for LGBTQ+ people is now being boycotted and trying to be destroyed all because they stood up for what's right. So yes, in this situation I do care.

I hope every Multibillion corporation goes UNDER. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.