Billboard : The Likelihood of a Female Artist playing on Country Radio twice is 0.5%

Armani?

Morgan Wallen and Luke Combs have flooded the country radio chart

Anything they release goes Top 10 like You Proof is still smashing there 

It's sad but country queens like Kacey, Maren and Kelsea have proved you don't need radio to be successful

Is billboard saying this or is this random Twitter account saying this? They say via billboard but they never post their source. If it’s a billboard article, why didnt you just post that? All I’m seeing is a picture of a radio. In any case, “back to back” is missing from your thread title. 

15 minutes ago, Bethenny Frankel said:

It's sad but country queens like Kacey, Maren and Kelsea have proved you don't need radio to be successful

kacey is mostly shunned with only one t20 there, but the others have multiple #1s

21 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

Is billboard saying this or is this random Twitter account saying this? They say via billboard but they never post their source. If it’s a billboard article, why didnt you just post that? All I’m seeing is a picture of a radio. In any case, “back to back” is missing from your thread title. 

Chartdata is not random

https://www.billboard.com/pro/country-radio-plays-women-artists-back-to-back-1-percent/

• Thanks 1

Awful. They refuse to promote female country stars on streaming usually, too.

I think part of the problem is that it is difficult for radio programmers to find a country song that is well received by the GP. I mean, Tennessee Orange getting a lot of country airplay, but it's outside the Top 25 of the Hot 100 because the GP just isn't streaming it.

The best hope is for Megan to call up Taylor for a Tennessee Orange remix the week it gets max spins.

:'( I feel I'd be a country fan if this wasn't the case. 

This is why I stopped being a fan of country.  The genre has become very sexist. 

Not surprising tbh.

5 hours ago, byzantium said:

This is why I stopped being a fan of country.  The genre has become very sexist. 

You stopped being a fan of country music because strangers are sexist? You can always just stream and support your favourite female country artists. Why stoop to the level of country radio music DJs and punish female country artists when they're already down?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.