H100: Last Night 7x #1, Calm Down #4, Favorite Song #5, Where She Goes #8

Renan90

Morgan-Wallen-cr-Ryan-Smith-billboard-1548.jpg

Morgan Wallen’s ‘One Thing’ Has Most Weeks at No. 1 for a Country Album in Over 30 Years

Plus: Dave Matthews Band and Ghost debut in top 10.

Morgan Wallen’s One Thing at a Time spends a 12th week in a row, and in total, atop the Billboard 200 albums chart (dated June 3) – the most weeks at No. 1 for a country album in over 30 years. As the album surpasses the 11-week reign of Taylor Swift’s Fearless in 2008-09, Wallen’s set has the most weeks at No. 1 for a country album since Billy Ray Cyrus’ Some Gave All, which notched 17 weeks, all consecutively, atop the list (June 13-Oct. 3, 1992-dated charts). (Country albums are those that have charted on, or are eligible for, Billboard’s Top Country Albums chart.)

One Thing at a Time earned 129,000 equivalent album units in the United States in the week ending May 25 (down 4%), according to Luminate.

One Thing at a Time continues to have the most weeks in a row at No. 1 since the Titanic soundtrack ruled at No. 1 for 16 consecutive weeks in 1998 (its entire run at No. 1, Jan. 24-May 9 of that year). The last album to spend at least 12 weeks in total at No. 1 was Bad Bunny’s Un Verano Sin Ti, which notched 13 nonconsecutive weeks atop the list in May-October 2022.

One Thing at a Time debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart dated March 18 and has yet to yield the top slot. As it has now spent its first 12 weeks at No. 1, One Thing at a Time is just the second album to rule for its first 12 weeks on the chart, after Stevie Wonder’s Songs in the Key of Life logged its first 13 weeks at No. 1 (of a total of 14 weeks in the top slot) in late 1976 and early 1977. (For context, today, it’s common for albums to debut at No. 1. However, before 1991, when the Billboard 200 began utilizing Luminate’s electronically monitored tracking information, only six albums debuted at No. 1, including Songs In the Key of Life.)

Wallen has now spent a total of 22 weeks at No. 1 across his two chart-topping albums (One Thing at a Time, with 12 weeks, and his last album, Dangerous: The Double Album, with 10). Among acts with the most weeks at No. 1 this decade (2020-onwards), Wallen pulls further ahead of the act with the second-most weeks at No. 1 in that span of time – Taylor Swift, with 20.

Notably, Swift’s most recent No. 1, Midnights (which spent five weeks atop the list in late 2022), was reissued in multiple formats on May 26 (on vinyl, CD, digital download and via streaming services), with some iterations containing additional bonus tracks. The sales and streaming impact of those new variations will be reflected on next week’s Billboard 200 chart, dated June 10.

Also in the top 10 of the new Billboard 200 albums chart, Dave Matthews Band earns its 14th top 10-charting effort with the debut of Walk Around the Moon at No. 5. Plus, Ghost logs it fourth top 10, and second in a little over a year, as its new five-song covers set Phantomime bows at No. 7.

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption as measured in equivalent album units, compiled by Luminate. Units comprise album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). Each unit equals one album sale, or 10 individual tracks sold from an album, or 3,750 ad-supported or 1,250 paid/subscription on-demand official audio and video streams generated by songs from an album. The new June 3, 2023-dated chart will be posted in full on Billboard‘s website on May 31 (a day later than usual due to the Memorial Day holiday in the U.S. on May 29). For all chart news, follow @billboard and @billboardcharts on both Twitter and Instagram.

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/morgan-wallen-one-thing-has-most-weeks-number-one-for-a-country-album-in-over-30-years-1235342035/

Billboard 200: #1(=) @MorganWallen, One Thing At A Time 129,000 (2,365,000 units since release). *twelfth week at #1*

Billboard 200: #2(+3) @sza, SOS 77,000 (2,362,000 units since release). *peak: #1 for 10 weeks*

Billboard 200: #3(-1) @taylorswift13, Midnights 58,000 (4,618,000 units since release). *peak: #1 for 5 weeks*

Billboard 200: #4(+2) @MorganWallen, Dangerous: The Double Album 47,000 (6,565,000 units since release). *peak: #1 for 10 weeks*

Billboard 200: #5(new) @davematthewsbnd, Walk Around the Moon 44,000 [5.45 million on-demand streams | 40,000 pure sales].

Billboard 200: #6(+4) @taylorswift13, Lover 38,000 (5,078,000 total units). *peak: #1*

Billboard 200: #7(new) GHOST (@thebandGHOST), Phantomime 36,000 [2.67 million on-demand streams | 34,000 pure sales].

Billboard 200: #8(+4) @lukecombs, Gettin Old 34,000 (424,000 units since release). *peak: #4*

Billboard 200: #9(+2) Bad Bunny (@sanbenito), Un Verano Sin Ti 34,000 (4,195,000 units since release). *peak: #1 for 13 weeks*

Billboard 200: #10(+5) @zachlanebryan, American Heartbreak 32,000 (1,545,000 units since release). *peak: #5* 

morgan-wallen-press-cr-David-Lehr-2022-b

Morgan Wallen’s ‘Last Night’ Leads Billboard Hot 100 for Eighth Week, Bad Bunny’s ‘Where She Goes’ Debuts in Top 10

Plus, Toosii's "Favorite Song" hit the Hot 100's top five.

Morgan Wallen’s “Last Night” adds an eighth week at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart.

Plus, Toosii’s “Favorite Song” reaches the Hot 100’s top five with an 8-5 jump and Bad Bunny’s “Where She Goes” launches at No. 8, becoming his 10th top 10.

The Hot 100 blends all-genre U.S. streaming (official audio and official video), radio airplay and sales data. All charts (dated June 3, 2023) will update on Billboard.com tomorrow (May 31, a day later than usual due to the Memorial Day holiday in the United States May 29). For all chart news, you can follow @billboard and @billboardcharts on both Twitter and Instagram.

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/morgan-wallen-last-night-number-one-eight-weeks-hot-100-bad-bunny-where-she-goes-top-10-1235342339/

Edited by Renan90
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brianc33710

• Ger

• pride4jc1222

• slw84

Lover, the monster that you are :deadbanana2:

Dr. Alexander

It’s the fact that when white people found out he was using racial slurs, they all came together to support him even more and here is the result :rip:

Does anyone understand how evil that is…

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Swift’s former No. 1 Lover jumps 10-6 with 38,000 equivalent album units earned (up 1%). That’s the highest rank for the 2019 set since that December.

a WINNER i'm afraid

34 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

It’s the fact that when white people found out he was using racial slurs, they all came together to support him even more and here is the result :rip:

Kind of crazy when you think about. Like…the literally rallied around him. 

• Like 4

At this point Lover will end up having 30+ weeks in the top 10 :jonny5:

Midnights taking #1 next week and maybe Lover in the top 5 :jonny5:

31 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

Yea some people here love using racial issues for a quick kii/drag but act like this is fine:rip:

OK BB has SOS with 6k albums sold over HDD, 29k v 23k. I wonder what was the difference between the 2 sites numbers?

1 hour ago, Dr. Alexander said:

trump did get over 40 million votes so im not surprised really :deadbanana2:

its the elephant in the room 

Edited by Katamari
  • Like 1

The way four-year old Lover is spending more weeks in the top 10 than most artists newest releases.  

53 minutes ago, Katamari said:

trump did get over 40 million votes so im not surprised really :deadbanana2:

its the elephant in the room 

75 milion

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tili33 said:

75 milion

wasnt sure of the number so i just wanted to play it safe :thing: 

2 hours ago, Dr. Alexander said:

The moment they found out he was saying the N word, he was bound to smash. Anti-Blackness is a global phenomenon in all it's forms I fear.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Alexander said:

Possibly because a) he did not use the slur to a minority b) some have probably done it themselves and would understand the backlash if it were said to a minority c) felt he apologized and moved on since he did not say it to a minority d) some might actually like his music and pull a R. Kelly in the 2000s where people STILL supported his music and decided to "separate the art from the personal life"

any combination of the above stated options probably explain it. Had he said it to a minority I think he'd have less success. He'd still have success but I could see some rationalizing it.

That being said, both albums are in the top 10/5 and I'm not really sure why there is a surprise or a need to keep talking about it every week. If it triggers people so much why not talk about everything BUT it.

I'm still trying to figure out how Taylor can keep slaying with old albums in the top 10?

Are there particular songs sending her old album up the charts or is this the tour effect? I had no idea tours STILL helped album sales in this era.

Kudos to Taylor.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

littlebodybigheart
10 minutes ago, slw84 said:

I'm still trying to figure out how Taylor can keep slaying with old albums in the top 10?

Are there particular songs sending her old album up the charts or is this the tour effect? I had no idea tours STILL helped album sales in this era.

Kudos to Taylor.

cruel summer is smashing and doing 2m+ streams daily. and the album is in the top 10 most streamed albums weekly. combine that with taylor’s already crazy pure sales and there you have it. her tour is definitely the cause for cruel summer’s success though, it’s the opener and it’s a great performance.

5 minutes ago, littlebodybigheart said:

cruel summer is smashing and doing 2m+ streams daily. and the album is in the top 10 most streamed albums weekly. combine that with taylor’s already crazy pure sales and there you have it. her tour is definitely the cause for cruel summer’s success though, it’s the opener and it’s a great performance.

+the matty Healy boost 

• Thumbs Down 3

29 minutes ago, slw84 said:

Possibly because a) he did not use the slur to a minority b) some have probably done it themselves and would understand the backlash if it were said to a minority c) felt he apologized and moved on since he did not say it to a minority d) some might actually like his music and pull a R. Kelly in the 2000s where people STILL supported his music and decided to "separate the art from the personal life"

any combination of the above stated options probably explain it. Had he said it to a minority I think he'd have less success. He'd still have success but I could see some rationalizing it.

That being said, both albums are in the top 10/5 and I'm not really sure why there is a surprise or a need to keep talking about it every week. If it triggers people so much why not talk about everything BUT it.

Kudos to Taylor.

The tour videos are still extremely popular on tiktok.

It really made her whole discography jump with her performing 44 or 45 songs every show. With 2 surprise songs that always get an additional boost after their performance

Its way bigger of an effect than anyone had in the streaming era

1 hour ago, slw84 said:

Kudos to Taylor.

Why are you mansplaining and defending racism? It was a violent and racist outburst and the words came out of his mouth. The most likely scenario is that this was just the time he was caught on camera. And the people supporting him are not hiding why they rallied behind him 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Dr. Alexander said:

5 hours ago, 45seconds said:

Kind of crazy when you think about. Like…the literally rallied around him. 

4 hours ago, Starchild said:

Yea some people here love using racial issues for a quick kii/drag but act like this is fine:rip:

3 hours ago, Namie-Knowles said:

The moment they found out he was saying the N word, he was bound to smash. Anti-Blackness is a global phenomenon in all it's forms I fear.

It definitely contributed to his popularity, as he is a white male in country music, wouldn't work for a white female in pop music for example, but I dont think people are actively listening his album on a daily basis just because he is a racist as all these posts are implying :skull:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

Dr. Alexander
1 hour ago, slw84 said:

It’s absolutely hilarious how naive, or maybe just in-denial that you are. Or maybe just ignorant to how strong and evil racism really is.

Read it and weep:

Wallen’s sales increased 1,220 percent on Wednesday compared to Tuesday, while his song sales were up 327 percent, according to Alpha Data, the data analytics provider that powers the Rolling Stone Charts. And despite being removed from playlists like Today’s Country on Apple Music and Spotify’s Hot Country Songs, his streams did not dip on Wednesday at all. (Wallen’s music remains on the services since his label, Big Loud, has not removed any material.) 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/morgan-wallen-sales-racial-slur-1124242/

25 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

It’s absolutely hilarious how naive, or maybe just in-denial that you are. Or maybe just ignorant to how strong and evil racism really is.

Read it and weep:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/morgan-wallen-sales-racial-slur-1124242/

Yeah his new found popularity IS because of the n word incident and not despite. I still remember how the MAGAs suporting him immediately started to attack hip hop for using the n word in music instead and tried to justify his usage :deadbanana4:

Edited by Wolf Alice
  • Like 2

He looks cute in that picture 

• Thumbs Down 1

Why are you all forgetting that his albums have much moee tracks than any other mainstream singers and that too without any deluxe or anything ( deluxe songs usually don't get much attention from public unless they are viral or anything)

He has over 30+ songs on his standard album 

Dangerous 30 songs

One thing at Time 36 songs

Also yes that controversy helped him to get even more support + country radio supports men like anything 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.