• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Ivan_brit

• unclefloprry

• xicnx

I really hope radio will keep pushing the song harder from now on, it's clearly connecting with the GP at this point.

• Thanks 1

Oh ya could def feel the 3rd gust of Dua-mentum! She's the closest now to '70s and '80s hits w/ her songs and their chart trajectory. Low-ish/so-so debuts then peak months later w/ tons of organic longevity. Crazy how DTN almost identical to DSN, Cold Heart and esp. Levitating (w/radio). US always the most sluggish & belated. She's coming for top 4 on pop possibly by mid week now!

Far as the UK, will it all come down to how much Billie pulls ahead on Spotify during the week? Or will Dua's CD single and iTunes discounts etc...make up the gap/ difference? Seems Billie is losing some wind in her streaming advantage (even when pulling ahead) just w/in the last week or so.

If Dua's Daddy did take over HE'S got mad skills! From what I'm seeing, feel he would've likely pulled DSN and L over the finish line in UK/US when she was thisclose in both markets. Plus, made L (OG) the rapid fire 2nd single instead of BMH.     

I don't think they will push back DL3's lead plans for this. They will probably let this do it's thing and move to the lead, plus a strong presence on pop radio would definitely help the lead from the get go. I think she could easily have two songs doing good at the same time.

• Like 1

omg the radio update, even if it was a 2 days update DTN had the second biggest increase :WAP:

karma is falling on pop radio so this will be top 5 there in 2 days :hippo:

Ya, this is a perfect keeping momentum jam before the 1st new single drops w/ a fresh sound. Obviously, be better if it's past its peak but...w/ Dua who the hell knows when that'll be! lol Between the song being in a blockbuster movie- maybe the biggest of the year she's likely gonna get parabolic buzz/curiosity (Adele-ish level ESP in Europe & Aus./NZ) once word & 411 comes about the 1st single.  Won't matter either way. She's getting=massive hype even if DTN is 1st hitting #1 on US pop radio lol. 

Only a month til streaming? That seems awfully early, as the movie is still making money and who knows whether new releases will delay theirs. 

When it does goes for streaming and an official clip of the dance sequence goes on YT, expect the song to get really viral. I am thinking something like the Thriller dance in 13 Going On 30. A new wedding reception classic. Any chance she can perform it live at the MTV Awards?

5 minutes ago, glacier76 said:

Only a month til streaming? That seems awfully early, as the movie is still making money and who knows whether new releases will delay theirs. 

When it does goes for streaming and an official clip of the dance sequence goes on YT, expect the song to get really viral. I am thinking something like the Thriller dance in 13 Going On 30. A new wedding reception classic. Any chance she can perform it live at the MTV Awards?

She’s never performed there and I don’t think she ever will for some reason

I also think she will do nothing music related until the DL3 era starts, which if that really is this year is for the best

It would be ICONIC if she opened the era at the EMAs again :jonny:

Where do you guys think this will end? 600M? 700M?

Just now, Cloudy said:

What do you mean with ‘end’? It will def cross 1B in the future 

Just now, Cain said:

What do you mean with ‘end’? It will def cross 1B in the future 

You think? I don't really follow the charts/streams climate anymore but it would be incredible to add another 1B song to the list

45 minutes ago, jamiko1230 said:

Far as the UK, will it all come down to how much Billie pulls ahead on Spotify during the week? Or will Dua's CD single and iTunes discounts etc...make up the gap/ difference? Seems Billie is losing some wind in her streaming advantage (even when pulling ahead) just w/in the last week or so.

If Dua's Daddy did take over HE'S got mad skills! From what I'm seeing, feel he would've likely pulled DSN and L over the finish line in UK/US when she was thisclose in both markets. Plus, made L (OG) the rapid fire 2nd single instead of BMH.     

I highly doubt billie is a threat. She will probably surpass Dua in the next two spotify updates but the gap between them week to week had been looking better for Dua each week; and so she’s probably going to be above billie after those updates anyways; and those will be the biggest updates of the week anyways. We’re also still ahead on AM, iTunes and with the CDs it should make for a considerable lead. If nothing crazy happens then I’m pretty confident this has the #1 in the bag

and yeah her dad took over. I do hope he also can push her in those early weeks with more promo but it’s such a difference already that he’s pushing this song when it’s close to getting a new peak :deadbanana: TAP wasn’t horrible obviously but it was always puzzling to see them not pull through during the most critical moments

Edited by Navyofbadgals
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Cloudy said:

You think? I don't really follow the charts/streams climate anymore but it would be incredible to add another 1B song to the list

Def! It’s been holding up pretty nicely. If BMH has crossed 1B; this will cross it even easier

1 hour ago, Cloudy said:

If Lizzo can hit 700M with About Damn Time, Dua can DEFINITIVELY do it and even surpass it with DTN.

31 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

I highly doubt billie is a threat. She will probably be surpass Dua in the next two spotify updates but the gap between them week to week had been looking better for Dua each week; and so she’s probably going to be above billie after those updates anyways; and those will be the biggest updates of the week anyways. We’re also still ahead on AM, iTunes and with the CDs it should make for a considerable lead. If nothing crazy happens then I’m pretty confident this has the #1 in the bag

and yeah her dad took over. I do hope he also can push her in those early weeks with more promo but it’s such a difference already that he’s pushing this song when it’s close to getting a new peak :deadbanana: TAP wasn’t horrible obviously but it was always puzzling to see them not pull through during the most critical moments

When they released digital Levitating singles halfway through the week after the collective fanbase tried to alert them :skull: the bar was in hell

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

I def see this being another 1B streamed song for her :gayalipacat4:

8 minutes ago, Cain said:

When they released digital Levitating singles halfway through the week after the collective fanbase tried to alert them :skull: the bar was in hell

rose-mcgowan-a-nightmare.gif

42 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

This is pacing for at least 500m streams by the end of the year at its current pace.

22 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Anyone else seen the Hereditary (movie) edit? :lmao:

omg no :jonny2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.