Dr Luke named Songwriter of the year by ASCAP

Nini

5 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

What label? The paper entity whose CEO he ceased to be 6 years ago and which is carried by three artists who all work there involuntarily?

I literally claimed none of these things and it takes a severe lack of reading comprehension to arrive at any of these conclusions.

Absolutely outrageous propaganda about which I'm sadly not surprised.

You should take a dictionary and look up the words "defamation" and "lie". It tells you that defamation applies to false statements causing reputational damage which by default has to apply to (alleged) perpetrators of a crime and not victims to be logically consistent. It also tells you that the word "lie" means making a false statement maliciously which is the exact opposite of sending a private text message in good faith whose underlying facts you believe to be true based on information from third parties.

Falsity and malice are two separate elements of a defamation claim and just because Luke was able to prove falsity, that doesn't mean he can prove malice too and unless there is a decision to the contrary, it is factually incorrect to say Kesha "lied".

When you sign a recording contract, you agree to produce and release a certain amount of music. If you work there involuntarily or not, you chose to sign a deal. Those labels invest tens of millions of dollars in their artists to develop them. 

You literally stated in your argument "no big name in pop wants to work with him so now he does hiphop / r&b and those people are sometimes just as problematic" or something similar to that, generalizing hiphop acts and making it seem that pop is unreachable so he now can only rely on working with people that are "problematic"... so hip hop artists? Just an odd thing to say imo. 

What i said isn't propaganda. You can not go around and state things that never took place to anyone about anyone. Which is why a judge thankfully ruled in the favor of Dr. Luke that Kesha DID defame him by spreading false information. Didn't she also say that Dr. Luke offered her her "freedom" and would drop the charges if she retracted her statements? And her saying something about the truth not being able to be retracted. That is something Dr. Luke revealed never to have happened before and Kesha again lacked the proper documentation to back up those claims too.

It is so obvious there is malice involved when you continuously state false and inherently defamatory information you don't even think through wether real or not. You can still defame someone with malicious intend when sending messages as well. Especially when you spread those messages to very notable people in the music industry, a work environment he is still a part of. But I guess that is why Kesha abandoned her meritless case against Dr. Luke and Dr. Luke looks forward to his defamation case against Kesha. 

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alfred

• gettsleazy

• SmittenCake

• KatyPrismSpirit

29 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

When you sign a recording contract, you agree to produce and release a certain amount of music. If you work there involuntarily or not, you chose to sign a deal. Those labels invest tens of millions of dollars in their artists to develop them. 

You literally stated in your argument "no big name in pop wants to work with him so now he does hiphop / r&b and those people are sometimes just as problematic" or something similar to that, generalizing hiphop acts and making it seem that pop is unreachable so he now can only rely on working with people that are "problematic"... so hip hop artists? Just an odd thing to say imo. 

What i said isn't propaganda. You can not go around and state things that never took place to anyone about anyone. Which is why a judge thankfully ruled in the favor of Dr. Luke that Kesha DID defame him by spreading false information. Didn't she also say that Dr. Luke offered her her "freedom" and would drop the charges if she retracted her statements? And her saying something about the truth not being able to be retracted. That is something Dr. Luke revealed never to have happened before and Kesha again lacked the proper documentation to back up those claims too.

It is so obvious there is malice involved when you continuously state false and inherently defamatory information you don't even think through wether real or not. You can still defame someone with malicious intend when sending messages as well. Especially when you spread those messages to very notable people in the music industry, a work environment he is still a part of. But I guess that is why Kesha abandoned her meritless case against Dr. Luke and Dr. Luke looks forward to his defamation case against Kesha. 

:clap3:

3 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

What i said isn't propaganda.

Yes, it is.

You can not go around and state things that never took place to anyone about anyone.

She literally didn't "go around" anywhere, total nonsense.

Which is why a judge thankfully ruled in the favor of Dr. Luke that Kesha DID defame him by spreading false information.

Again, falsity ≠ malice.

That is something Dr. Luke revealed never to have happened before and Kesha again lacked the proper documentation to back up those claims too.

He never "revealed" anything and presented zero evidence that that was not the case.

you don't even think through wether real or not.

That is called "reckless disregard for the truth" and absolutely is not the same thing as malice.

You can still defame someone with malicious intend when sending messages as well.

That is something that needs to be proven and there is zero basis whatsoever to conclude that Kesha sending a private text message to one person referencing a familiar story both heard before is a malicious action meant to harm Dr. Luke's reputation.

He'll never ever be able to prove malice for that at trial.

specially when you spread those messages to very notable people in the music industry, a work environment he is still a part of.

One person who was already familiar with the content, not "people".

But I guess that is why Kesha abandoned her meritless case against Dr. Luke

No, it's not.

• Like 5

You just can't keep talentry down like that, I fear.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

It’s weird that he was picked when there have been other songwriters this year with more and bigger hits than Luke… but I guess reading the article, radio airplay plays a big part. And Luke songs always get insane radio support

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.