The Writing's On The Wall Best Single?

Materialboy215

48 minutes ago, KLatz said:

Love all of them, but it has to be Say My Name. What a stellar, timeless track! :smitten:

The way this era could've had two more smashes with So Good and Temptation. Ugh, they really served on TWOTW :jonny5:

Confessions could have definitely been a hit looking back I'm surprised a 5th single didn't happen, as all of the singles took off and went Top 10 except for BAB.

Bug-a-boo :jonny5:

2 hours ago, Materialboy215 said:

Peaked at no.3 on The Hot 100

at age 17 Olivia Rodrigo was singing about getting her drivers license

…and at age 17 Beyoncé was singing about Jumpin with the ballers in the club ….  :psyduck:

Say My Name and it’s not even close. It’s just a shame Toya and Latavia weren’t in the video but their contributions to the song were also stellar.

3 hours ago, HïFidelity said:

Say My Name and it’s not even close. It’s just a shame Toya and Latavia weren’t in the video but their contributions to the song were also stellar.

LeToya got dat writing credit and Grammy to show for it 

7 hours ago, Hallad173 said:

Bills, Bills, Bills. That breakdown and the harmonies are everything to this day. 

Yo, Billsx3 is my favorite single mainly for that reason. I even have to listen to the a capella version every once in a while. They damn near sound like a whole choir. A group of teenaged girls did THAT. If you were a black singer in R&B back in the day and didn't grow up in church choir/school chorous learning how to harmonize then you were not doing it. It's one of the elements I miss about mainstream R&B. 

Also, Bills has a sentimental reason for being my fav Writing's single. I think it was the first ever music video I remember consciously seeing. It put me square in front of the TV watching music videos all day, I can't remember if it was BET or MTV, but I was never the same again after that Summer. You know the famous scene in Wizard of Oz where Dorothy steps out of black and white and into the technicolor world? That was me in 1999. I increasingly became obsessed with popular music and pop culture, especially concerning the artists that looked like me and to a little girl black, also from Texas, Destiny's Child became everything.

Edited by Soda Pop Queen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.