Based On A True Story | Kaley Cuoco & Chris Messina Peacock series June 8th!

Hector

Only Murders In The Building, but put in the West Coast:

The dark comedic thriller from executive producers Craig Rosenberg (The Boys) and Jason Bateman (Ozark) follows “a realtor, a former tennis star and a plumber who seize a unique opportunity to capitalize on America’s obsession with true crime,” according to the official logline.

Cuoco (The Flight Attendant) stars as Ava Bartlett, alongside Chris Messina (The Mindy Project) and Tom Bateman (Behind Her Eyes), who play Nathan Bartlett and Matt Pierce, respectively. The cast also includes Liana Liberato (Light as a Feather) as Tory, Natalia Dyer (Stranger Things) as Chloe and Priscilla Quintana (Good Trouble) as Ruby.

“Over the last decade, a true crime phenomenon has swept over America,” Rosenberg, who also serves as showrunner, creator and writer, said about his inspiration for the series in April. “Podcasts, documentaries, fictional shows based on true stories – they dominate the culture. Murderers have become celebrities and celebrities have become murderers which inspired me to create this show.”

He added: “I became fascinated with the idea of a relatable married couple whose youthful dreams hadn’t come to fruition and who saw the true crime tidal wave as an opportunity to change their lives and save their marriage. Our Los Angeles setting – the city where everybody wants to be famous – became a vivid backdrop to our story of fame, ambition, aspiration and murder.”

Looks interesting at least. And daddy Chris Messina :clap3: 

• 3 weeks later...
  • ATRL Administrator

It's nothing like OMITB :x

• 2 weeks later...

Binged this over the weekend.

For as messy and predictable as it was, I enjoyed it.

Watched the whole thing this weekend. Was average. Reminded me of that mini series with a ridiculously long title about the window. It's a comedy murder mystery. The two male leads were so hot! One of the has done full frontal nudity before :gaycat1:

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.