Kim Petras - 'Feed the Beast'

kyliefever2002

That trashy Guardian article, what are those losers writing. "Hyperpop"? Huh? :toofunny3: Them stuffing up the embargo, honestly.

Anyway whatever, we know this isn't a pure Kim's vision album it's a "WE MUST GET A STREAMING HIT ALL COSTS WE HAVE INVESTED TOO MUCH MONEY IN YOU!" album so she is trying to appease the "beast" while keeping a shred of her artistic integrity. I actually think she's walked the tight rope splendidly. "Alone" is not a very Kim Petras song in many respects. The chorus is unlike her.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• #Beautiful

• OmegaRidley

• GardenPanty

I know Kim stans are trying to defend this project by saying this isn't the album Kim didn't want to make, Republic just wants a hit, etc. They might not be wrong, but at the end of the day, this is a body of work that Kim is releasing and calling her debut album. If an album has to come with qualifiers, it's probably not a great album, which Feed the Beast is. 

Listen, I'm in the minority of people that thinks Clarity is probably Kim's best album and is actually pretty decent. Aside from Sex Talk (which everyone hates, but I don't get it-- it's the only song that's not try-hard and super fun), Revelations, and possibly Claws and Minute, there's nothing here I'd listen to again. Alone would've been decent if she didn't go the trap-route with the verses. People have a right to be disappointed after waiting for Problematique after The Future Starts Now dropped, which was pretty decent, then the album l-worded and wasn't high art but was fun, and then she drops a super mid album with a mid lead single. 

Hopefully after this album, whether she releases another album or Problematique, I hope it's a lot better than this. 

Edited by zasderfght
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, zasderfght said:

I know Kim stans are trying to defend this project by saying this isn't the album Kim didn't want to make, Republic just wants a hit, etc. They might not be wrong, but at the end of the day, this is a body of work that Kim is releasing and calling her debut album. If an album has to come with qualifiers, it's probably not a great album, which Feed the Beast is. 

Listen, I'm in the minority of people that thinks Clarity is probably Kim's best album and is actually pretty decent. Aside from Sex Talk (which everyone hates, but I don't get it-- it's the only song that's not try-hard and super fun), Revelations, and possibly Claws and Minute, there's nothing here I'd listen to again. Alone would've been decent if she didn't go the trap-route with the verses. People have a right to be disappointed after waiting for Problematique after The Future Starts Now dropped, which was pretty decent, then the album l-worded and wasn't high art but was fun, and then she drops a super mid album with a mid lead single. 

Hopefully after this album, whether she releases another album or Problematique, I hope it's a lot better than this. 

So just because you personally wouldn't listen to it again it's a bad album ? :rip: 

Some of y'all need to get a grip, we have the right to enjoy the album as fans. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

so many artists have duds on their albums - so i'm not too sure why we're expecting every song on the album to be absolute perfection? Dua still released that wack ass boys will be boys song. Also, the article claiming the album to be hyperpop just tells me everything i need to know, how can you be a music journalist and not even know what you're talking about?

claws and king of hearts are flawless from start to finish, argue with the wall :celestial2:

Edited by Gyal
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Tropical said:

That trashy Guardian article, what are those losers writing. "Hyperpop"? Huh? :toofunny3: Them stuffing up the embargo, honestly.

Anyway whatever, we know this isn't a pure Kim's vision album it's a "WE MUST GET A STREAMING HIT ALL COSTS WE HAVE INVESTED TOO MUCH MONEY IN YOU!" album so she is trying to appease the "beast" while keeping a shred of her artistic integrity. I actually think she's walked the tight rope splendidly. "Alone" is not a very Kim Petras song in many respects. The chorus is unlike her.

the chorus is pure blue balls and Kim's songs normally have bombastic choruses

4 hours ago, OmegaRidley said:

So just because you personally wouldn't listen to it again it's a bad album ? :rip: 

And no one is saying you can’t enjoy the album. 

Also, typically, yes. If you like something, you’ll revisit it again. If you don’t like something, you probably won’t. Isn’t that like… common sense? 

I like the album overall, but she really does suffer from a lack of creative direction and vision. That's one area where the label should be helping her imo. The spray-and-pray single releases did her no favors at all.

That said, some of the highlights for me (King of Hearts, Castle in the Sky) are giving Ava Max leftovers:celestial5:

It's just wild to me that the creative vision was so strong at first.

Era 1, TOTL, Clarity and even **** Pop were extremely cohesive and belong to their respective world. 

This new Kim is all over the place and that's ENTIRELY on the label and not her. She had it before, the only thing that changed was the label. 

that king of hearts performance was so hot :flame:

8 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

New serve

Fy_9Z-mXwAsjSAZ.png

Every photo from this shoot would make a better album cover than the one they chose :gaycat6:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Indie said:

Every photo from this shoot would make a better album cover than the one they chose :gaycat6:

I love the actual cover tbh it's pretty striking.

15 minutes ago, Indie said:

I agree. The same annoying fans that will praise every little thing Kim does like it’s going to save the planet will say we’re haters and we should be grateful, but yeah, I’m not the biggest fan of the album cover. And I agree— this photo would make a better album cover. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Idk why but the lighting in the whole photoshoot just looks cheap. Too much exposure I feel

Your Time To Cry is a SMASH waiting to happen

7 hours ago, OmegaRidley said:

And others have the right not to, it goes both ways. You're always so offended at any ounce of criticism towards THIS album, as if it even was worth rooting for it that much to begin with... Enjoy that compilation and make abstraction of any negativity towards it, it's not something complicated or hard to do. :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, Indie said:

My thoughts exactly. All of the promo shots featuring scars, yet they didn't bother editing one on the album cover... We love inconsistency!

I can't believe we're about to get the first full length project from Kim since 2019 this friday :WAP:

I am so hyped :WAP:

• Like 2

I love the album cover and for me it’s the most obvious pic for it tbh. I think it’s simple but effective, just a basic beauty shot but it works

I like the shoot so far too but I would like a full body pic with the chains around her. Glory teas but it would be a serve :bunny:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Enigmanotta said:

And others have the right not to, it goes both ways. You're always so offended at any ounce of criticism towards THIS album, as if it even was worth rooting for it that much to begin with... Enjoy that compilation and make abstraction of any negativity towards it, it's not something complicated or hard to do. :deadbanana4:

My thoughts exactly. All of the promo shots featuring scars, yet they didn't bother editing one on the album cover... We love inconsistency!

You’re the one to talk lmao 

You’ve been nothing but negative towards Kim since FSN to the point where a lot of us questionned you multiple times why you’re even posting in here anymore :rip:

You downvote every single comment I make defending her music yet I am the one who’s not making abstraction ? Please

I never said that people don’t have the right to dislike the album, but I will defend Kim from people who stan talentless puppets like Dua because it’s hypocrisy. If you have a problem with that then it’s a personal problem dear. I am not the one disguising myself as a fan to hate on a popstar :redface:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Supervillain said:

New serve

Fy_9Z-mXwAsjSAZ.png

This shot is pretty but I feel like she has a droopy face (especially around the mouth area). 

I still think the OG cover is the best (alongside the one when she holds the sword, hopefully they’ll use that one for vinyls)

2 minutes ago, OmegaRidley said:

You’re the one to talk lmao 

You’ve been nothing but negative towards Kim since FSN to the point where a lot of us questionned you multiple times why you’re even posting in here anymore :rip:

You downvote every single comment I make defending her music yet I am the one who’s not making abstraction ? Please

I never said that people don’t have the right to dislike the album, but I will defend Kim from people who stan talentless puppets like Dua because it’s hypocrisy. If you have a problem with that then it’s a personal problem dear. I am not the one disguising myself as a fan to hate on a popstar :redface:

Kim Petras is the definition of talentless puppet who's not even ashamed of working with a s*xual abuser, should be lucky to be even mentioned in a same sentence with Dua...:coffee2:

• Thumbs Down 2

She recently said she’s going to announce the tour soon

Hopefully she’ll come to Europe again so I can experience good live VOCALS, not everyone has that :WAP:

Exactly like i said days ago, she's doing 3 songs from FTB and 1 old one

It's probably Heart to Break, Alone, King of Hearts and maybe Thousand Pieces/Minute since she said it'll be a live debut and these are the most appropriate songs for her to perform on a morning show. She also said it won't be Claws and i was wondering of Bait if she decides to bring Banks with her