Kim Petras - 'Feed the Beast'

kyliefever2002

11 minutes ago, Breathin said:

Normally when a phone is next to big speakers and is recording, it picks up the bass much more so the beat feels INSANE. So if this was your introduction, the studio version will deffo feel different.

I remember that happening with Be Alright (Ariana), everyone was expecting this uptempo banger based on the snippet, but alas, an uptempo banger it was not. :jonny6:

DONT LISTEN TO SNIPPETS/TEASERS LIVE 😆

On a separate note, why don’t they mix songs with bass boosted like this? It sounds so epic so why can’t it be done with streaming versions?!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• #Beautiful

• OmegaRidley

• GardenPanty

Just now, nathanspears said:

On a separate note, why don’t they mix songs with bass boosted like this? It sounds so epic so why can’t it be done with streaming versions?!

From a mixing standpoint it sounds muddy. If you have good speakers you’ll feel the bass properly

20 minutes ago, Breathin said:

Normally when a phone is next to big speakers and is recording, it picks up the bass much more so the beat feels INSANE. So if this was your introduction, the studio version will deffo feel different.

I remember that happening with Be Alright (Ariana), everyone was expecting this uptempo banger based on the snippet, but alas, an uptempo banger it was not. :jonny6:

DONT LISTEN TO SNIPPETS/TEASERS LIVE 😆

Omg i remember being so pressed when be alright was released and it didn’t sound as boppy as the live.

Edited by Twilish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

The gag is if Dua released this album it would be acclaimed, y’all just hate because it’s Kim but wbk that already. Dance the Night is dated trash but this forum pretends it’s pop perfection so :mandown:

Exactly lmao

that insider was creaming himself on Dance The Night away like it isn’t some kind of reject from Problématique :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The pannings by critics have started already I see… :skull:

1 minute ago, Bicassie said:

The pannings by critics have started already I see… :skull:

i’m already accepting the 5.0 from pitchfork

guardian calling this hyper pop :deadbanana4:

4 minutes ago, Queen Of Slay said:

guardian calling this hyper pop :deadbanana4:

That was my immediate thought as well, this is not hyperpop. I hate how overused that term is now :skull:

1 hour ago, GardenPanty said:

The gag is if Dua released this album it would be acclaimed, y’all just hate because it’s Kim but wbk that already. Dance the Night is dated trash but this forum pretends it’s pop perfection so :mandown:

They also called that atrocious song with Megan Thee Stallion a surefire smash hit :rip:

Thats why I don’t even take it seriously 

14 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

i’m already accepting the 5.0 from pitchfork

Right…it’s what Republic deserves for ruining Kim :coffee2:

I just feel bad for Kim since her vision and creative control led her to acclaim with her first projects! It’s clear that she hasn’t been making any of the decisions for this project and that she simply wasn’t allowed to fully go where she wanted to go musically. :chick1:

Lmao a 60 is not even that bad and the Guardian review wasn’t all negative. About Last Night by Mabel also opened with a 40 with a review completely tearing her apart only for the album to end up above the 70s on Metacritic. It’s only one review.

There’s always some positive reviews too and there will be a few more negative ones. My guess is around mid 60s - 70s much like every other pop album

And anyways, even if it ends with a 80 or a 50, who tf cares :rip: I listen to the music not music scores 

Edited by Lady Claire

40 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

Right…it’s what Republic deserves for ruining Kim :coffee2:

I just feel bad for Kim since her vision and creative control led her to acclaim with her first projects! It’s clear that she hasn’t been making any of the decisions for this project and that she simply wasn’t allowed to fully go where she wanted to go musically. :chick1:

I mean republic interfering gave us Minute, King of Hearts, Claws, CITS, and uhoh so i can’t be mad :mandown:

43 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

I mean republic interfering gave us Minute, King of Hearts, Claws, CITS, and uhoh so i can’t be mad :mandown:

You might’ve spilled :mandown:

1 hour ago, GardenPanty said:

Yeah but they are also responsible for this having a horrid tracklist and it being this weird playlist/uncohesive mess… :lakitu:

Like the potential was definitely there if they just didn’t make the album so sloppy with these creative choices. The material was there for the most part but they should’ve tweaked and fine tuned it more for optimal reception.

Edited by Bicassie

3 hours ago, GardenPanty said:

That's not true though....no-one was praising dtn lol. Everyone was saying that it was just a fun song that was borderline mid...what? 💀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

She’s not even close to matching scrapped demos and rejects, even made with the same people :dies:

Side note - I only had tea on Problematique, because Kim desperately wanted Dua on the album

Were there any particular songs she wanted Dua on or was it just a general idea to have her on the album?

28 minutes ago, likefoxesdo said:

Were there any particular songs she wanted Dua on or was it just a general idea to have her on the album?

They initially sent Your Time To Cry and Problematique (the audacity tbh?), but of course she was open to Dua picking anything and that would be a single

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

They initially sent Your Time To Cry and Problematique (the audacity tbh?), but of course she was open to Dua picking anything and that would be a single

dua on your time to cry would've ate tbh...

Problematique >>>>

First listen didn't really catch my attention except for Claws and HIFTB and Revelations but this two are from Problematique... 

I will wait for the official release to listen to it again.

Who cares about its Metacritic score, it’s a miracle this album is actually even going to be released. :rip:

• Like 2

Now i pretty much enjoy Problématique and FTB equally, but obviously as a whole body of work Problématique works better bc it's cohesive and was made before her signing with Republic, which means it was solely her vision and on the same standard of her previous projects (which were all cohesive).

FTB was 50% her vision and the other half it was what Republic asked her to do, which is why you can tell there's a certain concept behind but some songs doesn't really fit on it and probably wouldn't be on it if it was up to Kim, but it is what it is. Just consider this as a collection of fun bops for the summer and enjoy it. That's what i do with other non-cohesive carefree pop albums by other girlies out there.

Also it was already teased by her management that she'll be releasing more singles and EPs, which i think it'll be pretty much old-fashioned Kim and will bring more cohesive projects. Hopefully TOTL 3 is one of them (we know it will)

ezgif-4-53b4c8c37e.thumb.gif.4aac5e1bab4

4 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

This tells me that they were originally eyeing those for potential single releases which honestly makes perfect sense to me :mandown: