Kim Petras - 'Feed the Beast'

kyliefever2002

Ok now that i sat down to listen to it, my track-by-track impressions:

Feed the Beast - I love the final mix! I was scared it would sound weird opening the album but it does sounds like an intro on it. It's pretty catchy and it was so fun listening to it since i already know the lyrics. It reminds me of Clarity (the track): an intro-ish song that leads to the album's main single right after.

Alone - I've always enjoyed this song and i can totally understand why they went with it as the lead, even before Nicki jumped on it. It's pure fun and i love the sample used on it. Some people might hate it, but i loved it. I'll replace it with the extended version, it sounds like a fuller song

King of Hearts - Banger banger banger! Glad they cut off the cringy Euphoria intro and just went for the hard beat. It's very The Prodigy which she said she was heavily inspired for this album. It'll go off at the clubs :flame:

Thousand Pieces - This song is literally a Clarity track and i'm not complaining. The lyrics are pretty nice and most likely personal to her, which i love. It reminds me a lot of Broken, an enjoyable trapish emo-midtempo.

Uhoh - I loved the demo for this one but the final mix is so... noisy and messy? Sounds like there's so much going on at the same time and it's just pure noise. And they literally removed the elements i loved the most on the demo (when she repeats the 1st verse over the chorus beat and the outro) :deadbanana4: I think this one will be a grower once we have the iTunes Plus/HQ quality.

Revelations - It sounds the same but somehow the beat is hitting harder? Idk if it was remastered but it's hitting harder. It's definitely cuter than ever like she said.

Bait - Ummm idk. It's not offensively bad but it's not a song i'll listen on loop. I think it should be elevated with visuals or a nice performance. It also sounds just like the demo but with the chorus repeated at the end + clean lyrics.

Sex Talk - It's the exact same. It was a filler on Problématique, it's a filler here.

Hit It From the Back - The fact it's the exact same too but just cut short is borderline homophobic :biblio: No ma'am we're using the 3:01 version in here. A bop and now a classic on her catalog regardless

Claws - It's amazing but i think i prefer the demo 2 over this one and the 1st mix that leaked. I think i'll just need to get used to it though, the beat is so good :jonny5: banger banger banger

Minute - The best song on the album and one of her best songs ever. I missed her soft songs so much and i love the production on it :weeps: even if the album was trash it would be worth it just bc of this one. Lovely bop

Coconuts - Sorry but :bibliahh: it has NO business anywhere on this album, it doesn't fit lyrically, sonically, not even at how it's placed on the tracklist. I even cackled when Minute ended and Coconuts started playing, a shuffled mess. It's too Problématique-coded and it belongs there, not here at all. I love the song though

Castle in the Sky - A bop and i love knowing her influences for it. It should've been longer and earlier on the tracklist though. The fact it's coming right after Coconuts is so funny to me i can't

Brrr - Another bop and it fits well between CITS and Unholy.

• Like 1

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• #Beautiful

• OmegaRidley

• GardenPanty

The tracklist i’m gonna be using:

1. Feed The Beast

2. Alone

3. King Of Hearts

4. Thousand Pieces

5. If Jesus Was A Rockstar 

6. Castle In The Sky

7. Uh OH

8. Claws

9. Minute

10. Brrr

11. Bait

12. Unholy

If Try Again ever leaks i’ll just add it right before or after Minute :coffee2:

They really should’ve kept the Problématique tracks off this project/concept :lakitu:

Edited by Bicassie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bicassie said:

The tracklist i’m gonna be using:

1. Feed The Beast

2. Alone

3. King Of Hearts

4. Thousand Pieces

5. If Jesus Was A Rockstar 

6. Uh OH

7. Claws

8. Minute

9. Brrr

10. Bait

11. Unholy

If Try Again ever leaks i’ll just add it right before or after Minute :coffee2:

They really should’ve kept the Problématique tracks off this project/concept :lakitu:

No Castle In The Sky?

I wanna wait for the release date ‘cause I’m having a lot of hype lately about this.

All I’m gonna say is that by reading what some of you said and hearing the snippet of King of Hearts this album is shaping up to have way stronger highlights than Problématique. It may be less cohesive but King of Hearts alone, honestly, kinda washes away her entire discography post Clarity (and Claws too, so that’s already two major highlights).

I’m glad they kept IJWAR off of this, horrid song

• Like 2

Minute is beautiful (and BAIT is trash) :heart2:

I would change the tracklist order but i think it'll take a few more listens for me to figure it out. Try Again should've been there instead of Coconuts and if they wanted to include Coconuts so badly it should've been a bonus track like Unholy.

Overall i think lyrically this album is better than Problématique (it has songs about love, partying, sex, heartbreak and so on while Problématique was pretty much about nothing) but overall it falls behind Clarity and Problématique for me. If we consider this is suposed to be her mainstream debut i understand why it had to be a mixed bag though.

ezgif-4-53b4c8c37e.thumb.gif.4aac5e1bab4

i will definitely rearrange the entire tracklist i just need to sit with it a while longer to decide what im keeping on it

Sex Talk is so boring they should’ve put Try Again instead :redface:

It's not as bad as **** Pop but my god, not her debut albums also being her worst album. 

I hate that I'm not feeling this Ava Max-ification of Kims art. 

Kim's best major label debut album

1. Future Starts Now

2. All She Wants (feat. Paris Hilton)

3. Confession

4. Alone (feat. Nicki Minaj)

5. Coconuts

6. Hit It From the Back

7. Sex Talk

8. Revelations

9. Deeper

10. Born Again

11. Minute

12. Dirty Things

13. Je T'adore (Vaughn Oliver mix)

14. King of Hearts

15. Thousand Pieces

16. brrr

17. Ur Time To Cry

18. Claws
19. Uh Oh

20. Castle In The Sky
21. Problématique

I hope she performs an acoustic version of Minute during her tour, it would be lovely :smitten:

She would go awf with the notes too

1 hour ago, Whis said:

No Castle In The Sky?

Forgot about that one lemme add lol

These album is going to sound SO good when we get in in HQ because a lot of the noise is from the low bitrate this **** L worded in :weeps:

20 seconds into minute and i actually can start to forgive her for leaving try again off cause WOW i am floored :jonny6:

Minute is so good but you can tell this was plucked right from Griff‘s vault :deadbanana: if Kim wrote it there would be a line about how she wants her lover to stay so she can suck his d**k one more time

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

Hit It From the Back - The fact it's the exact same too but just cut short is borderline homophobic :biblio: No ma'am we're using the 3:01 version in here. A bop and now a classic on her catalog regardless

What parts did she cut?

5 minutes ago, Boysdontcry said:

What parts did she cut?

The chorus is repeated less times, it was edited. Imagine a song playing on a TV show where they edit some bits to make it shorter? It sounds just like this

It definitely made the song less repetitive but sounds like something is missing anyways

Great Tier
Minute

Thousand Pieces
Claws

King of Hearts
Revelations

Hit It from the Back (the 3:01 version)

Feed the Beast

Good Tier

Alone

brrr

Castle in the Sky

Unholy

Meh Tier

uhoh

Bait

Trash Tier

Sex Talk

Idk where to put Coconuts bc for me it doesn't even belong here. As a song itself it would've been on Great tier but on the album's context is around Meh/trash tier :skull:

24 minutes ago, Boysdontcry said:

What parts did she cut?

The chorus was cut in half

I just can’t believe they settled on that vocal take for Thousand Pieces … like she needed to sound much softer