Kim Petras - 'Feed the Beast'

kyliefever2002

Why is All She Wants not on this ??? I’m MAD. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• #Beautiful

• OmegaRidley

• GardenPanty

educated-guessing this is gonna be her worst album. i know there’ll be great songs but wbk it’s gonna be a bad project comparing to her other bodies of work 

it’s unfortunate that hit it from the back and revelations leaked as part of problematique cause her core fans will associate it with that project, diluting this album  

coconuts is my leasts favourite song of hers, surely streams can’t be that good to really want it included here? it also belongs in the problematique universe

nonetheless i’m excited for the bops and hope it skyrockets her 

I don't think the album will be bad, just not cohesive. From what i noticed, Kim wanted to do a more personal album and include some references from Germany, techno and europop music, as well experiment with other genres with a darker mood. We'll get this on some songs but with others not as much, bc of Republic's influence.

All of her projects were pretty cohesive, even Problématique sounded a whole world on its own, but FTB is more messy bc it has to do some numbers on the charts. I wish we could had the album she probably had in mind but anyways. Since she already said she's doing what the label wants, i won't be surprised if she ends up dragging FTB on her next album cycle and claim that it actually wasn't what she wanted.

ezgif-4-53b4c8c37e.thumb.gif.4aac5e1bab4

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alfred said:

The contradiction :deadbanana2: I think what's cohesive is that all the songs will BOP, regardless of their tone/genre/etc. 

Part of me feels that she still hasn't fully recovered from that dark place. :chick3: Not to be a downer... but atp i think she just does what's asked of her by the label. Her energy onstage (at the Miami show) lately has been super low. They only gave her 4 dancers for that set. I wonder if she still feels bitter about Problematique being scrapped and/or Alone not smashing and is just over it. 

I do believe the whole album being scrapped really discouraged her, I secretly feel like she regrets signing to a major label because everything now has to be approved by them. I’m sure she just wants this album to drop so she can begin on her next project.

Edited by Carlitos
  • Like 2

i actually think this will be her best album in terms of tracks we go back to, the replay value.

who cares anymore what its gonna be like at this point. we know half the songs and they slap. the album will do what it supposed to do. shes not going for ray of light's wig, we're here for the fun. lowkey cant wait to get this rollout over with. its been awful

9 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

I don't think the album will be bad, just not cohesive. From what i noticed, Kim wanted to do a more personal album and include some references from Germany, techno and europop music, as well experiment with other genres with a darker mood. We'll get this on some songs but with others not as much, bc of Republic's influence.

All of her projects were pretty cohesive, even Problématique sounded a whole world on its own, but FTB is more messy bc it has to do some numbers on the charts. I wish we could had the album she probably had in mind but anyways. Since she already said she's doing what the label wants, i won't be surprised if she ends up dragging FTB on her next album cycle and claim that it actually wasn't what she wanted.

ffffff in before feed the beast doesn't count as her debut album anymore to her once its out and the next album on a new label is the real debut album jddjsjsjsj

spacer.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Carlitos said:

I’m sure she just wants this album to drop so she can begin on her next project.

Good luck getting a new album with Repiblic getting released before 2026

spacer.png

Uh Oh, Claws, Castle In The Sky, King Of Hearts, Bait, Hit It From The Back, Revelations… 

Smash after smash. Album of the year is coming.

when you touch my body i hear the angels sing

spacer.png

when you touch my body i see eternity

spacer.png

Dirty dances lead to second chances 

In the dark baby there’s a silver living 

Cause it brought you right into me

in my arms is where you could be

I better see a deluxe coming with this smash on it Ms

Petras :monkey:

THERE'S A CASTLE IN SKYYY 

spacer.png

And we're getting closer 

spacer.png

She should've dropped Uhoh this week... she'll be performing at Governors Ball tomorrow and Germany's Next Top Model next week, so it would be nice to have something new out right before the album. But anyways

3 hours ago, Saint James said:

are we expecting this to chart in germany? do they use her music?

No. Nobody knows her here. 

I'm not sure but I think she is way more known in the US. Kim was in a lot of TV Shows here around the late 00s, early 10s but she is pretty much forgotten, I guess. 

I feel like she's not even very known in the gay community here in germany. 

Yeah she made a mistake by not capitalizing her brand in Germany. She could've been on a similar position to Zara Larsson and Anitta, that may flop everywhere but at least their home countries are loyal to their releases. I guess Republic thought about that since she recorded German versions for Jesus, Thousand Pieces and probably other songs too but they weren't released yet for some reason.

In fact i don't think many people even know that she's German :skull:

The way this is going to do abysmal numbers…

the album is in 2 weeks and there’s no hype whatsoever

5 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

Yeah she made a mistake by not capitalizing her brand in Germany. She could've been on a similar position to Zara Larsson and Anitta, that may flop everywhere but at least their home countries are loyal to their releases. I guess Republic thought about that since she recorded German versions for Jesus, Thousand Pieces and probably other songs too but they weren't released yet for some reason.

In fact i don't think many people even know that she's German :skull:

Wait, wait, WAIT!

There is a german version of Jesus Was A Rockstar?

Germany is (as usual) three thousand years behind and still loves trap-pop. I think a german version of A Thousand Pieces could work really well Here.

10 hours ago, Saint James said:

are we expecting this to chart in germany? do they use her music?

She’s a nobody in her own country

2 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

f2fe94e183f8eb7437bf31288c21830b.jpg

good luck with that

• Like 1

I will be buying :duca: