Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

Poland should just keep sending Blanka every year until she wins 
giphy.gif

• Like 5

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

kinda obsessed with the 1 min long performance of popular? 

Eric really did that :jonny4:

6 hours ago, gimmelaugh said:

Unfortunately Eurovision will always be political... the very idea of countries (political entities) competing with each other will always bring up the politics talk and make the music an afterthought for many viewers. We will never fully escape it but I do hope it will be less evident in the next years.

Right. At the end of the day, you're dealing with people in the real world and the fans/viewers are not just going to pretend an armed conflict or political debacle is not happening because it's Eurovision. Even if it's a music contest, these delegations represent their countries. And it's not every day that you get that many countries represented together in under one event, so obviously people are gonna take the chance to protest and give a piece of their mind against or in favor of a country.

10 hours ago, Anthinos said:

Nemo has received a lot of support from politicians and various major and even conservative media sites. German news sites are also writing about their victory and are surprisingly positive. I would have thought that the conservative sites would tear them apart but they are very supportive and respectful.

I guess one silver lining to Nemo winning and Marko coming second is that we avoided an onslaught of headlines going like "EUROVISION REJECTS WOKE CONTESTANT IN FAVOR OF STRONG MALE SINGER." :dies:

Ah, è la cumbia della noia
È la cumbia della noia
Total

ejSq7O.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eric. said:

I guess one silver lining to Nemo winning and Marko coming second is that we avoided an onslaught of headlines going like "EUROVISION REJECTS WOKE CONTESTANT IN FAVOR OF STRONG MALE SINGER." :dies:

I don't think we would've seen those headlines :michael: Baby Lasagna was the favorite because of his song, his identity was completely irrelevant. It is Nemo whose identity was in the forefront of their campaign.

• Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Im fine with Nemo winning however I wish their styling was toned down. We as LGBTQ community are constantly portrayed in media with extremes. You hardly see LGBTQ professionals, hard working entrepreneurs living "regular" life with long time partner, you see more of sex*alized type of relationships, same with overly feminine almost caricature-esque portrait of Gay men in media etc.  I feel like constant showing of extremes like for example Sam Smith and their nudity and also crazy styling of Nemo etc. is bringing bad light on a community so people take us as some kind of weirdos.

Edited by mike_int
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

14 hours ago, Dante said:

Serbia and Croatia you have one job next year...

Croatia should send Miach next year

Another easy Top 10 lock for Croatia at the grand finals

ezgif-3-651cbd7b38.thumb.gif.34ecd7899f4

1 minute ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Please, she makes Kaleen look like Chanel

:suburban:

she'd get an albina-like result at best

• Haha 2

aww this is so sweet

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

I love Miach, but a performer she is not :deadbanana2: I want Huljić to write a dramatic power ballad for Lorena. Get those jury points

Not europapa becoming the biggest song today :eek:

• Like 5

another day, another slay

europapa-joost-klein.gif

• Like 3

Armenia getting a top 10 with a random album track off their album is very iconique

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, gimmelaugh said:

Poland should just keep sending Blanka every year until she wins 
giphy.gif

Mama I'd like to see Poland win in my lifetime

10 minutes ago, fa77ot said:

millie-bobby-brown-498-x-280-gif-n76kgobs5adchb4a.gif

Pretty decent holds all around TBQH.

Mondays are usually rough. I expected The Code to plumbet like a rock, so 3.2M and Still Top25 is great.

1 hour ago, Young In Love said:

aww this is so sweet

I'm happy for them :heart2: Eurovision has become a great platform to discover European artists and music. I have found so many new artists in the last few years thanks to Eurovision that I still follow. This year for me it's mainly Joost, Bambie Thug and Slimane.

MARINA SATTI EP TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT

• Like 2

Nemo's Grand Final live performance video has received 15 million views. And The Code official music video is about to reach 8 million views

And the Spotify streams are still great considering that like 90% of Nemo's streams are coming from outside of Switzerland

Europapa becoming an organic hit.

Maybe being DQ'd was the best thing that could have happened to Joost

millie-bobby-brown-498-x-280-gif-n76kgobs5adchb4a.gif

did anyone got tickets for Joost? I was there at 2PM and they were sold out in seconds

2 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

she's go in the same pot with Malta, Poland, Austria and Georgia from this year 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.