Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

I feel sorry for Olly. He didn't do anything wrong and his performance wasn't bad. He didn't end up in the bottom 5 either. I hope it has no impact on the future. Here in Germany, our HOD once said that bigger artists often don't dare to go to Eurovision because they are afraid of a media shitstorm. Nobody should have to fear for their career. There are 26 countries but only 10 top 10 places. Someone has to end up at the back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

2 hours ago, greeneyedsoul said:

Spotify UK

#64 Doomsday Blue
#164 Dizzy

:suburban:

Bambie Thug has great discography, I recommend y'all to check it out. We need to make Bambie our European Melanie Martinez/Bjork type of successful alt artisté 

ezgif-3-651cbd7b38.thumb.gif.34ecd7899f4

2 hours ago, illia said:

I wonder if RTTG's almost win encourages other countries to keep trying and sending Cha Cha Cha's and Rim Tim Tagi DIm's copies next year

ZARI.thumb.gif.f9e2b5ce45127ac721d50d9c9

I think it will become outdated by then (which means a lot of countries that always struggle to qualify will attempt to have their own Rim Tim Tagi Dim moment but flop because there will be other similar songs and it won't be fresh and unique anymore... a Eleni/Chanel tea), but I do see 2025 trying to copy Europapa and Doomsday Blue formula tho and be successful because it's still fresh and new idea

• Thanks 1

Martin still hasn't resigned yet, do we think he's holding on until the next host city is announced or should we expect something by Friday :coffee2:

my two favorites beside doomsday blue atm

• Like 1

people seriously need to get over it, they wont be removing juries

its what literally brought back the contest to relevance in the west

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Anthinos said:

I feel sorry for Olly. He didn't do anything wrong and his performance wasn't bad. He didn't end up in the bottom 5 either. I hope it has no impact on the future. Here in Germany, our HOD once said that bigger artists often don't dare to go to Eurovision because they are afraid of a media shitstorm. Nobody should have to fear for their career. There are 26 countries but only 10 top 10 places. Someone has to end up at the back.

That's true, but it's logical to expect more from established artists. Look at Nutsa - you could see that she has experience in performing because of how she commanded the stage. Olly didn't look any more confident than, say, Baby Lasagna, whose first live performance ever was in February :toofunny3: Not to mention the embarrassing vocals in the semi-final performance.

• Like 1

I feel like the jury galvanized behind Switzerland bc it was the safest bet. They hoped it'd do well enough in televoting to prevent Israel from winning, unlike Croatia whose "novelty" might had not translate in votes or Ukraine who won very recently. If that was their strategy, personally I'd prefer if they did it for France but alas.

Also, why do we expect a whats-his-name resignment? What did he do?

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Anthinos said:

It be like that in every big 5 country sans Italy tbh 

While some countries send their best and biggest superstars (Italy- and France one every blue moon) the rest just send newbies who would do anything to get exposure because established artists wouldn't dare to risk their status and the media frenzy that comes with it. You can see that in their placings.

Edited by igninton
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Anthinos said:

No, most of them are afraid to find out that their careers, for the most part, have been artificially manufactured and sustained by music labels, promotional machinery and the co. Rita Ora is a well known example, and Olly is, unfortunately, another good example.

I think they are rightfully afraid for their careers. There are so many extremely talented people that can't come forward because others are being (regularly) shoved down everyone's throat. Again, Rita Ora is an excellent example.

I like Olly, he was my fifth favourite, but let's not pretend like he was ever a "bigger artist." In the UK he's had approx. 3 hit singles, and that was in 2015/2016. Outside of UK, Y&Y unfortunately didn't achieve anything. 

31 minutes ago, Anthinos said:

Germany just needs to get Stefan Raab back to do the pre-selection, they did well every time he was involved

you dont need established artists to win eurovision, no one actually cares about that

I can't believe so many of you want to get rid of the Juries when the televote was ready to hand the win to Israel.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, fa77ot said:

The public has spoken. The Code's the better song

whitney-houston.gif

Also the EBU needs to start investigating Cyprus bc something is fishy with the televote. 

I can't choose with Cyprus entry I hate the most between 2023 and 2024 and I don't buy the televote points they scored, someone's pulling an Azerbuyjan, me thinks. :sistrens:

I said it before and I'll say it again. I feel like one of the Little Mix girls is coming to represent the UK next year since they are all starting their solo careers and they're all kinda flopping. Well, maybe not now cause Olly is getting lashed.

Jesy Nelson is coming for 2nd highest UK televote score this decade.

whitney-houston.gif

• Like 1

Olly should quit making music. He cannot sing at all and the quality of his music has gone down dramatically since debut

He is talented though, he was incredible in "It's a Sin" so why not pursue something that you are actually good at?

whitney-houston.gif

isn't FKA Twigs British? One of the best performers alive would absolutely EAT everyone else

whitney-houston.gif

45 minutes ago, velocity said:

my two favorites beside doomsday blue atm

Those 2 + this one is my top 3 sans Doomsday Blue

• Like 1

I want Griff to represent the UK next year; unfortunately, I think many younger artists will avoid the contest like a plague for a few years due to the Shanganians and association with Israel this year. It's not worth risking their mostly socially aware fanbases :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We need to send RAYE next year. She's our only hope

spacer.png

Has Charli XCX any expressed interest in Eurovision?

10 minutes ago, Fevesy said:

I said it before and I'll say it again. I feel like one of the Little Mix girls is coming to represent the UK next year since they are all starting their solo careers and they're all kinda flopping. Well, maybe not now cause Olly is getting lashed.

Jesy Nelson is coming for 2nd highest UK televote score this decade.

whitney-houston.gif

If they send any of the LM girls, they should send Perrie. Leigh Anne is not the greatest at live, Jesy is Jesy and Jade may overdo the camp like Olly did this year (but she could have a Chanel moment with the right song).

whitney-houston.gif

28 minutes ago, elvenOCEAN said:

No, most of them are afraid to find out that their careers, for the most part, have been artificially manufactured and sustained by music labels, promotional machinery and the co. Rita Ora is a well known example, and Olly is, unfortunately, another good example.

I think they are rightfully afraid for their careers. There are so many extremely talented people that can't come forward because others are being (regularly) shoved down everyone's throat. Again, Rita Ora is an excellent example.

I like Olly, he was my fifth favourite, but let's not pretend like he was ever a "bigger artist." In the UK he's had approx. 3 hit singles, and that was in 2015/2016. Outside of UK, Y&Y unfortunately didn't achieve anything. 

I don't think this is necessarily true. Olly just isn't a good live performer, but I do like a lot of his/Years & Years music. I would never pay to see him live though. :rip:

Each country needs to make sure it chooses strong live performers to represent them. 

Not this growing on me immensely :jamming:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

If they send any of the LM girls, they should send Perrie. Leigh Anne is not the greatest at live, Jesy is Jesy and Jade may overdo the camp like Olly did this year (but she could have a Chanel moment with the right song).

whitney-houston.gif

Yeah it's gonna be Jade if anyone.. I feel like she probably would do it since she loves all things camp. She needs to cowrite a bop with MNEK and give us a cute top 10

whitney-houston.gif

The UK needs to send someone who can sing and/or give us a cute non-pop moment 

whitney-houston.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.