Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

1 hour ago, elvenOCEAN said:

They always do. It's so annoying. And against all the supposed "values" we "care" about.

They need to democratise ESC again. 

Running order needs to be determined by a draw and not f*** producers.

100% televote all the way.

:coffee2:

This mega mega spill. Eurovision has always been West-centric and the EBU doesn't care for Eastern or Southern states unless you are Ukraine. Celebrate diversity MY ASS

• Thanks 1

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

1 hour ago, elvenOCEAN said:

They always do. It's so annoying. And against all the supposed "values" we "care" about.

They need to democratise ESC again. 

Running order needs to be determined by a draw and not f*** producers.

100% televote all the way.

:coffee2:

This mega mega spill. Eurovision has always been West-centric and the EBU doesn't care for Eastern or Southern states unless you are Ukraine. Celebrate diversity MY ASS

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

3 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

3 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

ok we get it

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, illia said:

ok we get it

ATRL is glitching, spare me from your draggings king :chick1:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

The fact that we agree on something. :clap3:

Also, yes at this getting posted 5 times! :clap3:

Joost closing the last ten minutes of the grand final yep yep we love an organic winner

SVviN.gif

• Like 1

Do Italians know that La Nonna is one of the most annoying songs ever sent to Eurovision?

spacer.png

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

3 hours ago, illia said:

Poor Serbia :rip: they're COOKED

The dramatics :rip: Serbia literally won the televote in Semi Final 2 in 2022 when they were 3rd in the running order. A memorable/good song will qualify/win from any position. Sometimes I wish they would give the frontrunners the "disadvantaged" spots for you guys to realise the RO has minimal impact 

I've finally listened all the 36 songs and, indeed, this has been my winner since February 6th :celestial5:

3 hours ago, Solaria said:

Italy rising Croatia decreasing

spacer.png

Croatia already down to 18% :clap3:

12 hours ago, elvenOCEAN said:

Fixed it for you. :fan:

Get some taste. 

12 hours ago, elvenOCEAN said:

But let me give Greece some flowers. 

This deserved so much more! Greece's Celine truly did that. :clap3:

This as well. I remember not really caring about this before the contest only for it to end up one of my most listened to songs of the season by the end of the year. :clap3:

Get some taste x2. 

While Oneiro Mou was great, Maria Elena Kyriakou's song is just boring. No one remembers it here in Greece.

People stanning Joost and his stupid-a** song are the reason why mainstream music is **** nowadays. 

They are so unserious stanning that

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, abelfenty said:

The dramatics :rip: Serbia literally won the televote in Semi Final 2 in 2022 when they were 3rd in the running order. A memorable/good song will qualify/win from any position. Sometimes I wish they would give the frontrunners the "disadvantaged" spots for you guys to realise the RO has minimal impact 

No shade to other artists in SF2 of 2022, but Serbia was the clear televote winner (I believe Sweden wouldn't have tied it, had Serbia gotten a better RO)

I agree that RO doesn't impact clear qualifiers, but I don't think Ramonda is a clear Q - especially in televote system only. And with Portugal performing second to last, I think Serbia's chances are even lower.

For the first time I'm not interested in Eurovision at all. How many Finlands do we have this year? Like 6? Croatia and The Netherlands :skull: There's no clear winner. I'd give it to Italy, the only listenable song. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

For the first time I'm not interested in Eurovision at all. How many Finlands do we have this year? Like 6? Croatia and The Netherlands :skull: There's no clear winner. I'd give it to Italy, the only listenable song. 

My thoughts :clap3:

• Like 2

Well isn't it a fact that EBU introduced the juries so the winning country is what EBU prefers? Also they re-introduced the juries after a decade of eastern european songs were winning back to back:coffee2:

It's so funny why y'all always obsessed with whatever Italy sends REGARDLESS but pay dust to the rest of the Big 5... I thought you hated them equally...  

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, EnterTheAttic said:

People stanning Joost and his stupid-a** song are the reason why mainstream music is **** nowadays. 

To be fair it's mostly Dutch people hyping up their entry: his spotify streams being 80% from Netherlands/Belgium is telling.

Let them have fun till the results come in. 4x.gif

1 hour ago, Hurem said:

I agree that RO doesn't impact clear qualifiers, but I don't think Ramonda is a clear Q - especially in televote system only. And with Portugal performing second to last, I think Serbia's chances are even lower.

Ok but there's only 5 NQs from that semi. Everybody seems to agree on Australia/Moldova/Iceland being NQ, with the borderline group being Ireland/Slovenia/Azerbaijan/Portugal/Serbia. (some are also doubting cyprus and poland, but let's say they are safe). Out of these serbia seems one of the, if not the safest despite #2, considering neighbors/diaspora and the fact that it's a more accessible ~ballad than slovenia or portugal. If Luka qualified last year with that mess of a song and staging, so will Ramonda.

Edited by Komet

Well, Serbia would have qualified from any position, 01, 02, 10, 11, 16, 06, whatever, had they send Zejna with her Rammstein'd turbo-folk banger :chick1: but we been knew Serbia is incapable of making good decisions and they end up bombing at the end (or they get bombed gag) 

Zejna je najbolja afterall (Zejna is the best, for the non-Serbo-Croatian speakers amongst us)

4x.gif

Ramonda is just boring. Being a Berkeley alumnus does not inherently make you a good music maker. Miss Theordora

Edited by Pendulum

47 minutes ago, little legend said:

Well isn't it a fact that EBU introduced the juries so the winning country is what EBU prefers? Also they re-introduced the juries after a decade of eastern european songs were winning back to back:coffee2:

Eurovision started in 1956 and it wasn't until 1996 that they introduced the televote, it was all 100% jury voting before then.

Y'all need to drop that silly argument. :toofunny3:

Edited by igninton

Paskana still having more streams than No Rules a month later and all the Eurovision playlist payola

4x.gif

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EnterTheAttic said:

Why are you so against the Slaytherlands? :deadbanana2: I'm starting to think a Dutch hunty rejected you or something, in which case you shouldn't take it serious because Dutch men are garbage (Joost incluced) /joke

Europapa and Zari are actually on the same level, sonically :giraffe:  They have that je ne sais quoi (Hera Björk you will never be famous) that appeals only to the best of us, aka. people with distinguished musical preferences. 

7 hours ago, EnterTheAttic said:

Girl, we have send boring ballads and unflavoured songs for years that didn't resonate with our youth at all. This is the first time I'm seeing so many people come together from my age to support this song. Yes, we ARE stanning that because it's much closer to what we actually listen to than the AvroTros elite picked entries from the last few years (excluding legend Stien)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, igninton said:

Eurovision started in 1956 and it wasn't until 1996 that they introduced the televote, it was all 100% jury voting before then.

Y'all need to drop that silly argument. :toofunny3:

No? The televote was introduced for the first time in 1998. In 1996 only five countries voted via televoted and the rest were juries if I remember correctly. 2001 and 2002 countries could choose between voting 100% televote or 50/50. The juries were ditched and only used as a backup in the period between 2003 and 2009. Which countries won in the period between 2001 and 2009? 5 countries that were previously behind the Iron Curtain. It was for the reason that the "newcomers" were outperforming the Western countries. Austria threw a sissy fit and withdrew for 3 years and demanded the 50/50 system to be cemented once and for all.

Not surprising that a Western European would act like that and disregard the concerns of Eastern Europeans. Yikes. I feel sorry that you cannot see the preferential treatment some countries get over the small guys. But we're underdeveloped cave-dwelling savages, what do we know?

Edited by Pendulum

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.