Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

2 hours ago, UNNAMI said:

Faro region is my next plan

Faro? Can I ask why?

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

4 hours ago, Hurem said:

I honestly think she might end up dead last :skull: 

4 hours ago, khalyan said:

Either her or Germany I agree

I hope not! Her song is amazing! She deserves better!

4 hours ago, thismoment said:

What are the chances of Marina winning?  

spacer.png

A lot! 

Azerbaijan has one of the best songs this year.

:ryan3:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MALAMENTE said:

If she ends up last then Europe has no taste because the song alone is a banger and I was told last year that that is the most important thing

But the song is… not that good? If it ends up dead last, it's solely because Spain doesn't know to choose their songs. While Zorra might be a hit in Spain, it won't resonate with European audiences, and Caliente was the song with the most potential at Benidorm Fest.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hurem said:

But the song is… not that good? If it ends up dead last, it's solely because Spain doesn't know to choose their songs. While Zorra might be a hit in Spain, it won't resonate with European audiences, and Caliente was the song with the most potential at Benidorm Fest.

Now, let's not. Zorra is much better than that reductive and cliche infused, lab made cringe fest of a song, that just the name alone makes you roll your eyes. Caliente could have been a thing in 2022, but now it would just be seen as trying to replicate the SloMo formula (at a much inferior level). I'm glad Spain has sent three completely different songs, I like variety. 

• Like 1

Spain will get a cute mid-table result and become an iconic campy moment 

stephm.png

Edited by Funhouse
  • Thanks 2

The only Big 5 country that deserves to be in the Bottom 5 is Germany. This could lead to real change in Germany. Rumor has it that we are getting a new broadcaster.

Is there a reason why Iceland is in the top 20 in the Betting Odds? The song screams NQ, last place in SF.:suburban:

I can actually see germany getting enough 3-2-1 points from the juries to escape the bottom 3. It's an inoffensive relatively well made HAC song and his vocals are great, perfect for being a safe pick to fill up the bottom of their top 10s.

moo.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Anthinos said:

The only Big 5 country that deserves to be in the Bottom 5 is Germany. This could lead to real change in Germany. Rumor has it that we are getting a new broadcaster.

Is there a reason why Iceland is in the top 20 in the Betting Odds? The song screams NQ, last place in SF.:suburban:

People were betting on Iceland to win because they thought Palestinian guy would win, once this other lady won, they started freefalling from 3rd place to 20th. Still they have more overall betting from a month ago than all these other countries below Iceland ever since :ryan3:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hurem said:

Now let's calm down and go back to being fair. The song itself is one of the best bops this year by far. :rip: The only issue is her voice and that dreadful staging they came up with, especially the naked dancers that bring nothing to the message of the song + men wearing non-conforming clothes will put off a lot of homophobes conservatives.

I do agree with someone saying she might end up somewhere between 12-20.

Edited by igninton
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, igninton said:

The song itself is one of the best bops this year by far. :rip:

According to who though? It's 17th in the EurovisionWorld poll, 27th in the odds, 14th on the scoreboard app. ESC fandom overrated Spanish entry last year, and they're setting themselves for yet another disappointment :michael:

• Like 1

Zorra is giving a slightly less successful monika liu experience
ezgif-3-076da7ed0ae2.thumb.gif.16b17a1b2333e00d8b2fec9539052214.gif

5 hours ago, Anthinos said:

The betting odds are about the chances of winning, not the actual placements.

Anything lower than top 10 is prety much irrelevant, so is Iceland :cm:

2 hours ago, Hurem said:

According to who though? It's 17th in the EurovisionWorld poll, 27th in the odds, 14th on the scoreboard app. ESC fandom overrated Spanish entry last year, and they're setting themselves for yet another disappointment :michael:

Being 14th on the scoreboard app this year is not even bad, considering the level of bops that the fandom is connecting to, but Eurovision is not about the fandom, it's about the random viewer watching. If I remember correctly, Due Vite wasn't even Top 10 last year on the app, while EaEa was Top 5 both in the app and in the odds and we all know how that ended.

I see some people are still blindly trusting polls and odds as if it was some sort of accurate formula to predict results when it only points out the clear favourites. :toofunny3: 

Edited by igninton
  • Like 1

This appeared on my feed, why did she go full christian and genocial for PZE instead of just serving this? :deadbanana:

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 11:24 PM, OhRly? said:

Faro? Can I ask why?

i was in lisboa and porto twice, I haven't explore that part of Portugal and I need to see those algarve beaches and places in real

5 rzeczy, które trzeba zrobić w Algarve. Uwaga: prawdopodobnie zapragniesz  tam wrócić - Traveler

5 hours ago, igninton said:

Being 14th on the scoreboard app this year is not even bad, considering the level of bops that the fandom is connecting to, but Eurovision is not about the fandom, it's about the random viewer watching. If I remember correctly, Due Vite wasn't even Top 10 last year on the app, while EaEa was Top 5 both in the app and in the odds and we all know how that ended.

But if the fandom puts it at 14th, and they overrate it, how will it do with the general public? I'm gonna surprised if it's able to get more than 10 televote points :michael:

16 hours ago, Anthinos said:

It was high up in the odds before the national final. The betting houses set the odds high because they wanted to cover the chance of the Palestinian guy winning the Iceland NF. As we saw with Ukraine in 2022, there are times when the public votes politically and has a major effect on determining the winner. Once they set the initial odds, new changes up/down are in response to the betting action. Iceland will slowly drop until rehearsals, when the betting in response to rehearsal videos/news will trigger an increase in overall betting action. When Iceland gets little or no new money bet on it it will finally fall into the bottom. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UNNAMI said:

i was in lisboa and porto twice, I haven't explore that part of Portugal and I need to see those algarve beaches and places in real

5 rzeczy, które trzeba zrobić w Algarve. Uwaga: prawdopodobnie zapragniesz  tam wrócić - Traveler

Oh, I get it

Algarve beaches are okay, water temperature is okay

Just prepare for a very non-traditional experience in Faro, since it is a major turist trap

Is anyone going to Eurovision in Concert? 

49 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

Is anyone going to Eurovision in Concert? 

Me :gaycat2:

Croatia winning in 2024 is giving me Azerbaijan winning in 2011 vibes

babyney2-britney-spears.gif

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.