Updated: Trump found guilty in civil court of sexual abuse against E. Jean Carroll

Bears01

Update: 

Edited by Bears01

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• Bears01

• FameFatale

• slik

What will it take for this man to spend a day in jail? 

And his base won't care at all. He didn't lie when he said he could shoot someone on fifth avenue and still have support. 

Given Trump's 25+ other accusers of sexual assault and rape going back to the 1970's, including a minor at Jeffrey Epstein's house that was going to come forward just prior to the 2016 election that withdrew her press conference due to death threats that all never got any recourse, I'd include E. Jean Carroll's name in the title. 

I'd also include her damages received of $5 million, which is not nearly enough.

Lock-this-pig-up GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by Hector

1 minute ago, Espresso said:

Given Trump's 25+ other accusers of sexual assault and rape going back to the 1970's, including a minor at Jeffrey Epstein's house that was going to come forward just prior to the 2016 election that withdrew her press conference due to death threats that all never got any recourse, I'd include E. Jean Carroll's name in the title. 

I'd also include her damages received of $5 million, which is not nearly enough.

I put the tweet explaining what he owed her in the OP, but I’ll update the title

Found guilty of sexual abuse and not rape, apparently. Here's the breakdowns.

1 minute ago, Bears01 said:

I put the tweet explaining what he owed her in the OP, but I’ll update the title

Eh, I know it's subjective. Name and total but your call. 

Republicans will call this an exoneration because he was found not guilty of the rape charge....

8 minutes ago, WEEKND said:

MTE :rip: 

Honestly at this point hearing his name just makes me want to vomit. A nasty sexual abuser added to the list of con artist, racist, sexist, misogynist and MORE. 

Vomit Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

1 minute ago, Espresso said:

Republicans will call this an exoneration because he was found not guilty of the rape charge....

Being found guilty of sexual abuse is not an exoneration. :skull: Thousands of men are in prison for sexual abuse. 

• ATRL Moderator

Wow, actually shocked by this verdict tbh!

Convicted sexual assailant Donald J. Trump!

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Sombre said:

That's it? A payment? What a joke. 

To be fair, it was a civil suit in a civil court. She never took this to a criminal court 

Just now, Sombre said:

That's it? A payment? What a joke. 

It's a civil trial. Have you bothered following this case or even cared to look it up before commenting?

A civil trial for defamation required less of a burden on the prosecution whereas a criminal trial would've had to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, which many lawyers indicate she likely would've lost, even with her friends she told at the time still explaining. 

Unfortunately he will fund raise off this and turn a profit. That said, good for E. Jean Carroll.

13 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

Being found guilty of sexual abuse is not an exoneration. :skull: Thousands of men are in prison for sexual abuse. 

You think I don't know this? The bar's non-existent at this point. Thousands of men AREN'T in prison for sexual abuse as well. 

20 minutes ago, WEEKND said:

The Republican primary's still a wild-card imho, but Fani Willis' case in Georgia (which just expanded to include witness tampering) and Jack Smith's case at DOJ (which just expanded to include wire fraud) are both going to take longer than Fall 2024, at which point we're theoretically looking at Donald Trump attempting to pardon himself while in office, which has never been tried before. Unless DOJ policy of not indicting a sitting president still holds, which would create a direct conflict between Merrick Garland and Jack Smith despite having found guilt.

So if Trump gets back into office this country would be on a legal cliff.....

4 minutes ago, slik said:

And CNN is giving him a Townhall tonight to spread his filth

The timing :deadbanana4:

20 minutes ago, Espresso said:

They already are. :rip: I popped into a right-wing twitter space discussing the verdict and they're all laughing, belittling Carroll's word, and saying it was a "witch hunt" by liberal judges and jury. Just gross stuff. 

11 minutes ago, slik said:

And CNN is giving him a townhall tonight to spread his filth

No way?! :deadbanana4: CNN working overtime to re-normalize (for the umpteenth time) a would-be dictator who almost overthrew the government. We are royally f**ked as a society. 

Edited by Reginald

13 minutes ago, Velvet Night said:

Unfortunately he will fund raise off this and turn a profit. That said, good for E. Jean Carroll.

Yep. In a couple hours he will be sending out fundraising emails yelling about fraud and election interference by the liberal swamp followed by a link to buy a tshirt that says, "I don't know her!!" for $60 with an option (already checked) to take an additional $30/month out your checking account for his PAC. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.