Pokémon S/V crazy sales; 5M ahead of Sword/Shield

thatsmydemi

22M in 4 months.

5M ahead of what Sword/Shield had sold at the same point

But it’s a much worse game…

I miss being able to play Pokémon - I should get a Switch. :bird:

3 minutes ago, Love Again said:

On a technical level, perhaps but only because of its many glitches. Scarlet/Violet is still better in terms of almost everything: exploration, gameplay, world design, story... 

Edited by thatsmydemi

Arceus really brought the series back

14 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

Arceus really brought the series back

So true tbh 

18 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

On a technical level, perhaps but only because of its many glitches. Scarlet/Violet is still better in terms of almost everything: exploration, gameplay, world design, story... 

this too. It’s one of the best Pokémon games ever completely ruined by poor performance 

49 minutes ago, Wrecked said:

I miss being able to play Pokémon - I should get a Switch. :bird:

Switch 2 is 90% coming next year

38 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Aside from countless technical issues, the word design is rudimentary. The environments are sparse and repetitive, comprising mostly of cheaply autogenerated landscapes.  The gameplay is basic and a hashed down, copy and pasted version of previous games. I can understand praising the story, but the lifeless, cheap animations and dull text boxes don't make the story engaging. Modern Pokemon games are an embarrassment and are far behind what should be acceptable. Consumers need to stop lying to themselves and enabling these companies to continue churning out these rushed, unfinished, and poor quality games. :rip:

Horrible game. I’m still 1/3 way through the game and has no motivation completing 

It’ll pass Red and Blue by the end of it 

Glitchy game replaces glitchy game 

36 minutes ago, Otter said:

Switch 2 is 90% coming next year

Oh, in that case I'll just wait. Thanks for the heads up! 

Did they ever fix the glitches? Is it running ok now?

5 minutes ago, Comedor said:

Did they ever fix the glitches? Is it running ok now?

No :deadbanana2:

I mean, the better games won BUT they still deserved to flop for the atrocious state they released them in. All this time later  and nothing has changed.

49 minutes ago, ks_dollar said:

Aside from countless technical issues, the word design is rudimentary. The environments are sparse and repetitive, comprising mostly of cheaply autogenerated landscapes.  The gameplay is basic and a hashed down, copy and pasted version of previous games. I can understand praising the story, but the lifeless, cheap animations and dull text boxes don't make the story engaging. Modern Pokemon games are an embarrassment and are far behind what should be acceptable. Consumers need to stop lying to themselves and enabling these companies to continue churning out these rushed, unfinished, and poor quality games. :rip:

i agree with all of this. i enjoyed the game because it’s pokémon but seeing the lifeless towns, dull text boxes etc. was such a disappointment after arceus felt like new life finally being injected into the series. not just with the open world aspects, but the fluidity, art style, battle animations etc. almost everything was a downgrade in SV. 

the story was genuinely good though and deserves praise. such a shame the rest of the potential was ruined. they also could’ve done so much more with the lore :chick3:

4 minutes ago, Rence said:

No :deadbanana2:

TPC can choke. :deadbanana:

I loved playing this game reality all its flaws. 

I hope Nintendo one day gives us a Pokemon game like this with a normal development time so the game isn’t an ugly looking bugfest. 

2 hours ago, Love Again said:

Not really compared to SwSh...

• ATRL Moderator

I haven’t touched it in months after beating the main story. I’m not someone to really get that annoyed by glitches, and I literally grew up on Pokemon but I just could never fully get into Violet. I liked my team and the story enough to see it through but have no desire to explore or do anything else with it :rip:

I’ll be perched for whatever they come up with next though, I’ll always love Pokemon. 

I feel like I’m the only one who didn’t get glitches? :chick3:

I enjoyed this game a lot, but I haven’t touched it since completing the OG pokedex, I know there have been several new additions, I’ll undust it again when the DLC drops.

Deserved success :clap3:

22 minutes ago, PoKiTaurus said:

Emerald and BW2deserved these sales :redface:

Fixed

It was a cute game and the open-world idea was a childhood dream but from a technical point of view, the game was an embarrassment. The world is copy + pasted for the most part and the FPS is dreadful.

I am happy that the franchise sees continued success almost 30 years later however we need them to step it up majorly.

the way this will be the best selling pokemon game in a few years :WAP:

pokemon is really re-peaking for the like 5th time... the Taylor Swift of video games

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.