What is the current obsession and mental gymnastics used to discredit Renaissance?

Kingdom

52 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

Because is a bad album tbh. With cringeworthy lyrics for someone of beyonces age. I cringed so hard on I’m that girl when she says “I’m dead ass” or “I’m swaggy” like come on Bey, we know you did not grow up speaking like that… so inauthentic 

the lyrics feel so contrived and try hard.

Rosalia is one of my favorite artists ever but not you blaming someone for speaking the way they did not grow up with while stanning her :rip:

Edited by Last Boy on Earth

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kingdom

• QueenBeyoncé

• Julia Fox

• MotoPapi

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

Because is a bad album tbh. With cringeworthy lyrics for someone of beyonces age. I cringed so hard on I’m that girl when she says “I’m dead ass” or “I’m swaggy” like come on Bey, we know you did not grow up speaking like that… so inauthentic 

not the "chicken teriyaki" stan lecturing us

MotoPapi

5 minutes ago, byzantium said:

This whole conversation started because the hive couldn’t tolerate one YouTuber doing just that, saying it wasn’t for her and moved on.  

My issue with that girl's review was more-so how clueless she was, calling renaissance a hip-hop album really exposed how clueless she is, musically. Saying she wanted vocals when VIRGOS GROOVE alone has vocals that a lot of people's faves in here will choke trying to replicate. Her review seemed misinformed and thirsty for clicks and that was very apparent. You don't have to like RENEE but when you are doing a REVIEW and you come across as well..clueless, its a bit annoying.

Needledrop is a perfect person who is very knowledgeable in his review and clearly knows what he is talking about (even if he does not like the project).

1 minute ago, Karla Cabello said:

not the "chicken teriyaki" stan lecturing us

MotoPapi

Exactly..ROSALIA is literally the manifestation of CRINGE, esp on stage. yikes

boring album, somehow she managed to make an album based around house music sound completely lifeless and vapid. songs aren’t even that catchy outside of like 5 songs and for a dance album that’s pretty bad :rip: not to mention the awful lyrics. even Drake did a better house album

1 minute ago, Scandalous said:

boring album, somehow she managed to make an album based around house music sound completely lifeless and vapid. songs aren’t even that catchy outside of like 5 songs and for a dance album that’s pretty bad :rip: not to mention the awful lyrics. even Drake did a better house album

You might be less than smart if you think RENEE was just a HOUSE album. Its DANCE music not just house. Dance music is more than HOUSE, it is  also R&b (because that is where dance came from, BLACK PEOPLE). But i bet you don't know this.

25 minutes ago, Kingdom said:

My issue with that girl's review was more-so how clueless she was, calling renaissance a hip-hop album really exposed how clueless she is, musically. Saying she wanted vocals when VIRGOS GROOVE alone has vocals that a lot of people's faves in here will choke trying to replicate. Her review seemed misinformed and thirsty for clicks and that was very apparent. You don't have to like RENEE but when you are doing a REVIEW and you come across as well..clueless, its a bit annoying.

Needledrop is a perfect person who is very knowledgeable in his review and clearly knows what he is talking about (even if he does not like the project).

Look she was just listening to the music and giving her thoughts.  It might sound clueless to fans how have spent many hours with the material, but it’s not like it’s ingenious or even bad takes.  Like you can’t deny that there were hip hop influences in the music and give me one person who did not want more of the chorus in Virgo’s groove.  

2 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Look she was just listening to the music and giving her thoughts.  It might sound clueless to fans how have spent many hours with the material, but it’s not like it’s ingenious or even bad takes.  Like you can’t deny that there were hip hop influences in the music and give me one person who did not want more of the chorus in Virgo’s groove.  

No luv, she said plastic off the sofa was the only SINGING she heard..LMAO. Virgo groove has more difficult and intricate singing than any song on RENEE and she did not hear that. Literally that was the first thing everyone who heard the album noticed. But yeah...all the best to her, lets hope she doesn't run back into early retirement again 

some people in here still discredit her singing as if Ren isnt her most vocally complex album :deadbanana2: 

34 minutes ago, Kingdom said:

You might be less than smart if you think RENEE was just a HOUSE album. Its DANCE music not just house. Dance music is more than HOUSE, it is  also R&b (because that is where dance came from, BLACK PEOPLE). But i bet you don't know this.

Everyone knows this. Especially since nobody can defend Renaissance without mentioning it. Guilting people into liking something never works. People don’t have to like it.

Having said that, it’s my favorite Beyoncé album and favorite album this decade. I assumed everyone did until the recent discourse. 

Imagine suggesting people are jealous or - even more disturbingly in 2023 - racist for disliking an album and then quoting people who critique it to tell them their opinion is wrong :deadbanana:

Anyway my answer is that some people just don’t like it. It was my most played album of 2022 and my fave Bey album ever, but I’m also completely content with other people disliking it because I respect the opinions of others :heart:

"There's too much going on" "Lyrics are lazy" 

Which is funny cause the two songwriters that are the most popular here are making money writing about the same shiz their whole careers, but are deemed "storytellers". 

The album was made for certain people I guess and you're just not part of that group

1 hour ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

Wait ima listen to an album thats not good going on a year later? :lmao:  Y’all are some dumb mfers :rip: 

because i love to listen to music and see music growing on me -or not-. That’s the magic. You can enjoy things and admit that they are not good and people could just not like what you like and not be dumb.

the hive really is one of the worst fanbases ever. I remember one day posting on Twitter that I expected way better from Ren and a lot of people called me racist, uncultured and basic. Like maybe the ones that are so pressed are others baby.

1 hour ago, Shelter said:

You could that about any artist tbh. If Ren was so bad most would be just ignoring it, but just look at that hate thread with all those pages, it has so many of you bothered, and that’s the funny part. 

The haters are trying now to say those who like it are forced into it. Like what even :rip: 

I don’t see why I would be bothered. I’m just on a music forum and I’m posting my thoughts that are just not the same as yours. How that’s bothered? I even said I use some songs and give the album some streams from time to time despite not liking it. Stop deluding and finding excuses to defend the album. If you all find it a masterpiece then good, but not all people have to agree with you all. You are like kids and it’s getting exhausted and scary after watching the third episode of Swarm which is inspired on the Hive btw

1 hour ago, Starshine said:

The same people entering these Renaissance threads. :priceless:

While i personally like the album it definitely has it's highs and lows. and if you don't immerse yourself in the whole experience, there may be a lot of skips for you.

that being said, it BUILDS. the album gets better and better as it goes on. and for that i give her immense credit.

it's a 5/5 from me but i can see why people dislike it.

It’s a really bad album. Her lowest selling album to date for a reason 

With any artist on here it almost always boils down to people not liking a stanbase and rushing for opportunities to annoy them or knock them down a peg. 

They want to convince us that we don't actually like the album and only praise it because its Beyonce.

It's mental illness at this point :toofunny3:

Also to extend on my previous point, I think a lot of stans/haters on ATRL are obsessed with controlling narratives. People are convinced that if they get enough replies agreeing with them, or get enough pages in the thread, or win a poll by a big enough margin that suddenly their viewpoints represent the truth. 

Realistically, it doesn’t. 

It’s ok not to like something, but this narrative that people/critics only overrate Beyoncé because she’s Beyoncé is so unfounded and played out. Like it’s not a conspiracy. Talent knows talent and she brilliantly puts together the greatest team of producers and directors that compliment her style and artistry for the long haul. It showed on Renaissance from the transitions to the use of sampling to the incredible harmonies. The production value was top tier. Beyoncé doesn’t care about what people think of her having a writing camp or how many people are involved on one song/album. It’s better that than to hopelessly run into a mental block and poorly choose all the wrong collaborators that don’t work well with your style and vision (like some of y’all’s fav who failed to innovate after Max Martin or Dr Luke moved on to younger, up and coming girls) 

2 hours ago, Xtianlofbritney said:

It’s a really bad album. Her lowest selling album to date for a reason 

Ok Britney stan..lol. The shade spills itself.

i think people only like it becoz white old men reviewed it positively on metacritic or something, outside world is not resonating with the album as evident by the poor streaming numbers. 

The liddos are pressed. Nothing new. 

12 hours ago, MotoPapi said:

I agree that some of the lyrics are cringeworthy but I disagree with the age take. Are women in their 40s not allowed to serve cheesy fun lyrics? Renaissance is still a great album and it's strange how people are looking for anything to discredit it's likability and praise from many people. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.