What is the current obsession and mental gymnastics used to discredit Renaissance?

Kingdom

Certain fanbases seem so depressed and hurt at the acclaim renaissance got.

Is it simply jealousy their respective faves wasn't given that same type of acclaim or is it simply another attempt to discredit black art. In this case an album made to honour BLACK queer people.(the pioneers of dance music)

Can anyone explain the rationale behind this? Its getting weird 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kingdom

• QueenBeyoncé

• Julia Fox

• MotoPapi

Top Posters In This Topic

Because is a bad album tbh. With cringeworthy lyrics for someone of beyonces age. I cringed so hard on I’m that girl when she says “I’m dead ass” or “I’m swaggy” like come on Bey, we know you did not grow up speaking like that… so inauthentic 

the lyrics feel so contrived and try hard.

Edited by MotoPapi

Almost a year later and still fuming, now it’s “trendy” sampling :lmao: 

I swear I didn’t realize ppl were this dumb outside of Trump voters :rip:

Just now, MotoPapi said:

U is at a bad album tbh. With cringeworthy lyrics for someone of beyonces age. I cringed so hard on I’m that girl when she says “I’m dead ass” or “I’m swaggy” like come on Bey, we know you did not grow up speaking like that… so inauthentic 

Touch grass. She is in fact THAT GIRL :lmao:

2 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

U is at a bad album tbh. With cringeworthy lyrics for someone of beyonces age. I cringed so hard on I’m that girl when she says “I’m dead ass” or “I’m swaggy” like come on Bey, we know you did not grow up speaking like that… so inauthentic 

MotoPapi

I never liked the album outside of 3 songs because album is full for cringeworthy lyrics made to IG captions to try hard and generic girls and all of that with some lazy ass vocals when she has a powerful voice. I mean if another artists releases that kind of record would be panned to death but it’s Beyoncé after all.

by the way more than discredit or anything people are entitled to have their opinions and obviously people that don’t like the album would be more louder about it after the Ajay video since it’s a way to represent their feelings and there’s nothing wrong with that. 

Edited by Julia Fox

Because its Shiiiiiit  :bam:

Not everyone finds those experimental R&B and urban stuff listenable

Some of the songs are even more of WTF moments than Christina's Accelerate

CUFF IT is the better ones and its still :eli:. At least songs like Love Drought and All Night have some tunes

Edited by lmnoc1

2 minutes ago, XtunaStan said:

MotoPapi

They’re like 15 years apart in age. Plus, like the member above said, the lyrics feel too intentional and cringe trying too hard to be instagram captions. 

40 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

I never liked the album outside of 3 songs because album is full for cringeworthy lyrics made to IG captions to try hard and generic girls and all of that with some lazy ass vocals when she has a powerful voice. I mean if another artists releases that kind of record would be panned to death but it’s Beyoncé after all.

by the way more than discredit or anything people are entitled to have their opinions and obviously people that don’t like the album would be more louder about it after the Ajay video since it’s a way to represent their feelings and there’s nothing wrong with that. 

REN still got you pressed almost a year later :lmao:  and at “lazy vocals” :rip:  REN is her most complex album when it comes to vocals 

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

1 minute ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

REN still got you pressed almost a year later :lmao: 

pressed? lol I stream the album sometimes to feel some energy or confidence so pressed it’s not a word I would use because I can enjoy something and know that it’s not good and Ren is a clear example of that for me

3 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

pressed? lol I stream the album sometimes to feel some energy or confidence so pressed it’s not a word I would use because I can enjoy something and know that it’s not good and Ren is a clear example of that for me

Wait ima listen to an album thats not good going on a year later? :lmao:  Y’all are some dumb mfers :rip: 

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

The album is good but it was overrated by critics so people are ready to knock it down a peg 

Why is it so hard for some people to understand that not everyone likes the same things they do.  It’s not “mental gymnastics”.  It’s a pretty simple fact of life.

Just now, EmailMySwift said:

The album is good but it was overrated by critics so people are ready to knock it down a peg 

And thats what yall pressed about it’s acclaim we know, too bad  :dies: 

Ajay emboldened them

1 minute ago, EmailMySwift said:

this

3 minutes ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

Wait ima listen to an album thats not good going on a year later? :lmao:  Y’all are some dumb mfers :rip: 

Calling people out of their name cuz they didn’t like something you like is so immature. Logout for a few days.

1 minute ago, byzantium said:

Why is it so hard for some people to understand that not everyone likes the same things they do.  It’s not “mental gymnastics”.  It’s a pretty simple fact of life.

:bird:

1 minute ago, MotoPapi said:

Calling people out of their name cuz they didn’t like something you like is so immature. Logout for a few days.

:bird:

I mean if you sound dumb you sound dumb.. it’s a “bad album” but ima still listen to it.. see the lady :dies:

because its the same rhetoric OBH have always used that somehow if you like beyonce you were brainwashed into it and somehow them not liking beyonce makes them enlightened 

29 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

You could that about any artist tbh. If Ren was so bad most would be just ignoring it, but just look at that hate thread with all those pages, it has so many of you bothered, and that’s the funny part. 

The haters are trying now to say those who like it are forced into it. Like what even :rip: 

38 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

Because is a bad album tbh. With cringeworthy lyrics for someone of beyonces age. I cringed so hard on I’m that girl when she says “I’m dead ass” or “I’m swaggy” like come on Bey, we know you did not grow up speaking like that… so inauthentic 

Beyonce is from houston texas, yes she grew up talking like that. An album with a song like VIRGO'S GROOVE (which is better than some artists entire album) can't be bad. You might not like it personally but what bey accomplishes on that album, vocally, production wise cannot be dismissed.

25 minutes ago, byzantium said:

The same question could be flipped, if you don't like it they say that and move on. But there is literally a thread on right now suggesting people who like it were forced to like it. Do you get it now?

35 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

the lyrics feel too intentional and cringe trying too hard to be instagram captions. 

MotoPapi

I know a ROSALIA stan isn't talking about 'cringe'.....cause girl

4 minutes ago, Kingdom said:

The same question could be flipped, if you don't like it they say that and move on. But there is literally a thread on right now suggesting people who like it were forced to like it. Do you get it now?

This whole conversation started because the hive couldn’t tolerate one YouTuber doing just that, saying it wasn’t for her and moved on.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.