Charles and Camilla won in the end. Why?

TROPICUM

because that's how the Monarchy works?

I mean kind of. They get to be the figureheads of the monarchy right at a time when it’s limited remaining global influence is at an all time low and on a downward trajectory.

In the rest of their probably not long lives they’re going to see a least some of the remaining commonwealth’s reject the crown for good, and the British monarchy alltogether will probably fully dissolve within a generation or two at most after his death.

You will never fall apart Diana, you're still in our hearts

happy for them, even tho i don't like how the treated Diana (according to The Crown at least)

because KING and QUEEN :1stplace: a day of celebration for the YOUKAY!

I mean he gonna be the King anyway at the end lol, Camila is just riding along the wave. But for sure this is already shown as a declining for British Royal family since his coronation is just a quick lil moment tbh and will be forgotten in a few days. 

They’re panned tho and no one’s here for him replacing Miss Queen, who was iconic.  Monarchy’s over.

King Charles was always going to happen, but I think it will be a mistake to give the title "Queen Camilla". It won't make the public like her.

They should have stuck to the original plan which was for her to have the lower title of Princess Consort. Historically, she would never have been allowed to be crowned anyway.

because of white privilege 

Edited by publikcitizen

cuz they got ride of the real queen & im not talking about Queen Elisabeth

i mean, did they? charles is nowhere near as popular as lizard was and support for the monarchy is at an all-time low.

the monarchy will probably be abolished in the next couple of decades if they continue on this trajectory. 

2 hours ago, shyboi said:

happy for them, even tho i don't like how the treated Diana (according to The Crown at least)

:rip::deadbanana4: 

15 minutes ago, SweetTalker said:

:rip::deadbanana4: 

what?

A life of servitude to an institution that's only a few years away from crumbling and becoming obsolete, in a country that absolutely despises them :rip: a win is a win I guess

6 hours ago, shyboi said:

they probably treated her worse and even killed her

Won what? He was always going to become king, and a detested one at that :rip: the fact that it has finally happened is a sign of the beginning of their end, not of them having achieved anything of worth. 

2 hours ago, fountain said:

Won what? He was always going to become king, and a detested one at that :rip: the fact that it has finally happened is a sign of the beginning of their end, not of them having achieved anything of worth. 

This. The real Queen won in the end. Everyone remembers Diana fondly. And there are more and more people who think that the monarchy is an old and obsolete system.

Define winning. Because I was confused of which Charles and Camilla you are talking. But if you say princess Diana, people know exactly who she is. She already ascended to be a cultural icon when her ex husband would forever be in her shadow cultural-wise. How many movies and tv series have been made about her again?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.