• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nooniebao

• Sad Beautiful Tragic

• popularmoonlight

• stephen1108

51 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Idk if this was already talked here but her vocals still doesn't sound HQ even on the released version, it's almost like the leaked version. Did she not even bother to re-record it or is it a mixing fault? :doc:

Still a mega bop though 

I almost feel like it's how the vocals were recorded. The Apple Music Dolby Atmos mix still has the hollow sounding vocals. 

the same guy (Jaycen Joshua) who mixed all her previous singles did this one, and they sounded great, so I'm trying to figure out what went wrong here :skull:

• Thanks 1

vocals sound like she did on diamonds too so that's maybe why im used to it

the style fits here imo tho 

• Like 1

I'm addicted. Issa hit! :wanda:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

1:59 debuted and peaked at #23 WW.  on US itunes Candy Paint peaked at #12 vs 1:59 which i think peaked at #9. there was more promo for that as well as being the comeback single.

It's cute

If you let me take him, you might never get him back

giphy.gif

I'm a baddie and I don't know how to act

giphy.gif

Booty candy painted with the diamond in the back

giphy.gif

When I'm finished, baby, you can have him back
giphy.gif

:jonny6: :jonny6: :jonny6:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

love the song then, love the song now. fresh beat, clean production, great flow. I'm bouncing. :bird:

A hit :jonnycat:

she better book a late night show for this song ... 

Posted (edited)

Rooting for Normani so much (so much), but goodness gracious is this the OFFICIAL wake-up call that the roll-out is grade-A trash. 

I've followed her extensively, so when I say this I say it as someone who has given grace for things like Keep Cool folding, label figures coming and going, the departure from S10/Brandon, and the ramp-up time needed to get things in motion with her new team. 

Yet, the long-hyped Candy Paint arriving like a thief in the night with a quick tweet and no video is objectively shocking. 

Can the insiders give us the deal about the internal sentiment, because atm it's giving a pronounced air of disorganized and defeatist. It's also giving contractual obligation vibes on all ends, the labels and hers.

As a Candy Paint fan, I'm even slightly perplexed such an old track would be used to launch the album over something totally new. It's almost as if they'd rather bank on something with a "little" bit of buzz than throw any weight or belief behind something new.

Have personally heard pretty exciting things about the Candy Paint video, but it's objectively insane to hang the entirety of the launch on its "potential" virality. We're two weeks away from release and her core (potential) audience have zero clue the album is coming out.

She very much feels like a Twitter "thing", both the support and hate. Note she doesn't even really get covered by the big Black IG pages like Shade Room nor are there any mentions on The Breakfast Club. Both places where her core potential audience resides (given the music she makes). Meanwhile, she's perched doing Elle and similar for an audience of Beckies that won't buy a thing come June 14th. Make it make sense.

The launch is very much giving foundation-less and that's the surest fire way to sink whatever they try to build on it.

Random but related, something a friend insists about Mani's rollout feels like it's proving itself true when taking an aerial view at how things have panned out, even with new management. Perhaps things are so messy, budgetless, and unsupported behind the scenes, that this mysterious, "only tip out for the big things" vibe she gives is actually the only real option so as for the chaos behind the scenes to not squander the little chance she has to blow up. Almost like projecting a certain air of "premium", mystery and limited visibility...even if problematic in its own way....will always be better than fessing up to the fact that ain't sh*t happening in her favor behind the scenes. Not with the label, radio, TV, festivals, award shows etc.

All that said, hoping they can salvage a something from this era, be it a hit or at least viral song. And then she needs to move on (whatever that means or looks like) with the QUICKNESS.  

Edited by Cbreezy
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

cute song 

Itʻs a bop but launching this without a video is a disastrous choice. 

• Like 13

A cute bop. I'll admit it does sound a little demo ish like it's missing something, but I still like it :jamming:

I love this. It's kind of refreshing to not have a video and if it becomes a hit she can strike while the irons hot

14k partial streams 

9 minutes ago, Bentley said:

14k partial streams 

What did 1:59 do? Does anyone remember?

2 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

What did 1:59 do? Does anyone remember?

i don't remember the exact number but pretty sure it was over 20k :///

3 minutes ago, butterflymimi said:

i don't remember the exact number but pretty sure it was over 20k :///

22k :/…hoping first full day is still close to 1:59 or greater given she didn't say anything about the song until it was out in the US

7 minutes ago, scrltwtch said:

22k :/…hoping first full day is still close to 1:59 or greater given she didn't say anything about the song until it was out in the US

i thought so… i'd be happy with similar numbers to 1:59 too, i don't expect it to pick up steam until the video comes out so let's just hope until then it just keeps up steady consistent streams🤞 

• Like 2

Eh I prefer it being released without a video. It deserves some radio play before releasing a video. But I love the song. Go Mani!!

Real talk though - was this surprise drop a label decision out of her hands ? @wildsidenormani  @WheresJay this having no promo actually makes no sense and makes it seem like this is also just a buzz single? I really hope she's doing an album film or something. That would make more sense 

It's cute and sound's good while driving. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.